Scars !

MrBadweed

" No longer shackled to the crow and his murder "

med_gallery_80876_12557_565334.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_1574236.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_1656494.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_193786.jpg

My XIXth legion in various completion stages, Im going for Terran nomad-predation survivors re-entering the Imperium after hearing of Corax's "death". I'l post more in the days to come, with some fluff as im going for a pacific islander meets Genghis motherducking Khan vibe.

Edited by MrBadweed

Thanks for the comments :smile.:

The free hands are fun to make and are what appeal to me in the project. 

@Uveron : As for the contrast, that was actually my goal, to achieve the grey on grey which at first glance might seem plain, but you have to "look" to see that it is actually intricate. I think it fits the XIX and the Raven Guard, they all seem to be these grey or black clad shadows, but when you concentrate on them you see the matter within, and oh boy is it fugged up.

That said, i agree that on miniatures contrast is key, therefore i am leaning on giving the more "in your face" units such as Terminators/Dark Fury and my infilitrating porucupine Tacs some abaddon black panels to make the white markings pop more.

Edited by MrBadweed

@Uveron : As for the contrast, that was actually my goal, to achieve the grey on grey which at first glance might seem plain, but you have to "look" to see that it is actually intricate. I think it fits the XIX and the Raven Guard, they all seem to be these grey or black clad shadows, but when you concentrate on them you see the matter within, and oh boy is it fugged up.

That said, i agree that on miniatures contrast is key, therefore i am leaning on giving the more "in your face" units such as Terminators/Dark Fury and my infilitrating porucupine Tacs some abaddon black panels to make the white markings pop more.

Sounds Good! May be the 'Porucupine Tacs' picking out detail on the trophy's could be a good plan.  

med_gallery_80876_12557_311418.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_615054.jpg

Hello ! So first of all thank all of you for commenting, the freehands are sometimes a B**** to paint but seem to be well worth it in the end :tongue.: !

@Kizzdougs : Thanks ! I've been lurking on your plog for a long while and the techniques used in your tutorials were an inspiration for the painting of the Xeric !

@KnightofTheRaven : Hehe, i was actually afraid that it would be too Chaos-y when the idea came to mind. In the end it passed the test, and brings a lot of flavour to the models. I'm really happy about how the trophy racks mech with the MKIII, not so much with the tartaros though :wacko.: .

So, as to progress i am currently about half done with the MKIII first tactical squad, the Mk4 are on the shelf for the moment as i painted too much of those for my last army. If all goes as planned i will post them this week end as well as a couple tartaros. ( Those models are an absolute blast to paint ). After that i'll probably do the Kheres Dreads as training for the big dude !

And fluff ! looootsa fluff !

P.S : I really need to learn how to take better pictures, i found a couple of tutorials to get me started but if anyone has first hand tips let me know !

Edited by MrBadweed

" From the youths four were kept, from their kin the promise was not . "

The Unification Wars Vol. IV ADD.40587

This at the time unknown Astartes commander was first encountered during the Coelia incident circa 008M31. Located at the north-eastern frontier of the Imperium the planet was brought to compliance by the XVIIth Legion just a decade earlier. Rich in highly ceramitic sands, the planet was judged important enough by the Mechanicum who quickly began harvesting and fabricator operations. The XVIIth kept a garrison on the planet, protecting it from Xenos and the dregs of fallen empires who from time to time emerged from the neighboring Ghoul Stars.

med_gallery_80876_12557_646715.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_15268.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_183226.jpg

med_gallery_80876_12557_152929.jpg

--- Incoming Pict-Feed --- Astartes Commander / Praetor equi?? ---

-- Query --

-- Pending --

--incoming Data --- XIX Legion source:/. Cognomen:" Raven Guard" ---

-- Error -- Overruled --

-- Match found --

Line Officer - Tactical Dreadnought Armor Squad variant --

" Deliverer Nadir"

----

--Error--

--Incoming Data -- Source unknown --

" Ehrjak Ake'ai, Last GorKhan of the Naudir, First-Born"

PS : I uploaded better pictures as the first ones were taken after a couple of beers :tongue.:. And the white background seems to agree more with dark mini's.

Edited by MrBadweed

"Who pledged his loyalty?
The Warmaster.
Whom did we serve in faith?
The Warmaster.
From whom did we take our name?
The Warmaster.
Who was denied to us?
The Warmaster.
But whom shall we remake?
The Warmaster.
And who shall lead us to victory?
The Warmaster."

med_gallery_80876_12557_74098.jpg

A small band of Black legionnaires i put together after reading ADB's Talon of Horus.

med_gallery_80876_12557_50856.jpg

And a WIP of the first 3 Tacs :). Im thinking of repainting the white faceplates. Or at least limit them to a couple in the squads because they dont really fit with the aesthetics of the MKIV Tacs of the first post, who are more dark and shady.

Edited by MrBadweed