The Wolves are coming... Legion VI - Vlka Fenryka by Adam

Absolutely fantastic, dude!  I love the gritty colours and weathering (it's still really distinct and makes the spot colours really 'pop') great basing, everything feels cold and competley cohesive.  Special note on the destroyers black, looks like an actual plate of metal that ended up seeing a bit of sun and starting to turn that 'lamp black' grey which heightens the realism.  Y'know, rather than just being 'painted' that kind of cell shaded style. Seriously awesome, mate. 

As for that Proteus, yeaaaaaah, same thing.  I ended up with 3 for that very reason. Preds, the Deimos frames just don't seem to like me for whatever reason.  There's always something I just seem to overlook.  It's lookin' stellar so can't wait to see what ya do with it, mate!  Cheers again. 

Charlo, Pearson73, Gorgoff - many thanks for the comments!

Absolutely fantastic, dude!  I love the gritty colours and weathering (it's still really distinct and makes the spot colours really 'pop') great basing, everything feels cold and competley cohesive.  Special note on the destroyers black, looks like an actual plate of metal that ended up seeing a bit of sun and starting to turn that 'lamp black' grey which heightens the realism.  Y'know, rather than just being 'painted' that kind of cell shaded style. Seriously awesome, mate. 

As for that Proteus, yeaaaaaah, same thing.  I ended up with 3 for that very reason. Preds, the Deimos frames just don't seem to like me for whatever reason.  There's always something I just seem to overlook.  It's lookin' stellar so can't wait to see what ya do with it, mate!  Cheers again. 

Thanks dude! I saw your work on the SoH the other day (only on the second page though), and will get back to I 'm sure, it is also simply amazing, but I will ocmment more in their own thread :wink: Everything you have written are key effects I wanted to achieve, to make them look in the spirit of the 30k setting, so I really appreciate what you wrote mister.

Anyway, talking about the Pred, here he is:

8SLeQEj.jpg?1
UBLWTDe.jpg?1
d0HYo8V.jpg?1
VyDTzHV.jpg?1
WVrvAGT.jpg?1
ZXbyYuU.jpg?1
d0lURfM.jpg?1

Hey, no worries mate, it's just awesome seeing such awesome work too! Heh, the 65th ain't goin' anywhere fast so it's all good eh?

Man, what can I say, I love that weathering work, the rhinox hide in particular is a really interesting one as it does vary up the colour just enough to give it that time worn feel (We have an armoured regiment based in the city that I'm near, and with that stippling work it looks exactly like some of that pitting that you get on the steel hulls of older tanks. Seriously impressive stuff as it's standout, mate!)

Aah the commander models, nice. It's still one of the best around, so great choice. And just great work in general. I do like the red lines above the aft track guards. Man, tempted to use that myself as it works as a distinct but much less intrusive squadron striping.

Fantastic work again, mate. Oh, bit of a question if I could, what weathering powders have you been using? I'm always keen to experiment and see what people's experiences with stuff like that is (I shift brands a lot).

Thanks for the comments guys!

Hey, no worries mate, it's just awesome seeing such awesome work too! Heh, the 65th ain't goin' anywhere fast so it's all good eh?

Man, what can I say, I love that weathering work, the rhinox hide in particular is a really interesting one as it does vary up the colour just enough to give it that time worn feel (We have an armoured regiment based in the city that I'm near, and with that stippling work it looks exactly like some of that pitting that you get on the steel hulls of older tanks. Seriously impressive stuff as it's standout, mate!)

Aah the commander models, nice. It's still one of the best around, so great choice. And just great work in general. I do like the red lines above the aft track guards. Man, tempted to use that myself as it works as a distinct but much less intrusive squadron striping.

Fantastic work again, mate. Oh, bit of a question if I could, what weathering powders have you been using? I'm always keen to experiment and see what people's experiences with stuff like that is (I shift brands a lot).

Thanks mate! I try to make them as realistically as possible, at the same time limiting the amount of time spent, to find the perfect hobby balance of effort/result ;-) As for the red lines - I saw them on some death guard predator, and also thought it looks kickass, as its visible enough and not a lot of work at the same time. Weathering powders - for the hull, I use some no name ones, I found a set of 12 colours, of which I use 3 (dark rust, light rust, sand), then for the black soot I use tamiya weathering master, and for the tracks I use kromlech. Initially I used twice the number of powders, now I trimmed the necessary ones to the absolute minimum, while still retaining the desired effect.

How do you make them so nitty gritty?

I found the recipes mainly in horus heresy: model masterclass, to sum it up imagine the following process: the vehicle exits the factory clean (base colours, shading, highlighting), then on the battlefield he gets scratched/scarred by incoming projectiles (sponge stippling of highlight colour/rhinox hide), then he gets covered in a lot of dust and grime (weathering powders), then scratched some more (sponge stipling of base colour/highlight colour), all the time black soot gathers on exhausts (black tamiya weathering after all scratches), and oil leaks exit from various places (seraphim sepia streaks). Thats the base process of the gritiness ;-)

Oh my! Am loving the Predator!

Good thing I've got 3 of my own on the way!

Thanks!! Hehe, good luck with that amount! ;-) 

Ok, next up is the Sicaran Battle tank, I just love the model, and I will be able to field the minimum requirement for the Armoured Breakthrough Rite of War, which is my current aim.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys for all the comments!

Love the paintjobs, and would love to know how you do your metals, but the pictures are always a bit shaky. Try supporting the camera to get it stable

Metals are done as follows:

1. Base Leadbelcher

2. Wash with Agrax Earthshade

3. Drybrush Necron Compound.

4. Stipple Rhinox Hide with sponge (alternatively a dark grey colour, might look even better, but I use rhinox for the sake of uniformity of the look).

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys!

I haven't been posting for a while now, that does not however mean I haven't been busy in expanding my Vlka Fenryka forces. First of the new additions is the Sicaran Battle Tank, one of my favorite vehicles ever produced for the Great Crusade. 

U3caKBN.jpgRaGofXT.jpg

EqVa2uk.jpg

mOoZ9qp.jpg

2nCTies.jpg

motiD1z.jpg

xpPFUCF.jpgeRRYiw4.jpg

Any C&C welcome! For the All-father! For Russ!