Eaters of worlds VI Echelon - The Blackmaw horrors

Hathis

This is a really great World Eater force Hathis.  Really like corrupted Horus Heresy era look, both models & World Eater colour scheme.  The new Chosen unit look really cool as well.

It would be intresting to see your taken on Khârn with the new plastic model.

Okay I have a thing to say. As awesome as your stuff looks individually....they have so much going on and basically all in the same colors, it's pretty much impossible to tell what is what. I would never be able to tell the difference between your Chosen, your regular Marines and your Berzerker on the table. :mellow.: 

Again individually they are really top notch. I'm just not sure if it works that well on the table...

Insane Psychopath: thanks, Khârn you say, I never really liked him, and  it feels like I am the only one who do so ( not the model ),

to me he broke down and gave up his battle and to me that is weakness.:wink:

Btw, realy like your Ironwarriors.

sfpanzer:                I have the same problem when we butcher and maim our weaker cousins (normal marines that is), with the

exception of Dark angels, and scouts, they all look the same.:laugh.:

But i do have differences between each units, the one that is easiest to spot are the backpacks.

Edited by Hathis

sfpanzer:                I have the same problem when we butcher and maim our weaker cousins (normal marines that is), with the

exception of Dark angels, and scouts, they all look the same.:laugh.:

But i do have differences between each units, the one that is easiest to spot are the backpacks.

That's true if they are painted all the same but normally loyalists have some heraldry that helps to distinguish them. :D Like Blood Angels have yellow helmets for fast attack, golden helmets for veterans and blue helmets for heavy support guys (usually only Devastators obviously :P ).

Sfpanzer: As i know what difference the units have between each other i can tell them apart, and not just the obvious ones such as big guns havoc, boltpistol troop :wink:. and the rare times I do game my opponent can always ask what is what.

Which brings me to units that if not asked can be hard to tell, such as my Wip Obliterator

gallery_93138_12753_61918.jpg

Elduderino:    Mission accomplished then, :biggrin.: sadly I only had enough parts to make 2.

Hushrong:     I see you liked my vision and view on the obliterators, the thing I found hardest was to get the feeling they are

a bit fragile, T4 and 2W are not too impressive after all.

Always a nice compliment if someone wants to copy a thing one have made, if you want i can upload some more

pictures from different angle? so you can get a better view.

Hushrong:     I see you liked my vision and view on the obliterators, the thing I found hardest was to get the feeling they are

a bit fragile, T4 and 2W are not too impressive after all.

Always a nice compliment if someone wants to copy a thing one have made, if you want i can upload some more

pictures from different angle? so you can get a better view.

Liked? No...LOVE IT! Obliterators are a unit I enjoy and have had great success with on the table. I usually slap a Mark of Nurgle on them in the past to make them slightly more tough but their 2+ seemed to never fail me. I have yet to use them with Traitor Legions. However the GW model is a bit beyond dated.

Different angle shots would be greatly appreciated.

Must also say I love your Eaters of Worlds. I had totally missed the first page and had a heart attack looking over your earlier work. I must say you have a fantastic vision for Chaos.

The Obliterators conversion are looking really cool.  They sort of remind me of the Nemesis from the Resident Evil movie.

It's the lipless mouth and teeth!

Thanks for the extra shots and it's awesome to see another one. Taking notes for when I get back to building proper-looking chaos marines! Keep'em coming!

Nemesis, had to look it up been ages since I saw that movie, as hushrong said lipless mouth and teeth, with heavy boots and gattling

cannon, it does have a little resemblance. 

If all things go as planned I will hopefully finish these two soon and continue with my spartan, one have to follow where the inspiration

runs off too, as I do have a few WiP for my worldeaters, but it feels like the spartan is next got stuck halfway, but think I have an idea

that might work.

guess we all have half works lying around awaiting inspiration to spark, like my terminators are based on the cataphractii got stuck

and took me around 6 months before i knew how to continue with them.

Hearing that FW next book will include Sarum, interests me alot, its the place Ashtravar was stationed before the 

Heresy broke out.

Edited by Hathis

• 1 month later...

*crawls out of hells pits* Started with man flue then hit by severe sinusitis. Where was I, ah yes, I did manage to finish the two obliterators.

gallery_93138_12265_228493.jpg

And yes i do like them ultramarine's as long as they know there place, and as all ways anything anyone want a closer

look at just let me know, and i can try and take some more pic's

Edited by Hathis

YES! They look terrorific! I have been looking at this project log of yours for some time wanting to make a kill team of World Eaters (yes, I want to copy yours exactly). and I cannot stress how much detail you have put into these guys. It is all quality stuff.

If it wouldn't be much of a bother I would love to see a comparison pic of them compared to a standard power armor marine. I see the Ultramarine and have an idea but he is a bit dead and lying about.

Schultzhoffen

All ways nice to hear I have manage to change your point of view on khorne and worldeaters, and if a seed of corruption has been planted so even better :wink:

Hushrong

Yeah, they are a bit bigger and bulkier than GW's, once you tried to make one of them, I hope you will share a pic of it, as I have written before the painting is not too difficult to do. Shade's is your best friend, most of the time it feels half the paint time I waiting for shades to dry.

Believe most do sketches of ideas and some become reality while others can stay as a sketch for years, just wish I knew how to write fluff all I manage is to make like a mind map and that's about it.

If I don't get stuck I should soon have the base done on my Spartan.

I bought the obliterators when they went resin. Years ago on this site I saw a tutorial where someone cut up the joints to get them standing upright and it look so much better. I tried this and then stopped using them in my games. I started to make techmarines to use as Obliterators with the idea they made new, nasty weapons and wanted to try them out. I even though of getting the 30K Iron Hand termies and some mechanicus bits to make new obliterators when I read the rules that Oblits can be troops for Iron Warriors.

I am going to start collecting bits and when I make headway on my main project and this side one I started up I will give them a shot.

Also, did I read right that you are churning out a Spartan? Did I miss a post about this? I love that predator you made so I am keen on this.