+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Nice job Colonel Bindoff :tu:

And I think we should do an Infantry version.  More likely in the Fall-Winter after the Summer ETL.  But that's for another discussion ;)

I think you may have started it all.....I have ideas for my "Race Bannon" figure....

Lol, you say that like I'm a bad influence... LOL.

As it happens, I do have a Vanguard Veteran Sergeant who is going to become the living Race Bannon.  Lightning Claw and Powerfist.  However, I think I cracked how that looks good.  Once I've finished him, I'll post up some pics of him.

As usual I'm put to shame by a lot of people's level of industry. Damo, I've lost count of how many Drop Pods you've finished in the time it's taken me to get started on one. I've not been lazy; I've got three built and magnetised now (though I think the other two will have to wait until the ETL for paint jobs ).

However, things might be about to change. I was saying to the manager of my local GW that it'd probably be six months before I bought anything else as that's how long it would take me to knock out 3 Drop Pods. But then a wonderful individual who overheard asked me if I'd thought of painting them with sponges. Sponges? I thought he was off his rocker, but he said he'd done his Nephilim fighter that way, and since GW is only a few doors down from an art shop round my way I figured I'd give it a go. Bless that wonderful man.

SpongingVehicles.jpg?raw=1

I got a first coat of paint on the doors in about three minutes. With a brush this would have taken me all evening and wouldn't have gone on as smoothly. I know this is late to add to the challenge, but I hope someone finds this little nugget useful.

[edit: fixed broken link]

Well, with real life out of the way for some time, my speed is picking up. Without switching to my AdMech for some time, there are more raptors to paint.

The only remaining vehicle from my current vow, the blackstar, is built, converted and ready to prime. Already built another two rhinos and war009ed them with every (sand)bag and equipment item I could. Guess they will fit into the leftover month.

the sponge effect... I need to see the finished example before i'm sold on it...not knocking it(i think it's a fantastic idea,not sure how much extra paint you would go through though :ermm: )

it looks like flat surfaces may benefit from this technique the most...Rhino's,landraiders and stormravens oh my :biggrin.: 

cheers Mithril 

Oh crud, I should have totally got in on this as I've basically done a squad since this was posted. Whelp, I'll have to make a start on that drop pod and scout squad tomorrow won't I!

This vow lot is only for vehicles anyway :wink: ...is your army ravenguard or successor?... and if so then post some before/whatever condition pics and fire away

Welcome aboard,you have just under a month left...

Mithril

Oh crud, I should have totally got in on this as I've basically done a squad since this was posted. Whelp, I'll have to make a start on that drop pod and scout squad tomorrow won't I!

Gotta have an AV to qualify for this one. 

Tanks, speeders, dreads, pods, etc.

However, if your Scouts are mounted on a Land Speeder Storm, that qualifies. 

I'm trying to work out how to get a trio of Tempests and a Fire Raptor. Need more dakka.

Yep, there is still time to join WLH! In fact, technically you can vow one day and complete the next. The completion post must be before the end date and time. Otherwise, before/after pics are requested and at least three colors used (washes don't count) :tu:

Sure, here you go:

aimg_29129asjf.jpg

aimg_2909evsff.jpg

The conversion is rather simple: Take a LandSpeeder typhoon missile launcher (DA players have spares, because ravenwing upgrade set has them too), and cut off where it would meet the speeder door. The main launcher consists of 2 parts, if the front one is cut off a bit more, it fits right on the first part of the inquisition symbol.

Wthere are more raptors to paint.

The only remaining vehicle from my current vow, the blackstar, is built, converted and ready to prime. Already built another two rhinos and war009ed them with every (sand)bag and equipment item I could. Guess they will fit into the leftover month.

always more raptors to paint......

:blush.:, wait till you see what i have planned for my next 2 predators...:wink:

War009 is officially a verb :thumbsup:

The sponge work is ... Insanely brilliant! I wonder if that would work on a Land Raider?

:biggrin.: thats better than the swear word it normally is....

it should work

the sponge effect... I need to see the finished example before i'm sold on it...not knocking it(i think it's a fantastic idea,not sure how much extra paint you would go through though :ermm: )

it looks like flat surfaces may benefit from this technique the most...Rhino's,landraiders and stormravens oh my :biggrin.:

cheers Mithril 

that is my concern too...the amount of paint but here in az the heat drys paint out so quick i think it wont matter to much. 

Before and after pics? Well, got one...corvus converted, but until it's basecoated, I stick to the first rhino.

aimg_2907josa8.jpg

:censored: sexy......and I don't just mean the war009ed rhino chassises

MajorNese, I humbly further request detail shot of the missile launcher conversion area because ... that looks very awesome!

Pretty please :happy.:

Seconded.....and you ninja'd me MajorNese

AS promised the updates on my Typhoons......didn't work on them last night was stuck babysitting my 3 nieces :dry.: ages 4-10... 

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/war009/20170315_215816_zpswbplatcf.jpg

The gunner side step was not sitting right so I intentionally broke it off with the intent on fixing it.....

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/war009/20170315_220425_zpsnkivzbbb.jpg

Vows updated!

I finally got to my Rhino after a spat of cold that made my basement an icebox.  I'm on track to finish within a month.  If I can get it done in two weeks I just may get to a Drop Pod ^_^

I started painting last night not much done besides first layer of yellow on missiles, lights, lenses, and eyes for the the crews. Ill get some more work done this afternoon after work and hopefully picking up decals from my friend late tonight. 

I duz_ have completed my vow of 2 Storm Talons for the Raven Guard chapter!

gallery_87434_12256_344473.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_562295.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_89189.jpg

And for those who are curious. I did drive around the city last week looking for the tamiya paint. I did find it! I just have to find the canopies now... ha

Original Post:

I, duz_, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete 2 Storm Talons by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

gallery_87434_12256_503898.jpg

The last few vows were fine to complete. This next vow I have to admit I've been dreading ...

I duz_, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete 2 Drop Pods by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

gallery_87434_12256_368560.jpg

Edit:

For those looking at the drop pod on the left and wondering how I can vow it. Well that needs to be in full digicam too... I've done 1.5 panels so far

Archived