+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Dry brushing rocks to make them more rock-like. Sometimes I pause and think we're all crazy. Then I pick up my landspeeder, make zooming noises and multi-melta my tea.

I'd go with assault cannons personally because of the higher shot volume in case of jinks. Did you go melta on the front? There's always magnets if you like that sort of thing.

Yep, front is melta. I considered Typhoon launchers, but decided against it.

I was leaning toward assault cannons, actually. They can penetrate a Land Raider if you get lucky and roll a 6 for armor penetration.

I think they're way more reliable for anti air duty as well. Melta remains my first choice for land raiders and their ilk. But assault cannons are brilliant against transports, light armour etc, and POTMS helps pick and choose targets. I mean, what's not to love about the storm raven?

Vows updated - welcome NiceGuyAdi :thumbsup:

I may keep my Stormraven as stock - AC and HB with rockets.  Pew Pew :happy.:

Magnetise it?

I did that with a Grey Knights one.  Works quite well.  The worst part is getting the magnets to fit in the nose part.

Finally found time to crack on with my vow!

WIP shot of the Contemptor, just need to finish building his chain fist arm and a little bit more work on the base, then he's ready for some undercoating.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/Valaas/IMG_20170302_070329_zpshwrolopu.jpg

As always comments, suggestions and questions welcome.

Cheers,

Valaas

I, Damo1701, for the Ravenguard, vow to complete A Drop Pod by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

I would add pics, but we know what a Drop Pod on Sprue looks like.  Purchased it at 12:03PM today...

Now the fun begins!

Nice Contemptor indeed!  Never underestimate the power of the Heavy Bolter!

Damo, hate to be a stickler, but before and after pics are needed.  In fact, I need to check on everyone's pledge in that regard :sweat:

to make it easy for you, Race, here is mine

Vow#1 

before 

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/war009/Mobile%20Uploads/20160906_190643_zpsbawmjrj8.jpg

Completed and Vow#2 before

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/war009/20170225_164103_zpsmcwbhi8a.jpg

should finish Vow #2 tonight (took the past 2 nights off from working on it) and maybe start on Vow #3

Adulting sucks......and so does old age

I have to decide what to build next for Vow #3 it will be either a Land speeder Storm or a Land Speeder Typhoon

I, War009 of the 10th Company of Raptor's Chapter submit Vow#2- Rifleman Dreadnought "Owl I" - as completed in to the Talon's Reach Armory Build 

I, War009 of the 10th Company of Raptor's Chapter, vow to complete 2 Landspeeder Typhoons "Kite I & Kite II" by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017 for Vow #3

@Valaas- ...good looking pose there, thats such a nice model too :wub:

i guess the Battle-suit was cut up..."For the Greater good" eh ? :wink:

@war009 - nice Rifleman :cool.:

@Damo - well done on locating another vehicle for the challenge:thumbsup: , now get some black on it!! 

should hope to finish mine by Monday (note to self,paint rest of your Drop pod after son goes to bed this weekend...:laugh.: ) 

Cheers, Mithril

great pose.

nice Valaas

Cheers guys, loving the contemptor model, great posing options without to much hassle! Looks even better now with the chainfist/melta, will try and get some more photos tonight.

@Valaas- ...good looking pose there, thats such a nice model too :wub:

i guess the Battle-suit was cut up..."For the Greater good" eh ? :wink:

Cheers, Mithril

Yup one of the reeeeeeaaaalllllly old crisis suits.....1st ed codex.....sacrificed to my new Raven Guard!

I'm going to call this completed.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Damosmy/2017%20Miniatures/image_2.jpg

Not entirely sure what I want to do next with it, so I'll let it sit as completed until I decide how and what should be next.  If anybody asks, It's new in the launch rails...  Awaiting its first deployment.

IMG 3027

Vow complete.  I now understand why people hate painting drop pods.  It's painting the exact same thing five times. Paint then twist, paint then twist.  

Still, the Knights are becoming a viable force now.  Just twenty devastators, ten tacticals, my honour guard, a librarian, a chaplain and ten more assault marines to go.... 

Heck yes! Very impressive round of completions ^_^

I'll update the OP tomorrow. Until then, keep them coming gang. I've got to take pics of mine as it is finished too, but it's not official until you see it too.

:tu:

Archived