+++ Talon's Reach - An Armory Building Event +++

Race Bannon

Wow, didn't catch that auto correct!

Edited :blush.:

I saw the unedited version in my mailbox....  PMSL though really did...  After I saw the last two posts, I wondered what was wrong.

I can't add any more vows currently :(  Not sure when I'll be able to get more pods :(

i think you have done more than your fair share here Damo1701  :thumbsup:  you can rest the raven brush for now...

I'm very intrigued as to what race's post was...unedited ...:wink.:

i haven't finished my pod yet but hope to get some more done this evening...

cheers, Mithril

Im calling the first talon complete! Now to start the second. Had to purchase some more greys today to keep going!

gallery_87434_12256_637353.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_299.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_460612.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_510423.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_297687.jpg

Still working out an idea for the canopy?

Well that Talon is def in a Class of it's own :wub: , I'm glad your going with the Orange (i can picture it now :cool.: )

either your photography is getting better or your getting in the Groove with painting your Camo scheme, i'm thinking both :thumbsup:  excellent work there, i'm almost tempted to try that scheme with -

Green,yellow and Calthan brown...(not sure)...

Green, Zandri dust and black...

...? 

on my Raptors Talon.

Cheers, Mithril

Well that Talon is def in a Class of it's own :wub: , I'm glad your going with the Orange (i can picture it now :cool.: )

either your photography is getting better or your getting in the Groove with painting your Camo scheme, i'm thinking both :thumbsup: excellent work there, i'm almost tempted to try that scheme with -

Green,yellow and Calthan brown...(not sure)...

Green, Zandri dust and black...

...?

on my Raptors Talon.

Cheers, Mithril

Green, zandri and black sounds good

Especially if there will be some of your signature yellow / orange splashes. ;)

Vows updated!

Damo1701 is way Way WAY ahead of the Unkindness in terms of completions.  Great job :tu:  Make-n-paint more!

Let's not forget that the ETL is slowly creeping on us, so also start planning/preparing for that ^_^

Vows updated!

Damo1701 is way Way WAY ahead of the Unkindness in terms of completions. Great job :tu: Make-n-paint more!

Let's not forget that the ETL is slowly creeping on us, so also start planning/preparing for that ^_^

It's been a while, what's the ETL again please?

I'm hoping I can get another pod later today, that will be for a contemptor, (2nd Hand), but it will require Air Brushing... all these vehicles have eaten 2 rattle cans lol!

If it does appear, I'll vow for it, I might also be able to grab another pod at the end of the month. Can't promise that though.

Btw, completeted!

I decided to keep the Chapter sigil rather small for the size of the doors, but it's on each door. No other symbols are on the model because I figure it either gets trashed and left behind on the field or is recovered. Either way, the craft should be simple. The doors are closed and I love it. So, I'm totally doing that for any Drop Pod I own going forward :wink:

You'll see some corners unpainted because the black spray clearly didn't get in there and I'll ruin a brush getting into those tight areas. It's a weird thing as the model's corners between levels is concave enough to make painting every visible area almost ... almost impossible.

I'm comforted by this error because I'm going for table-top quality (which is speed versus quality) and that I'm not using this Pod in every game.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_488663.jpg

SO ... next vow ... dunno. Rhino again?

Gah, fine.

I, Race Bannon, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete a Rhino by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2017.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_143300.jpg

There is a Dozer Blade in there too. I think I'll make a gunner holding the Storm Bolter in the cupola too.

Just over a month. I think I can pull it off :tu:

E Tenebris Lux, the summer painting challenge by Captain Semper. The entire board is involved where factions compete. Weekly totals are calculated by points vowed, then points completed. I have a vertical banner in my sig that links the my humble efforts for C:SM forum.

Within that link, you can go to the first post that has links to other pages. Like a wiki, links within links.

It's an interesting challenge ^_^

I'll be reserving my eventual Raven Guard Terminators for ETL.

I would save my Stormraven for it, but I need it done by June.

Putting together a 1st Company Task Force?

Yeah, eventually.

Probably going to go with 2 standard squads and an assault squad.

Scouts with teleport homers guiding them in. Can't imagine Raven Guard would use Land Raiders that often.

Wow so many new Vows guys!! great to see :thumbsup:

My update...

pods 3/4 done... gee i'm actually starting to see why you guys hate pods :blush.: i'm loving it but yeah it's repetitive...5 doors all the same :sweat:

and i decided to do the interior of the doors,i just couldn't resist adding some orange and white somewhere :wub:

WiP pic -

med_gallery_9146_7882_1082216.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Vows update.

Actually they were updated previously, yet I need a marker post to be sure they are absolutely current. ^_^

@mithrilforge - the Pod is looking really good :tu:  Is that a light grey interior?

@mithrilforge - the Pod is looking really good :thumbsup:  Is that a light grey interior?

it's original paint was Tamiya Ghost grey outer with Tamiya aluminium spray on the interior, going to go over it with leadbelcher and a Nuln wash.

The doors inner are Ulthuan grey then with white mixed in...

Mithril 

Archived