Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BL stuff

• Please log in to reply
3893 replies to this topic

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,336 posts
New Siege of Terra map coming up on Saturday. Imperial palace from the second book, which makes you think they might do them all. Which means I’m going to need more wall space! Francesca Baerald is an absolute genius. Including these maps in the siege books was an amazing idea. Her style is utterly perfect for 40k.
  • Felix Antipodes, Kelborn and RedFurioso like this

Felix Antipodes

Felix Antipodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 788 posts
  • Faction: Fighting Furies
Mortis and Inferno 6 up for preorder this week. Really looking forward to Inferno as it looks a good mix of authors. Really miss the old Monday e-shorts.

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,736 posts

The audiobook for Ciaphas Cain: Duty Calls is also coming for preorder next week. They made sure to put it into an easy to miss footnote squished between the Mortis image and the closing words that everybody skips anyway.

Much quicker turnaround than usual between books, but hey, I'm not complaining, I finished listening to Death or Glory last week, and more Cain is always welcome. Still 4 omnibus'd novels left afterwards, anyway, and more than enough classics to tackle once the series is fully covered.

• Felix Antipodes likes this

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

Next week pre-orders: 31-35 The Horus Heresy PoDs, rest (Sisters of Battle LE, Gitslayer, etc) looks to be postponed. 

https://www.warhamme...-bit-heres-how/

• Roomsky and ACoolBird like this

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,736 posts

Considering I've been waiting an entire month on my LFGS preorder of the March WD.... yeah, seems like a good call to slow down and take a long hard look at the shipping situation.

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

It looks we might be getting a sequel to Bloodlines.

https://www.amazon.d...k/dp/B08PVRHLYF

The release date is a bit strange, it's dated 24.12.2020, and the page count is only 48. Maybe someone who speaks German can check the synopsis.

• Ubiquitous1984 likes this

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

The release date is a bit strange, it's dated 24.12.2020, and the page count is only 48. Maybe someone who speaks German can check the synopsis.

That’s the German version of the short story Aberrant which came out last year in the No Good Men anthology. The French and German versions came out separately later, like the release date says. We’re definitely getting more Crime this year, but given how busy Wraight has been between his Terra work in 30k/40k and finishing up the Blood of Asaheim trilogy I’m skeptical that a Bloodlines sequel will be among them.
  • DarkChaplain, theSpirea and Ubiquitous1984 like this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,336 posts

You had me pretty darn excited there for a moment
  • DukeLeto69 likes this

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

Well Frater(s) maybe this will get you excited. Chris Wraight posted the following on Twitter the other day...

“Great chat just now about #WarhammerCrime, future developments, story ideas. Really excited about everything being worked on for this line atm”
  • Knockagh, DarkChaplain and theSpirea like this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,336 posts
Very cool. Delighted it’s still in their thoughts and things are progressing. Although that sounds like anything physically in our hands is along way away

Bobss

Bobss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 203 posts

Well Frater(s) maybe this will get you excited. Chris Wraight posted the following on Twitter the other day...

“Great chat just now about #WarhammerCrime, future developments, story ideas. Really excited about everything being worked on for this line atm”

Very cool, but I was hoping for Lords of Silence 2 given how his Space Wolves trilogy has concluded and his Siege of Terra entry might be complete

Then again, I have no idea if there will be a second book

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
Seeing as it is April and I think the lead time between starting a novel for BL and them publishing it seems to be roughly 9 months, then it would appear that WH Crime season 2 isn’t coming until after xmas!

Personally my Chris Wraight prioriy list is:

1. Vaults of Terra 3
2. Watchers of the Throne 3
3. Bloodlines 2
4. Siege of Terra 6
5. Lords of Silence 2
  • byrd9999 likes this

byrd9999

byrd9999

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 217 posts

Bearing in mind that BL authors are people too, and although we've all had more time at home in the past 12 months, it hasn't really been productive time for many people. I would rather the BL stable of authors make sure they are okay first, and focus on writing kick-ass stories second.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see a delay to some writing schedules, just because the authors might be frazzled from lockdown, but also being stretched thin by the (awesome) scope of BL release scheduling: Siege of Terra, Indomitus Crusade, Horror, Crime, Primarchs, not to mention all the other individual author series, such as Watchers of the Throne, etc...

I would rather BL plan proper release schedules, even if it means a series is delayed while everything is readied. The recent "Season 2" of Horror was disappointing, not in terms of quality, just considering the bounty we had in the first year.

Also, I have a large BL backlog, so it'll give me time to read through it all smile.png

But, here's hoping we get Bloodlines 2 and Lords of Silence 2 on the docket at some point! Vorx and Zidarov are some of my favourite BL characters.

Edited by byrd9999, 20 April 2021 - 08:06 AM.

• Dumah and Petitioner's City like this

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,334 posts

Seeing as it is April and I think the lead time between starting a novel for BL and them publishing it seems to be roughly 9 months, then it would appear that WH Crime season 2 isn’t coming until after xmas!

1. Vaults of Terra 3
3. Bloodlines 2
4. Siege of Terra 6
5. Lords of Silence 2

He did hint at his output for this year on twitter at the end of last year, dont recall the details anymore.

Siege of Terra 6 is the big one which is certainly coming out in the second half of the year. The question is, what else has he done, since he usually has at least 2/3 novels out every year. 

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

1. Vaults of Terra 3
3. Bloodlines 2
4. Siege of Terra 6
5. Lords of Silence 2

Wraight having a meeting about Warhammer Crime now doesn’t mean much in terms of the season 2 release schedule from what I understand. He could be planning out season 3 or reviewing works from the upcoming season 2 that are due to arrive in a few months.

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

1. Vaults of Terra 3
3. Bloodlines 2
4. Siege of Terra 6
5. Lords of Silence 2

Wraight having a meeting about Warhammer Crime now doesn’t mean much in terms of the season 2 release schedule from what I understand. He could be planning out season 3 or reviewing works from the upcoming season 2 that are due to arrive in a few months.

True enough although, based on other comments he has made over past few months, I do think it is only recently that he/they have turned their attention back to WH Crime. So I do believe this reflects discussions on “season 2”

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

1. Vaults of Terra 3
3. Bloodlines 2
4. Siege of Terra 6
5. Lords of Silence 2

True enough although, based on other comments he has made over past few months, I do think it is only recently that he/they have turned their attention back to WH Crime. So I do believe this reflects discussions on “season 2”
We’ll have to agree to disagree then. I’ve only seen Wraight mention his own work until this recent tweet, I don’t think we can infer the state of the imprint entire or what this meeting was specifically about. It could be starting work on season two, wrapping up work on season two or starting work on season three.

Edit: things could have changed, but the Warhammer Community 2020 in review article explicitly says more Crime (fiction) is coming in 2021, which would be odd if books hadn’t been commissioned at that point.

https://www.warhamme...2020-in-review/

Edited by cheywood, 20 April 2021 - 11:26 AM.

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

1. Vaults of Terra 3
3. Bloodlines 2
4. Siege of Terra 6
5. Lords of Silence 2

We’ll have to agree to disagree then. I’ve only seen Wraight mention his own work until this recent tweet, I don’t think we can infer the state of the imprint entire or what this meeting was specifically about. It could be starting work on season two, wrapping up work on season two or starting work on season three.

Edit: things could have changed, but the Warhammer Community 2020 in review article explicitly says more Crime (fiction) is coming in 2021, which would be odd if books hadn’t been commissioned at that point.

https://www.warhamme...2020-in-review/

You could well be right. Heck I HOPE you are right as I loved the WH Crime books and getting S2 later this year would be great.

BL do work quite far in advance so totally plausible.

I based this on me asking Chris Wraight, about 2 months back, if he had started writing Bloodlines 2 to be told not yet but soon. However, again it is totally plausible that won’t be part of S2!
  • cheywood likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,336 posts
A rather sad grim series of little tales of soldiers woe in this months white dwarf for anyone interested. By Callum Davis called The Great Drowning. Not one to cheer you up if that’s your kind of thing!

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

Not sure how reliable this is but it looks like BL might unintentionally leaked two books.

Broken City for Warhammer Crime and one for AoS (can't really read the title).

• Knockagh, cheywood, Kelborn and 1 other like this

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

Not sure how reliable this is but it looks like BL might unintentionally leaked two books.

Great spot! Where did you see/get this image? I can’t see the author(s) of Broken City can you?

theSpirea

theSpirea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

It's from the Mortis ebook. Can't really see the author either. 

• DukeLeto69 likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,336 posts
Well spied, crime on the way, woop woop!

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts

Great spot! Where did you see/get this image? I can’t see the author(s) of Broken City can you?
Recent ebook releases have it. Mortis as mentioned and Inferno six are the two I’ve checked. I zoomed in on my phone and it seems like Broken City is a short story anthology. The image was very pixelated, but it doesn’t look like a name and it’s printed horizontally whereas BL seems to print authors’ names vertically on the spine for most novels.

The AOS novel is A Dynasty of Monsters by David Annandale. The cover is a person in purple armour holding a sword.

Edited by cheywood, 24 April 2021 - 12:11 PM.

• DukeLeto69 likes this

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
@cheywood looks like, thankfully, you may well have been right and we ARE getting some Crime goodness sooner. My hat is truly doffed sir!
  • cheywood likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users