Jolemai

You can tell you were around during the third edition by giving the Chaplain a death mask :wink: but by combining two heads to do it

thanks all for the compliments!

Jole, i saw this guy with a normal death mask when coming up with the idea, but after making the model and the pose , the screaming head looked so much better... But i still wanted the mask, and for him to stand out from his screaming brethren...So screaming death mask.

Also, chaplains could take a grail in 3rd ed too​, i believe. All he needs is a sacred shroud, or whatever it was called.

A quick check of my third edition Codex (what? it's on my bookshelf) agrees with you but the Holy Shroud (ignore any LDR modifers within 6") was standard bearers only.

(If anyone is interested, the Death Mask applied a -1 modifer to morale checks at the end of combat and the Grail gave any unit within 6" an extra D6 towards a Sweeping Advance, discarding the lowest role)

A quick check of my third edition Codex (what? it's on my bookshelf) agrees with you but the Holy Shroud (ignore any LDR modifers within 6") was standard bearers only.

Odd. Last night i was looking at my old metal command squad standard bearer, and wondering how on Baal i was going to free hand a banner for him. Anyone got a good tutorial on sculpting robes or cloaks?

Luther has linked one a few pages back and there's some half decent ones in the tutorial section. Also Gwain Ventris has a hard mode sculpting thread but that's more for camo cloaks.

Odd. Last night i was looking at my old metal command squad standard bearer, and wondering how on Baal i was going to free hand a banner for him. Anyone got a good tutorial on sculpting robes or cloaks?

Using tissue and glue:  http://www.bolterand...ller/?p=3574931

Using tissue and glue:  http://www.bolterand...ller/?p=3574931

Posting that after i'm pretty much done with my Captain...well played. :D

Anyway, saved for later use.

Assembly really just turned into a couple of pieces needing gluing on, and the arms can pop off but remain tight. Here is my Librarian Furioso Dreadnought Complete! The idea and bits for him were assembled PRIOR to the current plastic kit coming out.

Front

33225473081_4b17063236_b.jpg

33312311876_99d876dab3_b.jpg

Back

32539046413_4afff766fd_b.jpg

Right

32510062704_abdd912217_b.jpg

Left

33353015595_f6d1e065c5_b.jpg

Angled 1

33312307106_7931624e14_b.jpg

Angled 2

32510064894_97393fe802_b.jpg

Angled 3

33225481681_a90c6e12ea_b.jpg

Parts Used

Body - AOBR or regular dreadnought. The fronts were filed down to fit some spare venerable parts I had lying around on.

Front Sarcophagus plates - Venerable Dreadnought

Right Arm: Metal furioso arm with meltagun

Left Arm: Venerable Dreadnought arm with human-like fingers and fist

Force Weapon: sword from metal space marine terminator captain

Smoke launchers: Some SM vehicle sprue

"Engine" is the Baal Flamer turret tanks and the Baal assault cannon turret ammo hopper stacked together. They look like fuel canisters and ammo supplies.

Legs: Normal dreadnought with Venerable shin plates

Scrolls, seals, and cruxes: from vehicle upgrade sprues in bitz box.

That is 2 vows complete for me! This one might be OCC, but, well, it was too cool not to finish.

Assembly really just turned into a couple of pieces needing gluing on, and the arms can pop off but remain tight. Here is my Librarian Furioso Dreadnought Complete! The idea and bits for him were assembled PRIOR to the current plastic kit coming out.

Front

33225473081_4b17063236_b.jpg

33312311876_99d876dab3_b.jpg

Back

32539046413_4afff766fd_b.jpg

Right

32510062704_abdd912217_b.jpg

Left

33353015595_f6d1e065c5_b.jpg

Angled 1

33312307106_7931624e14_b.jpg

Angled 2

32510064894_97393fe802_b.jpg

Angled 3

33225481681_a90c6e12ea_b.jpg

Parts Used

Body - AOBR or regular dreadnought. The fronts were filed down to fit some spare venerable parts I had lying around on.

Front Sarcophagus plates - Venerable Dreadnought

Right Arm: Metal furioso arm with meltagun

Left Arm: Venerable Dreadnought arm with human-like fingers and fist

Force Weapon: sword from metal space marine terminator captain

Smoke launchers: Some SM vehicle sprue

"Engine" is the Baal Flamer turret tanks and the Baal assault cannon turret ammo hopper stacked together. They look like fuel canisters and ammo supplies.

Legs: Normal dreadnought with Venerable shin plates

Scrolls, seals, and cruxes: from vehicle upgrade sprues in bitz box.

That is 2 vows complete for me! This one might be OCC, but, well, it was too cool not to finish.

gallery_62972_10568_2231.jpg

What? I love that meme

It's not OOC at all as I said that Librarian Dreadnoughts were unrestricted with the proviso that they weren't a tweaking of the Librarian Dreadnought kit and this is great :happy.: Always knew that sword was a big one but never knew it would fit a Dreadnought... :huh.:

Thread updated to here

I will have to rescind my vow unfortunately. I had a bunch of stuff I needed to get table top ready for a game so Cypher slipped down the list, and now I won't have time before the deadline. To be honest I really like the new official model so when I do get around to doing him I'll probably just get that!

Congrats to all those who have completed their vows, some really great work in here, and best of luck to everyone still working on theirs!

med_gallery_78067_12431_180666.jpg

[pict-capture: Command officer, Azra'il Company, IX Legion.]

My entry for the Great Baalite Bake-off. Still a bit rough, but the model is starting to take form. Considering a cape, but need to figure out how to go about it. There are still quite a few bits that I'm not quite satisfied with.

I will have to rescind my vow unfortunately. I had a bunch of stuff I needed to get table top ready for a game so Cypher slipped down the list, and now I won't have time before the deadline. To be honest I really like the new official model so when I do get around to doing him I'll probably just get that!

Congrats to all those who have completed their vows, some really great work in here, and best of luck to everyone still working on theirs!

Don't worry about it, these things happen and it's a casual event all the same. Those who do fail still have a month to get it ready for the ETL ;)

med_gallery_78067_12431_180666.jpg

[pict-capture: Command officer, Azra'il Company, IX Legion.]

My entry for the Great Baalite Bake-off. Still a bit rough, but the model is starting to take form. Considering a cape, but need to figure out how to go about it. There are still quite a few bits that I'm not quite satisfied with.

Looking good so far. What don't you like and where is that head from? Is it a shaved down SG head?

I finally broke down and ordered the bitz I wanted for my custom Sanguinor. It all depends on whether the arrive in time as to whether I do a vow or not.

We can vow any time before April 3rd so long as we vow at least 24 hours before we do the actual kitbashing/converting and post the completed pics, right?

I finally broke down and ordered the bitz I wanted for my custom Sanguinor. It all depends on whether the arrive in time as to whether I do a vow or not.

We can vow any time before April 3rd so long as we vow at least 24 hours before we do the actual kitbashing/converting and post the completed pics, right?

Correct.

I, Sun Reaver, rise to the challenge of the The Great Baalite Bake Off and vow to kitbash one Gabriel Seth of our proud battle brothers of Sanguinius' bloodline (successor chapter name still WIP) on or before April 3rd, 2017. Success will bring honor to Sanguinius and The Emeperor, whilst failure is not an option...

Edited by Sun Reaver