Lone Star meet Up

Depending on a date, I could probably make it out to Austin for some 40K, I also host Honda (and a few others) on a semi-regular basis at my place for anyone who ends up in Houston.

I live was SW Austin.  So it is a wee bit of a drive north so I do not think I would do a weekday game night but I'd be down for a Saturday or Sunday.

Also my first time hearing of Wonko's but they look good.

• 5 months later...
I’ve been in Austin visiting friends and randomly got the chance to check out Wonko’s, it’s pretty nice, and the gaming space is pretty big. I’ve also got access to a fairly large show room that can be taken over for 36 or so hours (longer on holiday weekends) next to I-10 in West Houston.

• 5 months later...
So I just wanted to bring this back up because I found out recently that my brother will be closing his shop for the long weekend on Memorial Day. I was thinking it could be fun to host a largish Apoc style we game/s that weekend and invite as many B&C members who feel like showing up and hanging out. I can set up at least three 6x4 tables with terrain. The show room is pretty massive if floor hammer ends up being the requirement (we've had 4-5 cars and trucks inside being worked on with space to spare), a fair amount of parking that can be gated off if the game/s run/s late, and it's conveniently located at I-10 and Beltway 8. Oh, and a vinyl plotter there to make silly stickers to commemorate a possibly very insane game or decorate army cases at random ;) So what say you Texas members?

• 2 months later...

So I'm feeling it's time to bring this back up, since the memorial day long weekend has came and went, I was actually booked up with clients not much came of it. So this time I'd like to really put it out there, Labor Day weekend is the 1st - 3rd this year, thus with the last long weekend I know the shop will be closed on a Saturday for, I'd like to propose a big ole meet up. First let me show y'all the shop.

Myk5Jkd.jpg

A more or less front door view

b933YrS.jpg

This side usually has the cars we do wraps on.

As before there is parking, gates, and all sorts of local amenities such as restaurants and fast food, multiple hotels of varying price points, a GW within 15 minutes for those last minute purchases and a craft store within 5.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived