Duz's GKs

duz_

So I've finally got around to starting a WiP / batrep thread for my GK's

Despite not having done much work or playing with them since I picked up my RG in earnest late last year I have come back to painting them slowly more recently.

I was partially inspired to revisit them after reading Warden of the Blade and then with the new Voldus model.

Also with 8th ed around the corner and the changes to the rules I'm hoping they'll be a very formidable force. Not to mention some of my less than optimized load outs (/looks at psycannons and psilencers on non relentless platforms) I can start painting some of the models I haven't felt the need to paint.

To start here's my Voldus I have been working on...

Step 1 Head swap

gallery_87434_11952_213202.jpg

Step 2 Dry brushing + head

gallery_87434_11952_179324.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_36963.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_268883.jpg

Step 3 Large details

gallery_87434_11952_107807.jpg

gallery_87434_11952_86249.jpg

Now I just need to finalise the last small details and edge highlights (this feels like the last part of a move where its just the little bits that never seem to end!)

I will slowly start including some of my existing force in here and batrep's and painting updates as they come :)

Very nice Duz! Super clean.. you do yours shinier than mine... and they have a very 'pure' look to them.  I like the personal touches too. It's hard to get too personalized with the GK as they are a very uniform force. Also digging the purple. Looks good. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

So I just purchased this (seemingly) awesome collapsible lightbox.

http://us.orangemonkie.com/product/foldio1/

Once it arrives I plan on using my GK's as test subjects! After which I will post them up here and elsewhere :)

For those who are interested theyre also in the process of a kickstarter for a 25" version. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/orangemonkie/foldio3-take-bigger-ideas?ref=nav_search

I will probably support it when funds clear up as it seems to be really good value!

• 10 months later...

/dont delete me bump ;)

Although on a related note, not that there are many pic's of my GK in this thread I am considering basing / rebasing my GK's

As currently I half arsed basing them with "mist" using cotton wool which did the trick of having them count as based for tournamnets

However now I am a convert of the GW basing textures and I'm thinking Astrogranite + blue wash + white / blue highlights

Once I've moved house and settled down I think I will get it done as it should be a fairly quick and easy thing to do then I can get a full painted army shot :)

Archived