We Fallen Few - Tales of a Broken Legion

foamy248

bl.php?text=We%20Fallen%20Few%20-%20Tales%20of%20a%20Shattered%20Legion&fontsize=25&bg=000000

http://i.imgur.com/jcbmMft.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL0RzgUpGjk

"How thou art fallen from Heaven,"

"O Day Star, son of the Dawn!"

"How thou art cut down to the ground,"

"Ye who laid the nations low!"

"You said in your heart, I will ascend to Heaven"

"Above the stars of God I will set my throne on high;"

- Isaiah 14:12-14:13

“Even the devil was once an angel.”

- Unknown, telechording processes date quote to ancient Albia

S
upernovas flare on the edge of nothingness, and galaxies collapse in blazing infernos. The universe is tinted in clashing shades and hues, like oil on water. Once the mechanics and workings of this place could be mapped and categorised and explained, but physics itself is collapsing, as reality becomes an impossible paradox of imploding matter. This is where life once reigned, where science and reason were once king. Tiny pinpricks of light once shone down from the heavens, and monolithic nebula enshrouded swarming colonies of planets. My little vantage point was once a front row seat for the twirling ballet of entire galaxies. Once. Now it is engulfed in the realm of the gods. The Warp, Empyrean, Immaterium - this maddening realm has been called many things, but now I call it home.

“The planet I walk through is gnarled and broken, a legacy of a long dead species. I am surrounded by dunes of ashes. Bled-dry lakes pock and scar the landscape. This world was once called Cadia; now it is little but a worn-out husk. A token trophy of Imperial defiance.

“Already, Abaddon prepares to lead the largest crusade into realspace ever. It will bookend the fight that began with Horus ten thousand years ago. Billions upon trillions will die in the name of prophets and false gods. The best of us have died to make it this far - I remember Eros and his metal-wrought golem Damocles, fair Aktarius and poor, tortured Andras. I will always remember Apollyon’s final screams, Ipos’ sacrifice. Orias Nemian. Little Sorath. No, enough have died to make it thus far. There is no return. We are fallen angels, once the saviours of the hellish regime that turned on us. We made the Imperium, we built it and shaped it day after day, fight after fight, death after death, We made the Corpse God’s domain with sweat on our brows, blood on our hands, and our brothers’ backs to our own. We fought at His side millennia before you worshipped him as the Saviour. Look at me. No, look. At my eyes. Yes. These are the eyes of he who has seen too much; the executions of the populations of entire solar solar systems, planets bombed into fiery hells and molten infernos. The death of my brothers… of my legion. All this in the name of the Imperium we built. But… but, now…

“Now we’re taking it back. “

“Ah. You want know my tale, do you? It is one that will your Inquisitors will be most interested by, but maybe you’ll die under their tools before you can tell them. They will say my words are lies and falsehoods, intended to propagate unrest. They will say I am merely a pawn of ruinous gods, corrupted by intoxicating power. Perhaps I am. But know this; I have lived for millennia, and have experienced all your Inquisitors call myth and legend.

“Every word I speak, every tale I tell, every war I chronicle, is true.”

+++

http://i.imgur.com/n4itkXu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w1DokTZ.jpg

[Pict Capture E9-129/JB] - Andras Torghurstin of the Lost Angels warband, formerly of the Sons of Horus Legion

Andras Torghurstin can be considered somewhat of an anomaly in the Black Legion, with little to no visible physical corruption. This is likely a result of little time in the Empyrean, although sources cannot conclude why this may be. He is seen clad in Mk. III Iron Armour, with a heavily-modified breastplate, and welding both a Phobos-pattern bolter and a Golmora-pattern power sword. The Mk. III armour is recorded as being the same suit that Andras wore during the Siege of Terra, carefully repaired by artificers after each combat. The Phobos Pattern bolter is likely favoured by Andras for its penetration and stopping-power against power armour. Searching memory banks for history and background on Andras...

The Siege of Terra 

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/566px-SiegeOfTerra.jpg

Our story begins with the pound of a spear thumping the ground - a pound which quickly coalesced into a thundering rumble. There were thirty, perhaps forty, of them, each of them wrought in the finest armour, its auric shine reducing Andras’ vision into a squint. The Corpse-Emperor's Custodes. Each one thumped his spear upon the ground in some sort of ritualistic war-challenge. The front ranks of Custodians crouched behind enormous shields, preparing to receive the final, desperate charge. Above them, the walls of Holy Terra crumbled and smoked. A massive, golden statue of an angel collapsed under misplaced artillery shelling, casting rubble between the Custodes and the charging Sons of Horus. Behind the Custodians lay a hangar, battle-scarred Thunderhawks and Stormbirds lying amongst the rubble of a dead world.

This hangar, or rather its contents, contained the only means of escaping the corpse-world in a hundred kilometer radius. Determined to prevent the Warmaster’s forces from escaping, Custodes were relocated from the Imperial Palace to the dockyard hangars, in addition to entire platoons of Auxilia and several squads of Imperial Fists. And so Andras charged with the remaining Sons of Horus of Ninth Company. He didn’t charge at the gold-shrouded defenders for glory, or for the Warmaster. No, the Warmaster was dead and the Siege of Terra was lost. Instead, he charged for something far more intrinsic and primal: self-preservation.

Massed las-fire enshrouded Ninth Company, pocking and scraping Astartes battle plate, but ultimately taking few casualties. A ricocheting las bolt connected with Andras’ left eye lens, damaging his visuals. Andras grunted as his eye flared with pain at the burst of light. By now, bolt shells began to join the staccato whines of Auxilia lasguns. These were far more deadly, each bolt shredding through layers of sea-green ceramite, bursting the under-cladding of cabled musculature. Retinal imagery displayed the horrific damage a bolter shell had done to his chest plate, and Andras gasped as he pressed a gauntleted hand against the open wound. Another well placed bolt round  exploded in his leg, making him stumble and trip over the scorched rubble. Instead of running, he slowed to a stumbling limp. And when he couldn't walk upright, he collapsed, crawling over the broken bodies of his dead brothers, By now his mangled warplate was no longer the sea-green of his father’s legion, but a dull red; caked in astartes blood. All around him warriors of the sixteenth legion fell as they were cut apart by Imperial projectiles and Custodes energy weapons. Andras started to choke in his own vomit and blood, trapped in the confines of his own helmet. He wheezed and coughed, fumbling at the release seals, pulling his helmet off amidst the fires of battle. Free, he gasped in lungfuls of precious air. He was alive. He was alive.

The las bolt that whipped into his cheek knocked him into the ground, amidst the piles of dead comrades. Andras swam in and out of consciousness for what could’ve been minutes or days, until the sorcerer found him.

A hand reached down, pulling him out of the mass of bodies. “This one’s alive,” someone said. The voice was rough, clipped and feral. Andras opened his crusted, unfocused eyes, looking his saviour up and down. He was a warrior of the twelfth legion, clad in the most battle-damaged armour Andras had ever seen. Parts of the warrior’s armour were the original blue and white, while some was coated in the legion’s new, red scheme. Andras wasn’t sure whether the red coating was paint or blood, but he nodded thanks to his rescuer. To the World Eater’s left stood a captain of the Thousand Sons, who offered Andras a hand.

"I am Osiron Otwei, of the Thousand Sons, and this is Jhanmur, of the World Eaters. We have a ship, Son of Horus," the Thousand Son said. "The Eye. That's where we'll go... we'd be safer there. All will change; Legions will shatter, and we will be outcasts; hunted by our Imperium. Will you join us, Andras Torghurstin?"

Andras took the hand. "Aye," he said, "I'll join you, Otwei of the Thousand Sons."

+++

http://i.imgur.com/dqdgRgG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aohSCgQ.jpg

Full colour/spec pict-capture of Andras of the Black Legion.

UPDATE: I've added photos that are WAAYYY better, so do tell me if they make a difference smile.png Additionally, I haven't really received much feedback, and I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Is it the writing? The painting? I'd love to get some C+C, so that I know what to improve.

Wow, Andras looks awesome!! All the little details are great, and the kitbash worked out really well. Also I appreciate how much time you put into the story of Andras and the whole warband, it makes everything more interesting and hopefully will keep you inspired to work on the project! 

As always, I look forward to seeing more! 

Very legit! Both the modelling and the writeup are decent.

Is this a truescale? If so, it goes together quite beautifully. I've been contemplating using those Sanguinary Guard torsos for some of our own truescales for awhile (due ot hwo oversized they look atop regular legs), so it's good o see one in action. 

The bloodied blade and tinge to the shoulder pad look great, is the eye freehand?

Only just noticed the screaming faces on the legs too, nice touch.

Cheers Pearson! Yeah, the eye's freehand (I can take closer pics of it if you want).

Wow, Andras looks awesome!! All the little details are great, and the kitbash worked out really well. Also I appreciate how much time you put into the story of Andras and the whole warband, it makes everything more interesting and hopefully will keep you inspired to work on the project! 

As always, I look forward to seeing more! 

Thanks BlueBelly! I really appreciate the kind words! :)

Very legit! Both the modelling and the writeup are decent.

Is this a truescale? If so, it goes together quite beautifully. I've been contemplating using those Sanguinary Guard torsos for some of our own truescales for awhile (due ot hwo oversized they look atop regular legs), so it's good o see one in action. 

Cheers! The model is true scale, and the Sanguinary Guard torsos do work very well - I just attached the SG front to a terminator back.

The bloodied blade and tinge to the shoulder pad look great, is the eye freehand?

Only just noticed the screaming faces on the legs too, nice touch.

Cheers Pearson! Yeah, the eye's freehand (I can take closer pics of it if you want).

I'd appreciate it if you could, thanks.

Cheers guys! There will be a short break in posting (like, 3 days) as I have a test coming up, but I've got something in the works. Well, two things actually: something Berzerk and bloody, and something big and slashy! Turtle - yeah, Otwei will become the leader.

Thanks for stopping by! smile.png

Archived