Morticon

He also is the only one with 12" movement right? Or does Shrike have a JP too?

Also, maybe they're just making him a little weaker now, so when he accepts the Primaris upgrade he'll be great again!

would anyone mind putting the points for the other CM?

Edited by TheRealMcCagh

I think the 12" is overstated/over-emphasised given how aggressive the armies in 8th can be, and are likely to be.  

Still, it's one of the best ways to ensure that you'll probably be the one to do all the charging. ;)

Even our dreadnoughts are better in this regard.

I think the 12" is overstated/over-emphasised given how aggressive the armies in 8th can be, and are likely to be.  

Still, it's one of the best ways to ensure that you'll probably be the one to do all the charging. :wink:

Im finding this ed is less about who charges, and more about who counter charges. 

Still, it's one of the best ways to ensure that you'll probably be the one to do all the charging. :wink:

Im finding this ed is less about who charges, and more about who counter charges. 

Also a case that it's useful having the added mobility.

Edited by vahouth

So much of the Blood Angels just seems like an after thought. I surprised Dante doesn't allow for re-rolling warlord traits in 8th

I agree, considering what we've seen so far in how we're ported to 8th. I like nearly all the rules changes in the new system, but I'm not happy with how we've been rendered so far in 8th.

I will however hold off final judgment until our codex comes out.

I keep thinking back to what one of my 40k GW store friends had to say regarding factions and armies in the game. He said that Warhammer 40k is number one a game of heroic space marines versus evil chaos marines, and the other forces of chaos. He said after that you have the various xenos factions which are all bit players to the main story. He said this in reference to some Xenos players on a local board getting salty about SM and CSM being the ones getting new models and stuff. He is .... correct.

... but I've been thinking about his blunt statement more and more over the last few weeks, and I believe it can be taken a step further. If you play Space Marines, and you want to receive the best treatment, options, spotlight, etc then play Ultramarines. After that play a codex chapter. After that go for Dark Angels, then Wolves, us, or Grey Knights?

I'm not a whiner, but lately I've been realizing this is a universal truth about playing marines in 40k too, just as much as the game's main thrust is good guy space marines versus bad guy space marines and their Chaos helpers.

Edited by Helias Tancred

I wish Dante had an aura that lets units fall back and still do stuff. I mean he had hit&run in 7th, which he got nothing in return for and he is lacking a proper Chapter Master aura...would make sense. ^^

one that you didn't mention is Seth.

I've been looking at this guy and for his points, hes actually quite good.

you get 4 x S8 -1AP D3 attacks, with 6's granting more attacks

you get a chance ( 1 in 6 ) to fight again after you consolidate

but the best part is all FT units within 6 can re roll failed hit rolls. thats shooting and CC....not just on a 1, all missed hits.

Marines are defines by their re-rolls it seems. All factions offer them for hit rolls and most for wound rolls (and other niche ones like charge distances). In my few games of 8th I realized just how important that is. When going for mass Plasmas, a Captain at the very least is mandatory. However, I really wouldn't underestimate BA melee buffs. SP, Sanguinor, hit and wound re-rolls in melee will turn a mere Tac Squad into something nasty. And don't get me started on TDA and SG :D

Great write-up Mort.

What I find strange is how much they've trumpeted "the end of the Death Star era..."

....yet all I can do is sit here and think "how many units can get into overlapping 6" fields and how many auras can I pack into one army?"

I said the same thing several weeks ago in a different thread.

Great write-up Mort.

What I find strange is how much they've trumpeted "the end of the Death Star era..."

....yet all I can do is sit here and think "how many units can get into overlapping 6" fields and how many auras can I pack into one army?"

I said the same thing several weeks ago in a different thread.

But the difference here is that characters can, to an extent, be killed separate from the unit they are with.

Lemartez most certainly offers a 6" bubble of re-rolls to charge and to hit, the latter being in any fight phase not only on the charge or first round as Zealot has been in the past. He also offers a 6" Ld bubble. With him in the centre of a 12" circle buffing DC so effectively he's a no-brainer choice.

Off with the inferno pistol and back on with your bolt pistol, old metal Lemartez. DCCs were just a fad I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

There's also Malakim Phoros for the Lamenters, with his aura, Lord of Ruin: reroll failed wound rolls for all Lamenters Infantry, Dreadnoughts and Bikers within 6". He's also a bit of a beat-stick, keeping his 12" range inferno pistol, a sword that's basically the mix of a relic blade and chainfist, and his other special rule, Rage unto Death, which lets him charge after falling back.

Basically, a slower Dante with 1 less attack, and I guess more of an anti-Monster sword instead of anti-Character axe, for just a little cheaper.

Hey, it's not their fault that Huron betrayed them (and their argument was initially right, at least), which then got them sent on a crusade to be eaten by Tyranids! Hard to respond to calls for reinforcement from inside a Carnifex's stomach. :p

See Cawl, this is why we don't tinker with gene-seed!

Edited by Lord_Caerolion

Hey, it's not their fault that Huron betrayed them (and their argument was initially right, at least), which then got them sent on a crusade to be eaten by Tyranids! Hard to respond to calls for reinforcement from inside a Carnifex's stomach. :tongue.:

I think some of them survived the disaster...

I mean I hope they did because their colors and chapter insignia are cool :rolleyes:

Hey, it's not their fault that Huron betrayed them (and their argument was initially right, at least), which then got them sent on a crusade to be eaten by Tyranids! Hard to respond to calls for reinforcement from inside a Carnifex's stomach. :tongue.:

I think some of them survived the disaster...

I mean I hope they did because their colors and chapter insignia are cool :rolleyes:

Well, there was that Strike Cruiser of theirs that got lost in the Warp before the Badab War ended...

My own Lamenters are based around the survivors of that ship being found, and manipulated by the Mechanicus and Inquisition into hunting down Huron.