+ 2020-11-03+ Artwork

These are sharp, man. Very well executed. Since the Corvus released I’ve been a fan of gunship but felt it had more potential as an attack craft. You’ve totally captured that belief here.

Any luck in getting a better angle on the underside? I’m curious to see how you removed the bays and built the area back up.

• 4 weeks later...

When you get a chance, I would love to see a couple of shots of the Stormhawk undersides.

A year ago or so, I used the Darkstar to make a counts as Raptor, but left the transport bay as I hadn't figured out how to remove it. I really like my conversion, but your Stormhawks have me looking again.

Also, your Repulsor is just outstanding.

Cheers,

Wow, that's really intriguing.

So it looks like you:

1. Cut the transport pods out/off

2. Then constructed fuselage sides that reach the bottom of the wing.

3. Then used sheet plastic to bulk out the bottom of the wing.

4. Then puttied the gaps.

Is that what I'm seeing?

It's difficult for me to described the details of the process as I'm not a native English speaker (even thou I'm married to one), but to summarise the methods and what i learned:

What doesn't show is that I used foamboard and sprue bits to build/bulk up a flat surface underneath where the pods used to be to create a even area to work on that plasticard could be attached too. I attached the sides of the fuselage after I had done all of the flat areas and then attached tilted pieces It really helps if one follows the existing lines of the miniature when cutting as it helps to keep the original look.

It's easy to fill up any gaps between the model and the plasticard using greenstuff and wood spackel, my work is a bit rough but I could get the worst parts fixed so they look passable. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...