Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+ 2020-11-03+ Artwork

Black Templars Primaris Dreadnoughts

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,819 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The "Primaris Centurion" model looks well-designed. Is it an actual Games Workshop product, did you kitbash it from such a model, or did you order it from a third party?
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

The "Primaris Centurion" model looks well-designed. Is it an actual Games Workshop product, did you kitbash it from such a model, or did you order it from a third party?

It's a conversion on the regular Centurion kit. The torso has been cut down and the legs has been build around a set of Intercessor legs to give it better proportions and height.

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,819 posts
Thank you for the information.
  • Freakshow668 likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 472 posts
I can't get your pictures to load 😥 I would love to see a Primaris Centurion

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts
I have pictures of it up onnmy Instagram also, Lazarus_crusader

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,521 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Whoa! What a mind-blowing idea :) As much as I dislike the centurions' idea in general, this one looks awesome!

Do please show us how he looks from the back as well thumbsup.gif

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifsml_gallery_48988_11572_5890.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
You gave a stupid, cartoonish looking model some dignity. Well done 😉.
Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,912 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

My god, that's an amazing conversion. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 922 posts
I have to add my voice to the choir, this is one of the select few centurions I’ve ever seen that manages to look good! Well done!

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

Excellent conversion. I wish Terminator models were as beefy as your Centurion.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts
I'm quite happy how it turnes out considering how much cutting was nedded. I will try to get aome more pictures and a tutorial up during the weekend.
  • Spinsanity likes this

TechType

TechType

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

Oh wow, I've been playing about with some centurion conversion ideas lately, and that simply looks amazing St. Lazarus. Well done indeed, I'd be quite interested in seeing some more pictures and that tutorial!

My log - Dark Angels and Death Guard, for now at least: http://www.bolterand...rocrastination/

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

2d6buhbp32l31.jpg

Some more picturs showing of the back and then second Centurion that I finished. Some parts are still a bit rough but when all 6 are done I will go over them again to clean them up.

• Lexington, Triszin, STC Logisengine and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,819 posts
It seems criminal of Games Workshop to push substandard products onto us, especially considering your work demonstrates it doesn't take excessive effort to give Centurions aesthetically pleasing heroic proportions, instead of making the models look like "fat babies" to be mocked on 4chan.

TechType

TechType

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

Very interesting indeed to see those pics St. Lazarus, and well done again. The slimmed down chest looks great as well, and for some reason the shoulderpads remind me of the old, old terminators (Saturnine pattern?).

My log - Dark Angels and Death Guard, for now at least: http://www.bolterand...rocrastination/

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
Really floored by the work on that Centurion. Great job.

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

gallery_98789_13239_142659.jpg

gallery_98789_13239_167014.jpg

I made this picture tutorial for my primaris ZABDI pattern Centurions. 

Edited by ST.Lazarus, 19 September 2019 - 04:59 AM.

• Trokair, Bjorn Firewalker, Gederas and 5 others like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,495 posts

Ooh.

I do appreciate how the restructure top almost invokes proto terminator roundness with the pads.

A rough diamond I cannot wait to see polished.

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,650 posts

outstanding work!! 

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

The centurion squad is now ready for some fine work and then painting. If you haven't tried them with the new book they are a must take now in my opinion.

4xx97qrfnsm31.jpg

• Canardwc, Shovellovin, Majkhel and 1 other like this

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

5ivguxuy0hn31.jpg

Got some paint on a centurion and I'm happy with the result, tried out a new technique for the metal that I think worked out well. 

• Trokair, Gederas, varchilde and 8 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,819 posts
Excellent work on the Centurion.

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,521 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

HEAVY METAL!

:D

Great job on that bare metal plates, especially the thigh section. So, how'd you do that?

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifsml_gallery_48988_11572_5890.pngsml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_5489.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,045 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Now that´s superior "sculpt" of Centurion warsuits.

Mind i ask your ideas of different weapon options?

Since they and even HB come with lot of cables. Quitar string seems quite popular.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

Excellent work! And thank you for posting a tutorial. As others have already written, you've done a great job with that model.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Templars, Primaris, Dreadnoughts

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users