Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+ 2020-11-03+ Artwork

Black Templars Primaris Dreadnoughts

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Primaris Centurions.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

brother tycho

brother tycho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts

yep, I.. want some, perhaps we should keep this template construct within the chapter

gallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.png

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,398 posts

Love the conversions and painting great job so far!

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ A great project!
I'm interested in what you'll do next.

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 20 October 2019 - 09:49 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

TechType

TechType

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

Haven't been online in a bit, so this is delayed, but thanks for the tutorial on the Centurions. I'll have to try it out sometime.

The completed Centurion squad looks bril painted, and the knight commander is excellent - I agree completely with your take on the titles and organisation in 30k vs. 40k. The Emperors Children army must have been spectacular to beat you in Best of Show.

Like Ranulf, I look forward to seeing what comes next from you!

My log - Dark Angels and Death Guard, for now at least: http://www.bolterand...rocrastination/

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

Excellent work on the Primaris Centurions.

Thanks mate appreciate it.

Love the conversions and painting great job so far!

Thank you, keep an eye out for when the rest of the pictures of the finished army come in.

Thanks mate. I'm actually looking to add 4 Impulsors to this list. After that I don't know, might see what the psychic awakening brings, I'm been playing around with some ideas for Night Lords, Imperial guard and Tyranids but none has captured me in the same way as the Templars.

Haven't been online in a bit, so this is delayed, but thanks for the tutorial on the Centurions. I'll have to try it out sometime.

The completed Centurion squad looks bril painted, and the knight commander is excellent - I agree completely with your take on the titles and organisation in 30k vs. 40k. The Emperors Children army must have been spectacular to beat you in Best of Show.

Like Ranulf, I look forward to seeing what comes next from you!

Make sure to post our results, I would love to see some other takes on my ZABDI pattern centurions. 

Indeed that army was spectacular and played by a really nice bloke, I faced off against it in the 4th game so you can see part of it in the picture below.

un7t1mr3m9s31.jpg

• Kolgrim DeathHowl and Majkhel like this

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,215 posts
I think I speak for everyone when I say that this thread requires full army pictures πŸ˜€.
  • ranulf the revenant likes this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Thanks mate. I'm actually looking to add 4 Impulsors to this list. After that I don't know, might see what the psychic awakening brings, I'm been playing around with some ideas for Night Lords, Imperial guard and Tyranids but none has captured me in the same way as the Templars.

Hmmm... Well you could maybe do something like a black clad zealous type of guard who idolise your Templars and try to help them out. Kind of like this 'children crusade' thing... Just an idea ☺️.

Edit: I did some Wikipedia research πŸ˜ƒ"peregrinatio puerorum" is the term, it happened in 1212.

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 21 October 2019 - 09:11 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

I think I speak for everyone when I say that this thread requires full army pictures πŸ˜€.

They are coming, I'm waiting for the pictures that was taken by a professional of the army during the Best in show display.

Hmmm... Well you could maybe do something like a black clad zealous type of guard who idolise your Templars and try to help them out. Kind of like this 'children crusade' thing... Just an idea ☺️.

Edit: I did some Wikipedia research πŸ˜ƒ"peregrinatio puerorum" is the term, it happened in 1212.

If I was doing guard I would either do, Vostroyan, Stormtroopers or old school Cadians using the victoria miniatures line. Someone called me out and told me that I should finish my eldrich horror/bloodborne genstealer cult project so that one might be a contender for the next army.

• Elzender and ranulf the revenant like this

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

uvv2u6b9sxu31.jpg

A little bit of a WIP as I'm waiting fore some bits before I start painting.

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,398 posts

Looking forward to seeing how they turn out!

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

nusphigor

nusphigor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
  • Faction: Various

A quite inspiring force brother!

I might replicate your idea for my primaris force, if you don't mind

• ST.Lazarus likes this

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

I want to shar with you this artwork commissioned from @Orniris to commemorate this project. 

1h5o6sk7i1x51.jpg?width=877&format=pjpg&

• StratoKhan, AubΓ©ron, Grotsmasha and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,821 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work. Please pass my compliments onto Orniris.
  • ST.Lazarus likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,725 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes

An absolutely gorgeous art piece. The text coinciding with it has a few little issues, but nothing that ruins the piece in totality. 

"Dawn Cometh!"

Dawn Cometh β€“ A Word Bearers Log | Noctus Cornix β€“ My Instagram

To the Bitter End – The Badab War | NCornix β€“ My Twitter               

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

An absolutely gorgeous art piece. The text coinciding with it has a few little issues, but nothing that ruins the piece in totality. 

Yeah I wasn't that happy with how the text turned out as I was pressed for time and as a not a native English speaker  I couldn't get anyone to proofread it. I will redo it in the future at some point as I have the psd file. 

Edited by ST.Lazarus, 05 November 2020 - 02:31 AM.

• StratoKhan and Noctus Cornix like this

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,725 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes

That's great to hear, at least. If I may offer, I certainly wouldn't mind proofreading this or anything else for ya, brother. 

I adore your Black Templars and Imperial Fists. Totally can't say my Astral Claws weren't inspired by your gorgeous work.

• ST.Lazarus likes this

"Dawn Cometh!"

Dawn Cometh β€“ A Word Bearers Log | Noctus Cornix β€“ My Instagram

To the Bitter End – The Badab War | NCornix β€“ My Twitter               

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts

That's great to hear, at least. If I may offer, I certainly wouldn't mind proofreading this or anything else for ya, brother. 

I adore your Black Templars and Imperial Fists. Totally can't say my Astral Claws weren't inspired by your gorgeous work.

Happy to hear that, and I will take you up on that offer! brother I'm humbled as I'm a huge fan of your Astral Claws and the stories you have written to accompany them.

• Vesalius likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Templars, Primaris, Dreadnoughts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users