Looking good! You've seriously have me wanting to start a green army with those bigg'un marines. Something about that olive drab like color looks great. On the other hand I am happy to hear the Call of Chaos is buzzing. That's always a good thing.

I'll be honest and say cutting down on excess hobby stuff isn't terrible. It's just so dang hard with all the cool stuff floating around. Growing up people worry about alchohol , hard drugs, and stuff like gambling being a dreadful vice when it is really plastic & resin crack. That's the stuff having me lick my lips and scratching my neck.

I swear if they sold FW stuff out of the GW stores you'd see me in a gutter looking raggedly with my coat pockets full of resin upgrades.

Hah.... i've been building scale models since I was 7 .Which, I hate to say was 42 years ago. I almost quit, then I discovered Warhammer in college and its been downhill ever since. Even got into competing with scale models, which can be some insane stuff, though you can learn a LOT of history that way.  

I hear ya on the Primaris. They have been a pleasure to paint and with my addiction to anything that shoots plasma, I'm loving some of those minis, but I'm really trying not to.  The new Death Guard are bad enough. I want them all.... times two. And I don't even play Sigmar, but damn.... some of those kits. I still prefer the options for poses and easy conversion the older plastic marines give though. Forgeworld is pure evil and aftermarket bits are why I have credit card debt. Luckily for me I'm not very good at making money or I'd have twice as many models and such. :)

One like in and I'm out, like bolter needs reloading...

That Chaplain looks great. What a lovely army you've done. I hope my nephews don't see this. :whistling:

The Raptors are coming along nicely. Those camo ones are really different. I'm liking the glow on the jump packs too.

One of my favorite things were scale models/dioramas for castles or battlefields when I was kid. Seeing those in museums always blew my mind. Vehicles are also equally amazing. People that go all out on scale models just rock my world with their patience and fabrication. All those references they turn to when putting together a car, tank, or plane and the extra work they put into details is mesmerizing and the results are always worth it. So kudos to you for that.

Hushrong: I wish I had pictures of the models I used to do, it was some pretty awesome stuff.  While I wasn't one of those detail maniacs(at least not like engine wiring and how many lug nuts on a road wheel), I would win some kind of plaque with about every model because of the clean builds and the decals/paint jobs. Even in 1/48 scale prop planes, which is an evil,evil category to compete in, I usually did good. But I learned SO much from other modellers about building and painting, not to mention the history you absorb.  It has however, made me a bit of a nit picker with models. I used to judge at competitions too, so things like bad seam lines and mold lines drive me nuts. I'm constantly amazed when I look through the pages of teh GW source material how many (minor) mistakes I spot.  England has some seriously wonderful model builders too, I know its probably not a priority to them, but still... for an international publication. C'mon man!

Anyways, I've back slid a bit with the shoulder. Things have really tightened up around the tendons so having both hands on a table in front of me aggrivates it. I can type on my lap, but it makes hobby stuff difficult so I've taken a couple weeks off. It may kill my chances of finishing the ETL on time, but I can work on the computer a bit and read my NEW forgeworld books for more conversion inspirations! Going to try painting again on Monday or Wednesday, depending on how the weekend goes.

That is a pretty sweet background in the hobby you have. I can also just imagine what cool hobbying tricks you've learned and I am sure the history gained was phenomenal. Unlike the history channel now with pawn stores and aliens (although I find the alien stuff actually interesting. most of it).

Hope the healing goes in a positive direction. We need you back in action!

Thanks to the shoulder surgery, I'm not really expecting to make the ETL IV deadline. It could happen, but the chance is very slim and I won't push the healing process. Still, it could happen.  But in the meantime, there is a good deal of progress on the Land Speeder Storms.  I've got the base color and interiors pretty much done, save for cockpit instruments and some other piddly details. Still have to do the pilots and the decals.

LSStorm02.jpg

Part of me still wants to camoflage these speeders, but so far I'm OK with the Olive.

Edited by rednekkboss

That one time you don't to listen to Salt-N-Pepa to push it real good is when you're healing.

Aside from that the Speeders are looking great. I have to say it again that you have an awesome color green for your Raptors.

I think the olive looks great but what camo pattern would you go with if you did paint it?

That one time you don't to listen to Salt-N-Pepa to push it real good is when you're healing.

Aside from that the Speeders are looking great. I have to say it again that you have an awesome color green for your Raptors.

I think the olive looks great but what camo pattern would you go with if you did paint it?

It'd likely be like this camo I'm doing on one of my tactical squads. 

raptcamo1.jpg

I personally prefer the speeders as is! Looks very military and perfect for the raptors. Lovely olive green.

I'm thinking I'll probably camoflage one of the two, because I like the drab scheme too.

Thanks, guys!  I'd love to play on a table that blended in with. It would look cool with the whole army. For that matter, I'd just love to actually play a game. :wacko.:   Speeders are almost done. Since I know I'm not going to make the ETL deadline, I've been going a little nuts with weathering powders and such. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys!  I just finished the plasma and jump pack guys tonight, I'll post some pics tomorrow. 13 more to go!  I could actually finish on time.  I've enjoyed painting these primaris marines.... which is a bad, bad thing.