I dig the color choice, it's different then most ones you usually see which is cool!!

Yeah, I wanted to get away from everything in Red. I figured being lucky in Orky air combat is at least as important as going a little faster, if not more so.  Plus they have the ID stripes so their own guys won't shoot at them.... assuming they remember that the stripes mean DON'T shoot not "Oi! Dems da one's we shoot at!!"  I'll be "dirtying  up" that blue with some lighter blues to make it look more patchwork and faded. Same with the white, then comes wear,tear and rust.  I just have to fight the urge to built like 6 more. Love these planes.

That's a really cool job so far on the jet! I love the stripes, very striking and a little oldschool-Ork.

As a side note, I kinda wanna grab two of that kit and mate the fuselages vertically to make an "Orkish Elektrik Zapp" now, and I don't even play Orks. My unhealthy fixation on early Cold War jets might have something to do with that...

• 4 weeks later...

Lots done on both Ork planes, but the burna bomba is the focal plane at present.  Both planes got their metal areas dealt with. Tinny Tin , then a drybrush or stipple of Boltgun Metal for the base. Then on to the Game Color Dry Rust and Rust (orange) combo

Before rust...

BBprerust01.jpg

After...

BBrustlvl101.jpg

And the engines.....

Before....

BBprerust02.jpg

After....

BBrustlvl102.jpg

That's Level 1 for the corrosion/weathering... it'll get worse... much, much worse. 

Also figured the lads needed some checks, so sharp mechanical pencil in fairly steady hand....

checks01.jpg

beautyBB001.jpg

Coming along nicely.... now to beat the ever loving :censored: out of it.  :yes: 

• 2 weeks later...

Progress. Its almost done, underwing stores and a few details to do. A little messed up with my flat coat to seal everything. It came out a bit too semi-gloss (though it deepened the blues...which I likes) so I hit it with another flat coat, then realized I now have to go back in and detail some of the metal areas and such.....  but, here she is.

Before and after the last flat coat....

BBflatnoflat01.jpg

BBflatnoflat02.jpg

Here's a couple more shots before the flat coat to give you an idea what she looks like....

BBsides01.jpg

BBrear01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, girls and boys....she's done!!!  Less words.... more pictures......

BurnBomb01.jpg

BurnBomb02.jpg

BurnBomb03.jpg

BurnBomb05.jpg

BurnBomb06.jpg

BurnBomb04.jpg

Nurgly stuff on my other thread is up next as I attempt to finish an army without being sidetracked..... yeah, right.... that'll happen.