Today I Purged...

Beams

Haven't seen anyone posting up much in the way of their heretic purges of late. Guess everyone is busy fighting nurgle forces.

Speaking of nurgle, had a 2kpt 9th ed game yesterday against a mates nurgle.

It was a crazy close game that came down the the last turn and just a few critical rolls not going the sisters way that lead to a very narrow defeat for my sisters of only 3pts.

Purged...

Typhus

1x10 plague marines

2x15 plague bearers

1x10? Pox walkers

1x hellbrute

2x great unclean one

1x4 beasts of nurgle

Martyred...

1x Repressor

1x immolator

2x exorcist

1x7 Seraphim

1x priest

2x6 bss

1x10 bss

4 bolter sisters

6 celestians

• 1 month later...

Purged...

1x tank commander

1x wyvern

1x Leman Russ

3x chimera

1x priest

1x techpriest

1x primaris psyker

3x10 infantry squads

3 bullgryn

Martyred...

2x exorcist

3x immolators

1x repressor

1x9 repentia

1x mistress of repentance

1x preacher

1x Hospitaller

1x6 Celestians

2x5 bss

2 dominions

Was a close game; 87-76 in favour of the guard. Turn 4 and 5 cost me the game as a single guardsman controlled an objective, despite my cannoness charging him and completely whiffing her attacks- had lost his squad but cp morale ignore to hold it and a wyvern on another objective doing to 1 hp, contesting another objective. Then turn 5 I didn't consider positioning of my Hospitaller and practically handed her and her points over on a silver platter (was distracted here as was rushing turn so I could get home).

I had changed my list beforehand, taking out an unpainted exorcist in fabo i r of footslogging repentia that were painted just for the satisfaction of having a fully painted army there. Had I know the matchup, if have kept the 3rd exorcist as I missed it dearly here. That 3rd one would have made such a huge difference as all the repentia did was get into combat with bullgryn on turn 3 and just kill 3 of them. Exorcist would have pulled a lot more weight.

Funnily enough, our lists were almost mirror images. Very similar play which was a weird coincidence. Fun game though.

• 4 weeks later...

Purged...

1x Lucius the Eternal

1x chaos Lord

1x shilaxis

1x keeper of secrets

1x herald of slaanesh

1x exalted chariot of slaanesh

2x fiends of slaanesh.

2x 10 slaanesh marines (not sure if noise)

2x 10 daemonettes of slaanesh

1x daemon engine?

1x hellbrute

Martyred...

1x Cannoness

1x 6 repentia

1x mistress of repentance*

1x priest*

2x 5 bss

1x immolator*

1x exorcist

2 bolter girls

*martyred at the hands of sisters overwhelmed by chaos powers.

Had a narrative game against slaanesh.

Slaanesh psykers was performing a ritual that would corrupt the world. From turn 3 onwards the ritual would begin to take effect and we'd roll for each of my units on the table. On a 6+ that unit became my opponents for rest of game unless they got some sense slapped back into them.

The girls had to fight their way across the battlefield and get to the ritual site and stop it.

It took the whole game as we had the short sides as deployment zones, but the girls managed to stop the ritual and wipe the chaos forces off the field at the last moment (turn 5).

As a result of the ritual, 3 of my units fell under the sway of chaos.

The first was a bss units that blew up a nearby immolator which allowed the marines to shoot down the squad that had been inside. They then shot down the mistress in the following turn.

The other 2 units was an immolator that opened up on a priest and a Celestian squad that finished him off. A Cannoness managed to slap some sense into the Celestians and Immolator, and the first bss squad was freed when the ritual was stopped- to be confronted by the horror of what they had done.

Needless to say, there is some repenting going on.

Edited by Atrus

Slapping some sense just involved a unit being in engagement range with the controlled unit. During either players command phase, the unit came back under control of the owner.

I did make up some advanced rules to modify the rolls and have defence and whatnot but my opponent didn't have enough psykers to really make use of it and seeing as sisters could all make use of the psychic defence rules I made up, I didn't want to chance countering the ritual effect for a unit and spoil the whole point of the scenario.

Wordy version of the scenario:

Setting up:

Set up a “Ritual Circle” anywhere in the ritual performing players deployment zone. The “Ritual Circle” is the size of a 54mm base and can only be on the ground floor if placed inside a ruins.

The rules:

In order the enact the ritual, the ritual player must have at least 1 psyker unit inside the ritual circle and perform a psychic action during their psychic phase in there for 2 consecutive turns. Psykers performing a ritual can do nothing else during the ritual players turn if they perform a psychic action here.

On the third consecutive turn and each subsequent turn, the ritual takes effect. During the psychic phase, roll a d6 for each enemy unit on the table. On each roll of 6+, that unit comes under control of the ritual player and is treated as part of the ritual players army until the ritual player has no psyker in the ritual circle performing phychic actions, or the owning player brings the unit to its senses.

Character units benefit from a -1 to this roll to represent their exceptional will.

If there is more than 1 psyker in the ritual circle performing psychic actions, this roll gains a +1 bonus.

Eg: The ritual player has 2 psyker units total performing the ritual. When the ritual takes effect, the roll will gain a +1 bonus. When it comes to rolling for a character in this example, the total roll would be d6+1-1.

Phychic Defence:

If the non-ritual player has any psykers or units capable of denying psychic powers, they may try to protect a nearby unit from the effects of the ritual. To do this, after rolling for the effect of the psychic ritual on a unit; if the unit is within 24” of the psyker, roll a d6. If the roll is equal or greater than the result of the ritual roll, the effects of the ritual are ignored for that unit.

If a psyker is capable of denying multiple times, it may choose to roll for a nearby units equal to the number of times it can deny psychic powers. Alternitavely, it may choose to use multiple uses of its deny to protect a unit with a +1 bonus to the roll per deny use.

Eg. A psykers datasheet indicates that it is capable of denying 2 psychic powers per turn. It can try to protect 2 units from the ritual, or it may want to protect a particularly important unit and expend all 2 deny attempts to protect a unit and get +1 bonus to the roll.

Attempts to deny the effects of the ritual do count towards deny attempts against psychic powers. So a denying unit that expends all its deny attempts trying to counter the effects of the ritual cannot attempt to deny a psychic power later in the enemies psychic phase.

Units that are immune to or cannot be targeted by psychic powers are unaffected by the ritual.

“Come to your senses”: the non-ritual player may regain control of a unit affected by the ritual. To do so, they must have a unit they control get into engagement range of the affected unit (get into combat), during either players command phase, the non-ritual player regains control of the affected unit.

If control is regained during the ritual players command phase, the unit that was affected cannot be affected by the ritual that turn.

The fearsome sisters of the order of the blind fury met a disgusting warband of the purge in their crusade to rid the world of all heretics.

In game 1 I purged:

a chaos sorcerer

5 terminators

10 chaos space marines

10 cultists

In this game several sisters were martyred:

battle sister squad "Helena" consisting of 15 battle sisters

Repentia squad "the redeemers" consisting of 9 sisters of repentia

3 out of 5 sisters out of dominion squad "Dominica"

In game 2 I faced complete wipeout before turn two, but due to some atrocious dice rolling of my opponent the game completely turned around and I purged:

5 terminators

10 chaos space marines

an obliterator

a dark apostle

With sheer luck of dice rolling no sister squads were completely martyred, but some individuals were martyred

13/15 sisters out of battle sister squad "Ophelia"

2/3 penitent engines out of "the eternal hardship"

I haven’t posted here before.

But today I purged

1 Y'Vahra Battlesuit

1 Riptide

1 Ghostkeel

60 kroot

21 various drones

Shadowsun

Battlesuit commander

The victory saw many Sister of the Order of the Midnight Sun martyred.

1 seraphim squad

2 immolators

1 exorcist

3 penitent engines

2 geminae superia

None of the battle squads were completely destroyed but 7 battle sisters were martyred.

Edited by WarSmith Fortrix

Purged...

1x Yabbadabbadon

1x chaos Lord

1x belakor

1x5 possessed marines

1x venom crawler

1x chaos vindicator

1x hellbrute

1x5 havoc

1x10 chaos marines

1x chaos knight

1x10 cultists

9 cultists

Martyred...

1x Cannoness

1x missionary

1x5 bss

1x5 repentia

1x6 repentia

1x mistress of repentance

1x6 Arco flaggelants

1x krazypantsoff

1x2 penitent engines

1x Repressor

1x exorcist

1x knight errant

4 Arco flagellants

Twas a brutal and good very close game. Opponent only had 1 cultist left on the table by end turn 5, but black legion took the victory by 5VP. What cost it for me was in turn 4 that I moved inquisitor crazypants within 6" of the venom crawler, not expecting my opponent to use a strat to explode it when it died to shooting and took off his last 2 wounds. The explosion took out my mistress, last Arco of a group and krazypants, which netted him 6vp for assassinate and cost me 5vp for while we stand we fight.

I played my first game with Sisters today! I won! Against my long time venerable rival who beats me 90% of the time, no less.

I purged:

1 Necron Lord

1 Canoptek Reanimator

1 Heavy Lhokust Destroyer

2x 20 Necron Warriors

I martyred:

5 Battle Sisters

3 Arco Flagellants

4 Death Cult Assasins

5 Dominions

5 Seraphim

8 Retributors

1 Immolator

Last night I had a game against the very suspicious Dark Angels, most likely they are heretics, and I purged:

3 units of raven wing bikes (including an elite unit with hammers and plasma)

A talon master

2 assault cannon razorbacks

A bunch of tactical marines

And an Astraeus super heavy tank (finished using a squad of 4 sisters repentia, very satisfying!)

I martyred an immolator, a rhino, 8 battle sisters, 13 sisters repentia, 10 arco flagellents, and a mortifier. Sounds like a fair trade off to me.

It was a fun game where he wanted to try out the Astraeus for the first time, and I wanted to be the first to kill it! I got first turn which made a big difference in that it allowed me to take about half it’s wounds off, and then it whiffed badly for its shooting. I guess that’s what can happen when you bring 700 ish points of your army in one model!

Last night I played two crusade battles vs some hellforgedbtitanic heretical knight.

In battle one I managed to purge the heretics in its entirety.

1 knight desecrator en two wardogs fell victim to the ferocity of the order of the blind fury.

In the proces 15 battle sisters and two penitent engines were martyred.

In the next battle The emperor was clearly with me as I managed to roll many, many sixes and purged a knight desecrator while martyring my canoness, 7 battle sisters and 3 dominions.

These battles showed that knight are in the rough in crusade, especially vs sisters. Melta and repentia make short work of any vehicle including knights.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, in name of the holy emperor, I purged some filthy xenos.

My dice rolls were so disgustingly good, this can only be true faith.

Purged:

40 nexron warriors, 3 necron destroyers, a necron overlord and a scorpek destroyer lord

Martyred

Sister celesta, my canoness

3 sisters repentia

12 battle sisters

A penitent engine

So far the crusade of the sisters of the blind fury has been very succesfull.

• 4 weeks later...

4500pt game vs Chaos Marine soup and chaos knight. Narrative game. An imperial world besieged by chaos- not all was what it seemed. The worlds imperial defenders had been nefariously controlled by dread3d mindshackle scarabs.

The small necron force saw to it that the imperial lives were spent wantonly in the fight to repel the fell servants of chaos.

Purged...

Abbadon

Lucius the eternal

3x hellbrutes

1x vindicators

1x chaos knight

1x 20 rubric marines

1x 20 noise marines

1x maulerfiend

1x 5 warp talons

1x 10 khorne berzerkers

1x 20 plaguebearers

1x 10 black legion marines

3x possessed

8x deathguard plague marines

25x cultists

1x venom crawler

1x 10 tzaangors

Martyred...

2x Cannoness

2x 10 bss

1x 5 has

1x 7 Seraphim

1x 9 repentia

2x priest

1x 6 dominion

1x 7 Celestian

3x immolator

1x Repressor

1x 2 penitent engine

Celestine

1x 2 Celestine buddies

1x stern and Kyganil

1x 5 arcos

1x 6 arcos

1x knight

3x inquisitors

1x avenger strike fighter

Phased out and repairing...

1x reanimator

1x destroyer

1x 3 ophydian destroyers

2x warriors

In the end, the forces of chaos were defeated, unable to match the necron ancient tactical prowess and ruthless control of the imperial forces. Chaos was defeated, but the sparse remaining imperial forces remain enslaved to the necron and the Necrons plans to spread the mindshackle scarabs to the rest of the populace unhindered.

Edited by Atrus

• 1 month later...

I played a TTS game last night against my friends ravenwing. Obviously the Dark Angels are heretics, and so;

Purged

-5 black knights

-2 land speeder typhoons

-1 dark shroud

-2 nephelim fighters

-1 land speeder vengeance

-1 grand master azrael

-1 master sammael

Martyrd

-10 battle sisters

-5 retributors

-6 celestians

-3 seraphim

-9 repentia

-1 rhino

-1 preacher

• 2 months later...

Saturday I was in a 12 player RTT and placed 3rd with 251 points, and purged --

Well I can't remember everything I purged BUT

Sisters 93 Space Wolves 59

Sisters 84 Adeptus Custodes 83

Sisters 74 Dark Angels 89

Glory to the Emperor, the slain Faithful are blessed.

• 2 weeks later...

I will never forget the time my Eldar Artillery, scattered backwards over my Farseer and her Warlocks and killed the lot of them. Runes didn't see that one coming!

Teehee...poncey elves and their mind tricks.  Reminds me of when the Lady Inquisitrix Harrington cut Eldrad's leadership to 7.  Sure, three powers a turn.  If he can get them off.

• 2 months later...

Gasp... where has this thread gone?!

I got to play my Sisters vs a Drukhari army today!

Purged:

2 Raiders

20 Kabalites

10 Witches

1 Archon

1 Lelith

Martyred:

9 Battle Sisters (though 1 cowardly ran away... we'll deal with her later...)

It skewed pretty hard turn 1 due to the Drukhari player losing a Raider... and 5 of the 10 kabalites on board.  Pretty sure my opponent mentally checked out after that, it was a fairly small game.

Blessed Bolts and Defenders of the Faith was pretty strong, too!

I did get a chuckle out of Blessed Bolts vs. an Archon.  I imagined the guy saw the Battle Sisters lining up their storm bolters on him and just deuced out to Commoragh without a second thought.  Didn't have to try to plink off that 2++.

I had a game last week vs DG, my 1st and only game so far using the new codex. 

Purged:

Mortarion

Bloat Drone

Rhino

Tallyman

10 Plague Marines

5 Blightlords

The smelly hose guy

Several Poxwalkers

Martyred:

8x Repentia

3x MM Retributors

5x Battle Sisters

We had already played another game earlier in the day, and were short of time for this one, so we both threw caution to the wind and he charged most of his stuff forward. Unfortunately for him, I had the melta boosting order minoris trait and the re-roll per unit, which just absolutely blitzed his list. It took most of my army 1st turn but Morty went down, and then the 2nd turn I mopped up the other units. He still has a few minor characters, a damaged PBC and some pox walkers and plague marines, but it was pretty clear by the end of turn 2 the game was up. 

I look forward to further purging the heretics

Had a fun game against the Emperor's Children this weekend.  A bit of a blood bath, but ultimately the Sororitas emerged victorious.  CSM definitely showed its age, unfortunately.

Purged:

Chaos Lord

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh

Chaos Sorcerer

30x Noise Marines

3x Obliterators

5x Havocs

5x Raptors

Martyred:

Palatine

Exorcist

Rhino

1x Paragon Warsuit

5x Sacrosants

5x Dominions

15x Battle Sisters

Again, the 20 strong BSS with Storm Bolters did the Emperor's work, being strong against his shooting and pointing mortals towards critical targets (they only lost 5 across the game).  It was kind of shocking to watch them go through a 10 strong Noise Marine squad in cover on the first turn, that really shifted the game as he spent the rest of the game trying to chase that side of the map.  I had Defend the Shrine on a mid-field objective of that side, so the 20 girl squad created an imbalance that just rewarded me with Victory Points unless he pulled other units over to support.  That squad also removed 2.5 Obliterators in cover as well.  Really liking them so far, I never feel bad about using the CP to fuel that unit.

In my first game with the new Codex I purged as Sacred Rose:

3x squads of Dire Avengers (15 ea)

2x squads of Dark Reapers (5 ea)

2x squads of Striking Scorpions (5 ea)

3x Squads of Warp Spiders (10 ea)

1x Squad of Swooping Hawks (5)

1x Squad of Fire Dragons (10)

Martyred were:

1 Squad of Dominions (6)

1 Squad of Zephyrim (6)

1 Squad of Seraphim (5)

1 Squad of Crusaders (3)

and 4 Battle Sisters

(Celestine was killed but resurrected)

My heavy lifters for the game:

-A Retributor squad with 4 heavy bolters

-A Squad of 20 Battle Sisters backed up by a Dogmata with Indomitable Belief and the Hymn Litany of Enduring Faith. Kept a 4+ Invulnerable save on that 20 squad 4 out of 5 turns.

-My 3 Penitent Engines in Reserve who popped out on my home edge within 5 to 7 inches of 2 Spider squads and one Scorpion squad the turn after they came out of the webway into my deployment zone :cool.:

But the one most glorious moment was when my Dialogus, with Refrain of Blazing Piety, got me a Miracle Die in my Command Phase by finishing off a Scorpion squad. :yes:

First two Crusade games:

Purged:

Deathwatch jump captain

x5 Vanguard Vets

X5 Heavy Intercessors

Martyr'd

X1 Paragon

X2 Seraphim

Purged:

X3 Sagittarius Guard

X3 Allarus Terminators?

X1 Terminator Captain Thing

Martyr'd:

x5 Battle Sisters

X2 Sacresants

Both games were a touch one sided. My lists were heavy on melta and it kind of ruined things. Argent Shroud and meltas is just a very very mean combo.

Highlight was my Cannoness passing her trail of purity. She beat the Deathwatch Captain in melee somehow, he rolled very poorly. She also executed the Custodes Terminator Captain with her melta pistol. He failed his 3++ and took eight wounds which was more than his 5+++ could deal with. It was quite a showing for a model that shouldn't be able to stand against close combat monsters like that.

1x avenger strike fighter

Nice!  How did the Avenger perform? I haven't fielded mine in years, not since my own last APOC-level game where the kitchen sink hit the table.  Awesome model, but too expensive given the inherent limitations of aircraft in the last few editions of the game.

I'll be back up shortly. Having to move into a new house and as soon as my hobby room is up and running, my sisters are first on the docket. Then the purge shall begin...

I'm moving, too.  My armies have been packed away for weeks.  It'll be six weeks before I get them back... Then it's time for the Order of the Mourning Rose to purge! 

Edited by march10k