Aramis' Mentors and bastard geneseed trials

@Pulse Sure. For the Mentors' it's solid Ulthuan grey base coat, shaded with thinned mix of blue and black shade (nuln and nightshade) then highlighted pure white. For the White Scar the shade was agrax and nuln to tie to the red, and for the Lunar Wolf it was just nuln. Heavy wash in the gaps, very light on the panels.

• 2 weeks later...

9zWh72Z.jpg

Mentor Ancient done tonight.

Really enjoyed painting the banner. Tried out non-metallic metal methods on the gold of the cloth which was fun and I'm pleased with how it looks for a banner.

Also finally got around to doodling some lightning onto my Night Lord Reiver.

orhA8iL.jpg

• 1 month later...

So in a Christmas diversion I worked on a kill team for the Emperor's Shield challenge.

It had to be one of the chapters from the Armageddon war, so I picked the Angels of Redemption as I wanted to try a split scheme.

And it was a lot of fun. I like the hard contrast in their scheme a lot. I was worried it'd look a mess and spoil the outline but it works well.

They're build from a mix of parts including deathwatch, reivers, and scions.

BXvdbKI.jpg

6Z1TpW8.jpg

The story is that these three are all former deathwatch members who abandoned their teams to pursue the shadow of the fallen. This led to arguments between the chapter and the Ordo Xenos, and so the chapter has sent them on a long mission into the hives of Armageddon, chasing another rumor about the fallen, to keep the Inquisition from finding them.

When they find a high value target they call in the Redwing, a Vanguard vet from the 2nd company who drops in for the takedown.

I'm now working on a scenic backdrop for them, and buying up bits for an inquisitor and a Primaris techmarine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

=][=

UVviy8z.jpg

Inquisitor Katarina Ash of the Ordo Astartes.

Ash has been tasked with monitoring the Primaris geneseed trials, working with the Mentor Legion chapter to assess the suitability of each legion geneseed for further use with Primaris forces.

Famed for ordering the censure of the Ice Knives chapter for destroying an entire orbital ring and causing planetwide devastation in pursuit of a lone Aeldari ranger.

In 984.M41 she forced the withdrawal of an Angels Encarmine taskforce from an assault on a hive city in order to allow her agents to resolve the situation discreetly and without mass casualties.

Associated with the Recongregationist faction of the Inquisition, she seeks to protect the people of the Imperium from the worst excesses of their protectors, the Astartes.

Inquisitor Ash wears power armour (3+ save) and carries a master crafted needle pistol (Wounds non vehicle on 2+, D2), force-maul, and shock grenades (Infantry hit can't overwatch and -1 to hit).

Quarry (Ordo Astartes) -

You can re-roll hit rolls for Ordo Astartes units if the target has the keyword Adeptus Astartes or Heretic Astartes.

I made her for Grotsmasher's Warlord challenge, kitbash pics here.

Built from a sister of silence and parts from Skitarii and scions.

Edited by Aramis K

jwHSNjZ.jpg

Primaris Techmarine in Gravis armour.

Finished building this today after a few hours with knife and bits box. Many many tiny tiny pieces, lots of tweezers and bluetack.

Body from an Aggressor, arms from an Inceptor, hammer from Deathwatch, backpack from an electro priest, and other bits from Skitarii, Cawl, and a Necron Immortal.

TnscsWw.jpg

There are no rules for Primaris Techmarines (yet) but easy enough to infer what they might be and give a power level. I've got a few ideas for special rules rather than just a tougher Techmarine. The shoulder gun might target fliers or provide overwatch firepower.

Now to paint. Unsure if I'll go full red with green and white Mentor shoulder, or white with red accents.

bm0zHi4.jpg

Mentor Lieutenant.

His badge of rank is having his foot on a rock. And I've realised I forgot to paint a helmet stripe. Maybe blue.

I've seen a few others mix Reiver bodies with Intercessor parts and I really like the style.

And a quick scale comparison next to one of the 2nd edition Marines. Different basing and pose, but amused me just how different they are. I think the old guy has bigger hands.

yjCACcY.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another kitbash binge and I've built a Primaris Apothecary.

zVDSNiI.jpg

Again using a Reiver base, because I like the slim look. Turned a grapple gun into a Reductor pistol, and a carbine shaved down to become his Absolver. There're bits from Esher, Cawl, and Cadian command in there too.

Looking forward to painting him, but must finish my Techmarine first.

Oh, and I'm posting on Instagram now as Aramis_esq

• 2 weeks later...

Another kitbash binge and I've built a Primaris Apothecary.

zVDSNiI.jpg

Again using a Reiver base, because I like the slim look. Turned a grapple gun into a Reductor pistol, and a carbine shaved down to become his Absolver. There're bits from Esher, Cawl, and Cadian command in there too.

Looking forward to painting him, but must finish my Techmarine first.

Oh, and I'm posting on Instagram now as Aramis_esq

I really like this -- I need to finish my Reiver Captain :S and perhaps steal some of these ideas :wink:

• 3 weeks later...