I'll edit this post with more pics tomorrow, but I am done:

918346_sm-.JPG

Great painting from everybody that just submitted.

I really like this color scheme, especially the dual colored face mask.

My question is, where did you get that chest piece? It looks like its for an Inquisitor. I'd love to get the model so I can convert my own inquisitor.

Thanks brother_b, always nice as a successor to have your colour scheme validated.

It's one of the torsos from the Forgeworld Sevrin Loth Command Squad. It's a winged crux, but from this angle I can see the horizontal edges of the crux kind of blend in with the inside of the wings (I haven't shaded deeply enough) to look like a winged ][ in this picture, should be a little clearer front on.

From Rage to Salvation 2017 is officially over!

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

Thank you all for participating and for making the continued revival of the RTS worthwhile! I'll be posting a recap of the event and officially confirming the rewards as soon as I can (Monday/Tuesday probably).

918346_sm-.JPG

Great painting from everybody that just submitted.

I really like this color scheme, especially the dual colored face mask.

My question is, where did you get that chest piece? It looks like its for an Inquisitor. I'd love to get the model so I can convert my own inquisitor.

Thanks brother_b, always nice as a successor to have your colour scheme validated.

It's one of the torsos from the Forgeworld Sevrin Loth Command Squad. It's a winged crux, but from this angle I can see the horizontal edges of the crux kind of blend in with the inside of the wings (I haven't shaded deeply enough) to look like a winged ][ in this picture, should be a little clearer front on.

I can see that now that I've looked closer. Again, great model. Great painting.

Well done everyone, the Blood Angels maintain their reputation for art! Lots of excellent vows and just in time to jump right into the new codex ;) Keep the momentum up, there's all these toys you have access to now so no excuses :lol:

And my pledges are now done :)9cwmOLN.jpgiwmt4Kd.jpg

Close up in spoiler tag :)

I96UV1F.jpgPtwhkSU.jpg

Cheers brothers!

Anamnesis

These are unreal. Super super work.

Thanks! The work continues in my thread in signature if interested :)

Congrats for all the minis brothers!

For Sanguinius!

Can someone help a forum (apparently) newbie out? I cant for the life of me get the 'vow completed' image to work in my signature...

1. Use a desktop or switch to full mode on your mobile
  2. On the pull down menu, choose my settings, then choose signature on the left hand menu
  3. Type the following into the box:
  4. [img=http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13809/sml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpg]
  5. Save changes
Edited by Jolemai

Thank you Jolemai for running this - I got a significant portion of my backlog cleared due to RtS :tu: Congratulations to everyone who took part and cheers for making it such an enjoyable event to be a part of. I wish us all success with our new models... and codex! :D

The wind stirred as Janos stared down at the carnage below him. Greenskins clashed with the noble warriors of the fifth company. He felt the ever-present thirst within him, calling out for blood, a thirst which could never be quenched.

For a second he thought he saw a figure amongst the howling orks, a figure in power armour in a dull green, bearing a symbol of an all seeing eye. Again and again the power armoured warriors replaced the orks in his vision, and his mind was filled with an indignant need to tear the traitor sons of the fallen Warmaster apart with his bare hand. "Traitors..." He growled underneath his breath.

"Captain?" Asked Vorenus, the company champion his hand resting on Janos's pauldron. The voice of his longtime companion cutting through the phantoms encroaching on his vision.

"Send word for Chaplain Itarus immediately" Janos growled through gritted teeth, visibly shaking at the effort of maintaining a grasp on his failing psyche "And fetch serfs to annoint my armour in black and crimson, I go to join the company of Death..."

That's my way of saying my vow will remain unfulfilled. A mix of work, other commitments, planning a wedding and illness have meant I have not been able to do as much painting as I would have liked. It has however got me painting a lot more than previously so it's not all bad news and I'm going to be try to complete it for a game I've got planned in a couple of weeks. *Shuffles off to prepare his signature to bare a mark of failure and shame*

Don't worry about it, it happens. We've all failed vows before now - just show them off once you've got them complete ;)

Until then, you need to wear this:

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg

Vow completed! Been finished for a while now but things have been crazy around the house.

Primary:

24255093_1805737432800961_35824204987284

Secondaries:

24291412_1805737386134299_49760716473606

24131299_1805737572800947_47428061293407

Great looking models as always Grazcruzk, but that counts-as Eversor is really scary! Where's the head from?

Meanwhile, this is yours:

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Thank you! I was going to go full white, but I couldn't bring myself to touch up that dirty grey look!

I think it works quite nicely and goes well with how you're currently doing your DC :smile.:

918346_sm-.JPG

Edit- More pics:

918486_sm-.JPG918490_sm-.JPG918489_sm-.JPG918488_sm-.JPG918487_sm-.JPG

Nothing to say other than excellent work as always :thumbsup:

Don't forget to add the Iratus Dominus to your signature!

Edited by Jolemai

Finished just in the nick of time Brothers. I have fought back the Black Rage. It wouldn't be like a Blood Angel if redemption didn't come right at the end :wink:

20 Death Company marines completed. I am happy with how they turned out. Especially the blonde hair on the TH guy. That was my first time trying blonde hair.

Have to say, that is a nice blonde you've got there. Any tips?

Oh, and twenty marines certainly earns you the following:

Finished! This is as good as they get before the tournament. I have 2 days to do a Hellblaster Squad and Devastators. I'll do good pics in a few days after the tourney.

deathcompany_fin.jpg

Just in the nick of time. See? I said you'd get it done :smile.:

Hope you got the others done for your tournament (there's a summary on his blog if anyone's interested) :smile.:

Here's your reward:

Edited by Jolemai

So then, i wasn't able to get in on this because I had just finished a SUMMER of painting an entire Raven Guard Brigade for the Hidden Hands of the Emperor event.  Now, with the codex coming out, I'm pumped to jump back into Blood Angels.  Will you be running another RTS style event any time soon?  I think the new Codex demands it.

The next event I'll be running will be around February/March time 2018. This year, we had the GBBO (a modelling/conversion event) in that slot.

In the summer (May, June, July) the ETL (B&C-wide super painting event) should return and my involvement in that is no more than a participant and cheer leader really...

All being well, the RTS will be in the September - November slot.

That's pretty much the schedule for 2018 and with us just coming off the back of a painting event, I've no plans on running another - but that doesn't mean no one else can! If you (or another) wants to run a mini-event then cobble something together and get in touch :tu:

Finished just in the nick of time Brothers. I have fought back the Black Rage. It wouldn't be like a Blood Angel if redemption didn't come right at the end :wink:

20 Death Company marines completed. I am happy with how they turned out. Especially the blonde hair on the TH guy. That was my first time trying blonde hair.

Have to say, that is a nice blonde you've got there. Any tips?

Oh, and twenty marines certainly earns you the following:

Thanks. I just followed Duncan's tip (

)

Lemartes watched the small group of Space Marines as they bore their Captain on their shoulders towards the Imperial lines. The breach had fallen and the outer ring of fortifications and bunkers were now in Imperial hands. Tycho had held the breach long enough for the rest of the army to reach the walls and carry the day. With a tenderness that belied the gore-streaked appearance of the Blood Angels, they laid Brother Captain Erasmus Tycho at the feet of Chaplain Lemartes. He knelt by the bloody corpse, laying a hand on his brow and staring at his friend's face. Perhaps it was just the relaxation of muscle that followed death, but he believed he could see a softening in Tycho's features, as though the terrible disfigurement done to him had retreated within his flesh. He hoped so.
"Farewell brother," he whispered. "You will not be forgotten."

From Rage to Salvation - 2017

Awards Ceremony

On the blood-soaked threads of the BA sub-sector in the B&C galaxy, From Rage to Salvation - 2017 campaign comes to a close. As the Death Company charged, ready to pay the ultimate price in defense of our Imperial way of life whose songs sang loudest? Who carried the day to enable the Angelic Host to defeat the heretic, the xenos, the traitor? And who was brave enough to follow their lead?

The RTS exists as a method of encouragement for those stuck in a rut regards to painting. It gives you a goal and a reward to paint those half-finished units that haunt our collection and I'm happy to say many took up the challenge. The Angelic Host for this year's RTS consisted of 28 Frater and with 24 completions this makes a 86 % conversion rate - this is an outstanding effort and you should all be applauded for that. The first ever RTS had a conversion rate of 47 %, the second was 68 %, and last year's event saw a rate of 67 %. This shows that the BA spirit re-discovered during the ETL IV remains strong (especially when we consider the completion rate of 85.2% acquired during ETL V) and puts us in good stead for the forthcoming events in 2018.

On the the rewards:

The Angelic Host

The following may proudly display the Iratus Dominus gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

• Alexarius
  • Anamnesis
  • Arkaniss
  • Blindhamster
  • BluejayJunior
  • Brother Aether
  • brother_b
  • Brother Lemartes
  • Demolius
  • Ekfud
  • Grazcruzk
  • Jolemai
  • Lucumon
  • Mcrat
  • our_baz
  • RelentlessPursuit
  • Riot Earp
  • Schwills
  • SM1981
  • Spagunk
  • sockwithaticket
  • Spyros
  • TheHarrower
  • Thoridon

However, sadly, some have failed our Primarch and as such may display the Carceres Ira as a reminder of their failure: gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg

Remember, Pity not those who do fall and Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours. Certainly, I have carried my shame/Carceres Ira longer than most and I will do until that vow is complete. However, it is up to you entirely but it's a pretty badge nonetheless.

The LOST

Over the years, many of our number have fallen to The Black Rage upon failing to complete a vow - be it the ETL or the RTS. Sometimes, these vows never get completed - they remain half painted on shelves for years awaiting their time in sun once more. This year, those with this shame still hanging over them were voluntarilty inducted into the Death Company. As is our way, the Death Company get one final chance at atonement, a chance to cast aside the Rage and grasp at their Salvation. Those who fell bore a ceremonial signature:

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Their mission, tasked by the Reclusiam and approved by Commander Dante himself, was to complete their failed legacy vows during the RTS lifetime. Of those inducted into The Lost I am proud to say that some did in fact return to us with their salvation attained:

• Jolemai

It is these who may replace the above banner with the following:

gallery_62972_10568_27950.jpg

Other than that, I thank you all for participating and for your patience with me and my running of the event. I hope you all enjoyed it and I'd love for some feedback via PM should you have the time. All being well, this even will resume next year and there may be something in the works around February and March 2018 :wink: