Dark Angels Secret Santa - we love secrets!

Chmur

Mine was surprisingly quick. I was in and out in 2 mins. Took me longer to figure out how to assemble the “easy to assemble” shipping box!

Edit: autocorrect

Yeah, I was doing mine at home (bought it in the morning), that thing is beasty. Post office wouldn't have been that bad, but only 2 counters were open and one has been occupied by infuriated young lady who complained about a package delivery to her home or whatever. Like the lady behind the counter could actually help her fire the delivery man. Long story short, I was 19th in queve and when I sent my package, she was still ranting at the other counter.

++ ORGANIZER VOICE ++

I would like to recap this event day before it ends. We had 11 signups and out of these 11 we have 9 gifts shipped, to date. 1 will be shipped after Christmas due to injury sustained (don't worry, your Santa-recipient is okay with it and wishes good recovery) and, at the moment it looks like, 1 MIA. This has as well been communicated out and Santa, being as wise as he is and know-it-all dude, has planned for this contingency. Somehow.

Leave no Angel behind.

With this, I would like to thank you all who put time into making these gifts, following this thread has been immense fun (I still need to really do the squat-primaris) and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. 

Now I wish you merry Christmas with your family and friends and see you soon in next posts, once the gifts start to arrive.

++MESSAGE END++

If you received your gift, share it with others :) And then the creator can/should post WIPs.

Alvena has been our MIA, but everything should be in order now and we are at 100%.

You made the Lion proud.

Superb to see first coming in. Both my outbound and inbound are still in transit, so for my pictures we have to wait.

Since this event was quite the success, judging by this thread and your reactions so far, I have prepared the very last form for you to answer, if you want to - this one is purely optional. As this was event I managed to think of in a day, I would like to know if there is something to be improved for next year!

If you want to go directly to me, use the link:

https://goo.gl/forms/lqXNOd1wRcSuib4Z2

If you want to share the points for open discussion, just reply here!

Thanks all!

Thanks for hosting this event Chmur, it was fun! If you're my target next year, I'll send you a beer along with the model.

Since none have shared their gift yet, allow Dark Rage his work to be the first. Thanks for the Techmarine man, I sorely needed one.

[snip]

Glad you like it, I was browsing through your thread for a while as I was a bit unsure if I should go with a techmarine as I remembered you had that 3rd party tech priest miniature you were planning to do some work with and there was also that post where you mentioned you wouldn't mind a sergeant.

The model itself was sculpted quite some time ago as I started working on it for one of grotsmasha's conversion challenges, but never got around to finishing it for his event. When I did decide on a techmarine I thought about revisiting it and getting it finished.

Sweet techmarine! Way to set the bar DR!

Btw, is that based off the DV chaos marine?

Yeah it was the DV champion miniature.

Not many progress pics but here is one I took when I decided this was the mini I was going to use.

38626738844_3fbb95e982_c.jpg

Hope he makes a nice addition to your force.

*munches cookies*

So, guys. My Santa has arrived. It's awesome and shames my army! Which is good! But as well, I have cookies. Yes. C-O-O-K-I-E-S. Little photostory below:

So, I have been hawkishly watching the tracking number ever since it got into the system. For some reason transit between Germany and Slovakia took about a week (post over Christmas, innit!), but this morning it finally was stored at the post office for pickup. Almost in my pyjamas I ran off to the post office, almost killing myself twice over on that slippery icy bull:cuss that the night rain turned into.

But, I managed and now I can share with you how generous Santa was with me. The package was quite sizeable... 

sL7QuHt.jpg

First surprise was that awesome tin can (?) inside. Please note that the Consecrators logo is not a bloody sticker, it really seems to be either painted or printed on the lid. YEEEHAW. Along with it a nice letter - the ingredients were a nice touch, glad we comply with EU regulations! :biggrin.:

4ixDiYU.jpg

Inside the package, there was a trap. It really seemed I will have to eat all the cookies before I can get to that tiny box. Challenge accepted!

DaqWh5v.jpg

There's plenty of cookies and on the first look into the box I actually missed the "wings" frosting. Awesome. And they taste delicious...

P7WlRuw.jpg

XgBYST5.jpg

Having moved cookies aside, I have finally managed to get to the box. A Thermostat-Regler! Yay! The only thing I really wished for these Christmas, but did not get. It seemed the year will not end in disaster after all!

pYbdWcR.jpg

On more serious note, inside the box was a mini so beatifully done it puts anything I created to shame. It's extremely well detailed and despite busting out the lightbox, even the photos don't do it justice. May I present you (although technically incorrect):

Brother-Epistolary Lostrael, The Defiant, hero of Battle for Quagmire I.

WTBoRGU.jpg

UdIQod3.jpg

PFSClh2.jpg

7Enn0H6.jpg

cngEThM.jpg

Archived