Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne - Legio II - The Lightning Bearers

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Sounds more suitable for the FK

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,860 posts
No worries, just spitballing.

Looking at the oubkushed Legion relics, they seem to have encouraged a certain archetype within the legion: Sons of Horus first suits of Cataphract, earning Eternal Warrior, Blood Angel Lightsaber, White Scars Laser Bow, Space Wolf Claws, Alpha Legion Dagger etc.

What is it within the legion that is the primary identifier? Is it the divination, or the light ing, or psykers in general, or is it something else?

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
I think we're edging towards lightning now. Swords are going to be very well-represented with the Oni elite and at least two characters, and I want to play up their archeotech treasure trove. Plus divination is covered by the wargear entry.

Edited by bluntblade, 28 February 2018 - 11:16 PM.

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,860 posts
Hmm, 'Archaeotech' is a very wide ranging subject, that's going to be hard to identify. It is essentially 'Old Technology', as the word origin, and then you have the issue of all relics essentially being some form of 'Old Technology' in some form or another: having a 'Old tech' as a theme of the legion is well and good, but having them with access to lots of it is by having either multiple Relics, making the relics cheap (risking auto take options), or allowing multiple to be taken.

I'm not sure that having a dearth of Old Technology can necessarily be realised through the in game mechanics of a single item.

I wouldn't have a problem with the Harbingers having multiple Relics and/or even allowing two characters to take Relics, or a single character to have two.

The focussing crystals could be a good place to start: 2+ Samsara rolls, bonus Samsara for casting spells for bearer and nearby on a 6+, regaining Samara Dice after fighting in a challenge/killing opponent in a challenge.

I quite like the idea of gaining the Samsara for killing an opponent personally: say for example when fighting in a challenge, any Samsara Dice used by the bearer are set aside rather than discarded. If the challenged opponent is killed, recover all set aside samsara dice, but if the bearer is alive at the end of the phase, all set aside dice are expended. Similar to Icarions Rewind.

Alternatively: Whenever the bearer casts Fulmination power, until the end of your next assault phase, your melee attacks have the haywire special rule: naughty little combination with Fists of Lightning.

Out of interest, can the Librarians of the Legion take other Disciplines, or are they Fulm/Div only too? Might be worth clarifying either way.

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
They can take other disciplines, but seers are by far the most common

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,794 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Does this mean you're dropping the 'ranged weapon' idea?

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
Nah, the gauntlet is basically meant to dole out lightning strikes.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,794 posts

Short-range like Sith Lightning?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
I'm torn between that and something more Zeus-style.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,794 posts

Wouldn't that be stepping on the Emperor's theme?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
He's more about psychic fire

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,860 posts

I've made a quick review of the rules already within the thread, and some comments raised; 

Also, for those who don't have Angels of Death, this is the Fulmination Discipline; 

Primaris; Electrosurge (WC1); 18" Assault 6, S5 AP4 Witchfire

1; Electroshield (WC1); Blessing; 3+ Invulnerable Save, Psyker only

2; Electropulse (WC1); 9" Haywire Nova

3; Lightning Arc; (WC2) As Primaris, but, Assault D6, also roll a dice for each enemy unit within D6"; that unit also takes D6 hits.

4; Fists of Lightning (WC1); Blessing, Psyker only; +1S, +1A, each time the psyker makes a melee attack, unit takes another 2 S5 Ap- hits.

5; Magnetokinesis (WC2); Blessing, 18" Range (none Zooming/Swooping/unit in Combat only); unit moves 18", ignoring terrain; cannot charge, and counts as having moved for shooting purposes.

6; Electrodisplacement (WC2); Blessing; target none-vehicle within 24"; swap placement with Psyker and his unit and the target unit; even allows switching into combat.

Samsara; I really, really like this rule. That said, I'm not sure if having it count as a reroll is all that necessary; it can't affect Twin-linked Weapons, and many of the Divination boosts already provide rerolls. I don't think it would be too overpowering to give ~10 floating "Roll Twice and Choose the highest" whenever you have to roll a D6. I'd also clarify that this roll should be taken prior to deployment, otherwise an Independent Character would lose their chance to roll Samsara.

Icarion;

- Stat Line; BS6; Dorn, Angron, Mortarion, Horus, Vulkan, and Magnus are the only Primarchs who have a Ballistic Skill of 5; Icarion doesn't feel more akin to Mortarion.

- Thunderchild ranged profile; Assault D3; This makes his shooting attack a bit more lethal; Assault D3 Deflagrate is going to make his shooting attack on top of his potential Witchfires absolutely horrific

- Thunderchild; This is the only Primarch who lacks a S10 or Instant Death causing attack. Given it's description (laced with psychoreactive crystals), at the least Force, or Murderous Strike seem fitting, or perhaps tying it to one of his Fighting Styles

- Artful Mind; I'd also throw Fulmination into his options, and give him +1 to manifesting from Div, Fulm, and Daem (Sanc) powers if he has Psychic Focus in any of those 3.  

- Time-lost Aegis; 2+ Armour Save - only Angron lacks a 2+ save - it matters little in Primarch vs Primarch, but it just means that it removes the chance of taking additional damage ticks from occasional lucky rolls from Power Swords. Even being taken on a 3++, it's still a little bit of a pain. There's also the concept that you get Rended in Zone Mortalis from S4+ weapons. The Rewind needs some talking over, I'll address this seperately.

- Sire of the Harbingers; gains the Pride of the First special rule. 

- Lightning Assault - overlaps with Legion Rite of War; Alternative idea; all LA (Harbinger) units have the Scout special rule; this allows reservists to Outflank, and others to move up the field, while allowing the Primarch/Rite to provide that greater benefit. I'd think that the Primarch granting all units with the Legiones Astartes special rule the Scout special rule, due to how powerful it is, but whichever can take effect.

Destined Assault Rite of War; 

- The Foresight special rule has the same effect as Lightning Warfare from the Primarch. I absolutely love this Rite of War, and I think it deserved special mention amongst the rules critique.

Oni Squads

- Description states "the Volta were the finest swordsmen".

- At WS4, I feel that these are lacking a little something. Given that they're formed of the finest swordsmen, WS5 would be fine. Alternatively, if you want to encourage swordsmanship, giving them "Mastery of the Blade" wouldn't be OP.

Sentinel Raiden Athrawes;

- Arcane Warrior; Does the Legion have a lot of access to Prescience? I think that this might be a poor Rite of War otherwise? Perhaps He can reroll failed manifesting rolls when casting a Blessing on himself or the unit he is attached to?

- Aetherial Lore; perhaps clarify that he chooses rather than generating rolls normally.

These rules are so neatly done aside from that. I love them.

Resources;

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,794 posts

Wait, Icarion has access to Sanctic? 

Then I retract my thematic issue and am now just trying to imagine how this weapon work. I'm guessing it's going to be bulky (fluff-wise) like a power fist to house the power source. I'm imaging that, at most, you'll have a range of 24 inches with this weapon. 

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,860 posts

Rewind Special Rule; however, this needs some work.

This is what we have currently; 

During a challenge in which Icarion takes at least 1 wound, he may choose to refight the combat from the beginning of that fight sub phase, resetting wounds and effects from the beginning of the challenge from that assault phase. Icarion may use this ability only once per challenge. Note: the second results must be kept.

The problem with this is that the timing is an issue. can it be used if Icarion is dead? When can he call it? Can he call it after rolling his save, but before removing the last wound? A Challenge is still fought in accordance with the Initiative steps; which is where wound allocation comes into an issue if wounds are allocated to or from the combatants before the end of the combat. 

How do we word it?

Resources;

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,860 posts

Then I retract my thematic issue and am now just trying to imagine how this weapon work. I'm guessing it's going to be bulky (fluff-wise) like a power fist to house the power source. I'm imaging that, at most, you'll have a range of 24 inches with this weapon. 

Going by the statline posted, Icarion may choose 4 powers known from the Divination or Sanctic discipline.

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to in the rest of your post, sorry!

Resources;

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts

I was thinking something relatively elegant, befitting Dark Age tech.

Maintenance update: added links to the elites and Ash Phoenix in the first post.

Edited by bluntblade, 02 March 2018 - 04:03 PM.

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

First off I have to say this is why I love having you around Hesh. Because of if we agree you make me think about things again and often come up with slightly different approaches that I'd not considered.

I've made a quick review of the rules already within the thread, and some comments raised; 

Also, for those who don't have Angels of Death, this is the Fulmination Discipline; 

Primaris; Electrosurge (WC1); 18" Assault 6, S5 AP4 Witchfire

1; Electroshield (WC1); Blessing; 3+ Invulnerable Save, Psyker only

2; Electropulse (WC1); 9" Haywire Nova

3; Lightning Arc; (WC2) As Primaris, but, Assault D6, also roll a dice for each enemy unit within D6"; that unit also takes D6 hits.

4; Fists of Lightning (WC1); Blessing, Psyker only; +1S, +1A, each time the psyker makes a melee attack, unit takes another 2 S5 Ap- hits.

5; Magnetokinesis (WC2); Blessing, 18" Range (none Zooming/Swooping/unit in Combat only); unit moves 18", ignoring terrain; cannot charge, and counts as having moved for shooting purposes.

6; Electrodisplacement (WC2); Blessing; target none-vehicle within 24"; swap placement with Psyker and his unit and the target unit; even allows switching into combat.

I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on these. On the discord there was some discussion that certain powers/disciplines in Angels of Death could be a little bit OP.

Samsara; I really, really like this rule. That said, I'm not sure if having it count as a reroll is all that necessary; it can't affect Twin-linked Weapons, and many of the Divination boosts already provide rerolls. I don't think it would be too overpowering to give ~10 floating "Roll Twice and Choose the highest" whenever you have to roll a D6. I'd also clarify that this roll should be taken prior to deployment, otherwise an Independent Character would lose their chance to roll Samsara.

Glad you like. I have to say that the making it a re-roll was something that I thought would help balance the effect, because it's quite a wide-ranging effect right now. Also the fact that it provides similar effects to the Divination powers was actually an intentional thing and a positive IMO, as I was trying to represent the effect of large numbers of seers in one place. I do agree with you on sorting the timing of the roll though. I though I'd written that it should be before the game, but I guess not... whoops.

Icarion;

- Stat Line; BS6; Dorn, Angron, Mortarion, Horus, Vulkan, and Magnus are the only Primarchs who have a Ballistic Skill of 5; Icarion doesn't feel more akin to Mortarion.

I have no issues with this honestly. Having had a number of BS chats with people recently I don't think that arguing over BS 5/6 is worth the effort it takes, so if others are happy, that works for me :)

- Thunderchild ranged profile; Assault D3; This makes his shooting attack a bit more lethal; Assault D3 Deflagrate is going to make his shooting attack on top of his potential Witchfires absolutely horrific

Again, no issues with this from me. Makes him a bit more variable, but still the same on average.

- Thunderchild; This is the only Primarch who lacks a S10 or Instant Death causing attack. Given it's description (laced with psychoreactive crystals), at the least Force, or Murderous Strike seem fitting, or perhaps tying it to one of his Fighting Styles

Force I definitely agree with. I'm not sure that a built in Instant Death is as necessary, especially as he can pretty easily give himself S8 to ID regular Marines, plus he has the whole deflagrate thing and the possibility of re-rolls on everything from Precognition.

- Artful Mind; I'd also throw Fulmination into his options, and give him +1 to manifesting from Div, Fulm, and Daem (Sanc) powers if he has Psychic Focus in any of those 3.  

Ok. Not sure if I've mentioned my proposal regarding psychic powers while you've been about? Basically my thought is that rather than Primarch Psykers rolling/choosing their powers at the beginning of the game I think that they should instead have fixed powers that encapsulate their abilities best (ML+1 is the number I'm thinking of). This lets us tweak certain powers that might be too much on a Primarch (like Invisibility was) as well as mix powers to suit their personality rather than being locked into the disciplines. I'd be interested to have a discussion with everyone about this at some point as I feel quite strongly about it and would really like to try it out within our AU's rules. (But probably not now and here)

- Time-lost Aegis; 2+ Armour Save - only Angron lacks a 2+ save - it matters little in Primarch vs Primarch, but it just means that it removes the chance of taking additional damage ticks from occasional lucky rolls from Power Swords. Even being taken on a 3++, it's still a little bit of a pain. There's also the concept that you get Rended in Zone Mortalis from S4+ weapons. The Rewind needs some talking over, I'll address this seperately.

I believe that the 2+ was avoided to prevent Icarion having a 2+ re-rollable via Precognition, which to my mind is certainly a good thing. The zone mortalis issue can be fixed by giving him Void Hardened armour, but I'm not sure how I feel about him possibly getting access to a 2+ re-rollable with the option to re-fight via Rewind.

- Sire of the Harbingers; gains the Pride of the First special rule. 

Yep, this needs adding. I think the issue here is that the Legion Rules have been re-written only very recently, whereas units and characters haven't been updated to comply yet.

- Lightning Assault - overlaps with Legion Rite of War; Alternative idea; all LA (Harbinger) units have the Scout special rule; this allows reservists to Outflank, and others to move up the field, while allowing the Primarch/Rite to provide that greater benefit. I'd think that the Primarch granting all units with the Legiones Astartes special rule the Scout special rule, due to how powerful it is, but whichever can take effect.

I think giving Scout or allowing Seize on a 4+ and Outflank would be pretty good (the latter being remarkably similar to Horus's God of War rule, which I think of as being his Warmaster special rule). Definitely think that there should be less overlap and more synergy between the Rite and Primarch.

Destined Assault Rite of War; 

- The Foresight special rule has the same effect as Lightning Warfare from the Primarch. I absolutely love this Rite of War, and I think it deserved special mention amongst the rules critique.

Oni Squads

- Description states "the Volta were the finest swordsmen".

- At WS4, I feel that these are lacking a little something. Given that they're formed of the finest swordsmen, WS5 would be fine. Alternatively, if you want to encourage swordsmanship, giving them "Mastery of the Blade" wouldn't be OP.

WS5 or Mastery of the Blade (the DA legion rule I think?) would both be good ways of making these guys feel more impactful.

Sentinel Raiden Athrawes;

- Arcane Warrior; Does the Legion have a lot of access to Prescience? I think that this might be a poor Rite of War otherwise? Perhaps He can reroll failed manifesting rolls when casting a Blessing on himself or the unit he is attached to?

Almost certainly another bit of a throwback to when the Legiones Astartes rule gave everyone Brotherhood of Psykers and the Prescience power only. I like your new and improved version :)

- Aetherial Lore; perhaps clarify that he chooses rather than generating rolls normally.

Except that currently he doesn't pick his powers. He rolls twice and then also has Psychic Swordsman.

These rules are so neatly done aside from that. I love them.

Rewind Special Rule; however, this needs some work.

This is what we have currently; 

During a challenge in which Icarion takes at least 1 wound, he may choose to refight the combat from the beginning of that fight sub phase, resetting wounds and effects from the beginning of the challenge from that assault phase. Icarion may use this ability only once per challenge. Note: the second results must be kept.

The problem with this is that the timing is an issue. can it be used if Icarion is dead? When can he call it? Can he call it after rolling his save, but before removing the last wound? A Challenge is still fought in accordance with the Initiative steps; which is where wound allocation comes into an issue if wounds are allocated to or from the combatants before the end of the combat. 

How do we word it?

Maybe rather than re-fight the entire combat it could just let him roll dice at the end of a Fight phase for each wound lost during that Fight phase to try and avoid them? It would simplify it greatly and mean you only have to track the wounds inflicted against Icarion rather than the whole Challenge. Plus if Icarion is ever alone against a unit that can attack him whilst he's in his Challegne things get even more complicated.

I was thinking something relatively elegant, befitting Dark Age tech.

Maintenance update: added links to the elites and Ash Phoenix in the first post.

Honestly I think making it similar in profile to the ranged attack on Icarion's Thunderchild is the way to go (less range maybe?). But instead of being Assault we could make it a Pistol so it can be used as an additional combat weapon, possibly even Specialist Weapon to let it pair with Fists, Thunder Hammers and Paragon Blades better?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
Sounds good. Ooh, I've just had an idea... could we make it imitate this when it strikes?

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,860 posts

I'll have to have a look more at the Fulmination list. As a blaster, it pretty much puts Pyromancy firmly in the corner, especially with its added utility. I know that my theorycraft had me essentially taking Sevrin Loth and Tigurius all the time in a Librarius Conclave IIRC to abuse the hell out of Fulmination. That said, having a Blink Port Primarch is understandably very threatening.

RE Samsara, if it's intentional it overlaps with Psyker abilities, then by all means, I retract that comment.

I've not read everything yet on the forum (like nearly 18 months to catch up on, let alone remember the stuff I've forgotten), but I've not seen mention of that yet. I've always hated the concept of randomly rolling for powers (and magic in Fantasy, especially when they became a 1/army spell) and would have definitely have preferred a "pay-for" option. If a power is just so good that everyone takes it, and some never get taken, then it was on GW's issue to either fix the power, or create a meta in which the power was useable. Thinking about a Precognition 3+/3++, I'm not sure that there's ultimately too much of an issue (although admittedly, I have a slight recollection now I might have been one who recommended that); we we can choose not to give it Precognition (but then that still leaves Samsara rerolls; assuming Icarion can use Samsara? - it is a lot more limited however) if we go with your Psychic refix (please post a thread if you've not done). Given that in a duel, for anything to have any sort of chance, it's still going to be up-against a Rerollable 3++, with AP2 or 3 weapons. Versus shooting, he's going to be in a stack of Legion Terminators anyway (Hit and Run Terms benefitting from his Psychic Powers? Course they are), so can palm off a bucket of wounds that way. 

There's also the fact that we have a lot more Anti-Psyker units in this setting  AND we have the Sisters of Silence available from the start.

He will always be challenging in case to get Rewind to trigger, and if you've not got an AP3 weapon, I'm not sure what help you could be; Power Swords, Lightning Claws, Power Lances, Charonite Claws, and Terranic Greatswords/Calibanite War Blades are literally the only AP3 melee weapons I can find. Of those, only Lightning Claws, or Terranic Greatswords would have had remotely a chance, and even then. it's a 4+ to hit, and a 5+ with Reroll/4+ to wound, vs a 3++ Rerollable; that's a 5.6%/6.3% chance to cause a wound; spread that over 4-5 attacks, and you're looking at 27-29% chance to cause a wound with a full attack routine - and that's if they survive. By the time you start stacking "would be nice to have", you're looking at 3/4 of a Primarch's rules, and the other quarter is inevitably Force Multiplying stuff you don't need to factor in when white rooming a combat; (Fear, Fearless, Fleet etc aren't factored in, but Eternal Warrior, WS7+ and I7+ statlines, etc.

I think any pretence at a none-Primarch taking on a Primarch should possibly be forgotten, unless we're talking on the levels of Melee Knights.

With the Oni; they could even have both WS5 and Mastery of the Blade, but I'm okay with one or the other if we're going to want to be careful of stacking rules.

RE Raiden; The reason I mention he chooses rather than rolling is that it doesn't expressly state he doesn't roll. It could be taken that it lets a person choose those powers as well the rolled ones. That suggestion was simply to stop the potential of it being "that guy-ed". As someone who enjoys theoretically "that guy"ing, it was one of the few rules which stuck out to me.

I'm still trying to think over how we can realise the refight of a combat. I love the concept (Prince of Persia, if it wasn't obvious enough from pre-insurrection Morro, is one of my favourite characters and I love wibblywobbly timeywimey stuff), and what was "oh, sure, just refight the challenge to make sense" doesn't seem fitting.

Perhaps something similar to Magnus' Mind Wrath. For ease; Mind Wrath allows Magnus to increase the Required Warp Charge by 2, but if it's successfully manifested, it gains +2d6 Str, and double range (It's almost as if Forge World forgot that S5 9" Nova powers exist, but that's another matter). In this, perhaps this;

Time-Lost Aegis; Grants an X+ Armour Save and a 3+ Invulnerable Save. In addition, Grants the Rewind Power;

When Icarion is manifesting a Blessing power that targets himself or the unit he is attached to, the controlling player can declare the use of Rewind. This must be done before any dice are rolled to manifest the power in question. The required Warp Charge to manifest the power is increased by +2. However, if the power is successfully manifested, while Icarion is affected by the blessing he is surrounded by a bubble of time that surrounds all those closest to him. This has no other effect unless Icarion is fighting in a challenge while under the effects of the Blessing. Because of this bubble of controlled time, Icarion and his opponent may not allocate excess wounds to other enemy models, nor may outside forces allocate their attacks to either combatant. While this bubble of controlled time is in effect, no model may make a Glorious Intervention with either combatant. In addition, at the end of any Initiative Step in which Icarion has suffered a wound, even if Icarion has been killed, the controlling player may collapse the the bubble of time. Any wounds suffered by either challenger during that round of combat are instantly regained, and both characters must resolve their attacks; the character with the highest Initiative resolves their attacks first as if they were fighting at a higher Initiative step. After both characters have made their attacks again, the rest of the combat proceeds.

However, collapsing the bubble of time instantly ends the effects of the Blessing for Icarion and all others who may be affected, and the Rewind ability may not be used for the rest of the battle.

This feels very high process, and I'm scared of looking back tomorrow for the rules gore, but I think I've managed to capture the effect that we're looking for. 

Resources;

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,067 posts

I'll check and see if it's worth adding a new thread for the Powers discussion, if not I'll necro an old thread instead. You're right about there being perhaps more tools within out universe than in the regular one for dealing with Psykers. Maybe I'm being too reserved in my thinking with regards to this, even so I'd like to have the discussion and let you guys convince me of the fact ;)

On to your possible re-write: I like the concept and the way you linked it to an extant blessing is really cool. I agree that it is a bit too wordy though. Perhaps instead of adding it to a blessing that he casts it could instead be gained by him 'sacrificing' 1 of his Warp Charges each Psychic phase? I call it a sacrifice, but it wouldn't be an option rather he would 'only' generate 3 Warp Charges per phase while Rewind is active. Then when the effect is unraveled the power that he had held by that ability is returned (ie he can generate 4 from then onward).

Time-Lost Aegis; Grants an X+ Armour Save and a 3+ Invulnerable Save. In addition, Grants the Rewind Power;

While Rewind is in effect Icarion generates one fewer Warp Charge than normal in each Psychic Phase and in a challenge Icarion and his opponent may not allocate excess wounds to other enemy models, outside forces allocate cannot their attacks to either combatant and no model may make a Glorious Intervention with either combatant.

In addition, at the end of any Initiative Step in which Icarion has suffered a wound, even if Icarion has been killed, the controlling player may discharge Rewind: Any wounds suffered by either challenger during that round of combat are instantly regained, and both characters must resolve their attacks again; the character with the highest Initiative resolves their attacks first as if they were fighting at a higher Initiative step. After both characters have made their attacks again, the rest of the combat proceeds.

Discharging Rewind ends all of the effects listed above and it cannot be reactivated again once discharged.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,794 posts

Sounds good. Ooh, I've just had an idea... could we make it imitate this when it strikes?

The chain lightning gun? 

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
The zap one, zap three gun.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,794 posts

Wouldn't Deflagrate work well enough for that?

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,765 posts
Possibly... let me take a look

Edit: yes, that'll do nicely

Edited by bluntblade, 03 March 2018 - 11:25 PM.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,794 posts

Possibly... let me take a look

Edit: yes, that'll do nicely

So, that's one special rule definitely being added.

Since this is a relic, it's going to cost at least 40 points. The IH have a 'grav gauntlet' at 40 points. It's range is template, oh right, template still exists. Would that better fit your chain lightning better, Blunt? It would have the range of a flamethrower (about 8''), but be able to hit anyone underneath the template. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users