Executioners 5th Company Mk II

It seems my original Executioners thread is archived so I have to start a new one, which is ok since I'm pretty much redoing the army and actually finishing it.

executioners_evolution_by_kasumidoll-dbw

The left is the original, but Reaper discontinued the blue steel I was using.

The middle is what I ended up working with, which looks more like metallic Crimson Fists than Executioners.

The right is my newest attempt, which I think is much closer to the Imperial Armour book (it is more bluish in person).

So my goal with this is to repaint just the armor of what I have already done (6.5 tactical squads, 2 assault squads, 1 devastator squad with extra heavy weapon options, 1 sternguard squad, 2 dreadnoughts, about 20 terminators and a full command squad) plus finish out the last 1.5 tactical squads, a damocles command rhino, and 8 rhino/razorbacks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It seems I forgot this thread :wacko.:

High Chaplain Thulsa Doom... er Kane... I must contemplate this on the Tree of Woe...

high_chaplain_thulsa_kane_by_kasumidoll-

Honor Guard 21 & 24

executioners_honor_guard_by_kasumidoll-d

Venerable Contemptor Targas (named in IA10)

executioners_contemptor_by_kasumidoll-dc

Damocles Command Rhino Nemain (a goddess of war in Conan setting)

executioners_command_rhino_01_by_kasumidexecutioners_command_rhino_02_by_kasumid

Two repainted dreadnoughts

executioners_dreadnauts_by_kasumidoll-dc

• 2 months later...

Tactical squad 2 done. I was originally going to just repaint the armor, but a lot of the details like the leather, purity seals, etc were different from squad to squad so I am taking the opportunity to standardize them.

executioners_tactical_squad_02_repaint_b

Looking good! I really like how the rhino and dreadnoughts came out. Keep it up!

That said, are the green shoulder pads denoting the company?

No I'm using some of the original material for them. Green is tactical, yellow is assault, red is scout/recon, and purple is devastators.

Assault squad 1 done (squad number 7). I have a backstory of the sergeant in that he hears the Emperor talk to him, giving him advice and warning him of danger. It all started when he took that crystal skull as trophy from an eldar warlock he killed...

executioners_assault_squad_07_repaint_by

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

At the risk of threadomancy... I am now working on this army after a long stretch of other armies. So I have the first tactical squad built and ready for priming.

My goals are as such:

* Reuse what I can from the previous minis; which isn't much since half the reason to rebuild was the AoBR minis were tiny compared to the rest

* Get everything the same color; after a half dozen test schemes I found one that I like and looks accurate

* Based on 32mm and looking better

* All but the assault squads will have accompanying rhino APC

* Reiver skull helmets for extra mood

* 3D printed pauldrons with the chapter badge on them so I don't have to faff around with decals again

DSC02297.JPG