+++The Armoured Fist of the Raven+++

WAR

Same reason Tech marines are red.  The guy has the mechanicm cog all over his armor therefor red.  I originally planned to just go arms/helmet red in a similar marking to vets but it really didn't look good for some reason with black body may have something to do with the amount of armor plate on the front of his armor.

They can be. Just depends on how you like painting your stuff :)

I never exposed crewmen in my old vanilla diy army. You know because ... tank armor.

I always imagine the gunner and driver as regular marines and the engineer as a techmarine ... probably TSOALR influence ;)

This has been a topic of debate that pops up occasionally.

For my part, tanks come from the armory which is the pervue of the Techmarines. So, I don't consider tank crew "Techmarines", yet have specialized training to know the intricacies of vehicle handling and maintenance (which is more than a Company Marine would know about). Thus, tank crew gets some red on their armor in some way. That's just my opinion.

Regardless, a splash of red on a black tank is welcomed :tu:

This has been a topic of debate that pops up occasionally.

For my part, tanks come from the armory which is the pervue of the Techmarines. So, I don't consider tank crew "Techmarines", yet have specialized training to know the intricacies of vehicle handling and maintenance (which is more than a Company Marine would know about). Thus, tank crew gets some red on their armor in some way. That's just my opinion.

Regardless, a splash of red on a black tank is welcomed :thumbsup:

Yeah, I always imagined tank operators and gunners to be regular Chapter Marines with specialized training also, but not belonging to the "techmarine" corps.  I might have to rethink this though.  Maybe;

-Veterans, Lts, Captains will all get white arms (veterancy)

-Techmarines and their Corps will get red arms

-Librarians will get blue arms

-Chaplains and Apothecaries....grey?

:eek:

MOAR PICS!

Ask and ye shall recieve!

gallery_104572_14146_41799.jpg

Corvin Severax' personal ride.

med_gallery_104572_14146_128392.jpg

Rear view. Almost forgot that wee bit of parchment :whistling:

gallery_104572_14146_6792.jpg

A bit blingier than the usual Raven Guard vehicle, as I thought appropriate for the Chapter Master's taxi. Course, it's still just a few touches. RG symbols are from the forgeworld transfer sheet.

gallery_104572_14146_17213.jpg

This is my first proper project since I got back into the hobby. As you can see, the edges are a bit wonky, and the brush strokes are more obvious than I'd like. But a big tank is always tricky, let alone when you're out of practise. So I'm still quite chuffed!

med_gallery_104572_14146_16651.jpg

Gotta have the multimelta of course. Decent look at one of the two crew. Quite like how the highlighting on his right shoulder came out. As you can see, I went with veteran crews, but with a techmarine red shoulder. I think it worked quite well.

med_gallery_104572_14146_22429.jpg

And another look at crew members, the stormbolter and that headlamp. Beakie's shoulder was tricky to do, had to cut the transfer in half to fit, and getting it lined up right was a job for someone less hamfisted than me. :wink:

:eek:

MOAR PICS!

Sure. Here ya go

Dakka Pattern 

DakkaPattern

Zappy Pattern

ZappPattern

All the Sides

RepDoneFront

RepDoneRight

RepDoneBack

RepDoneLeft

Some of the weapons. The missile swaps will wait until after I play a game or 2 and see if I even find them worth it.

weapons

And... The Gunner.

RepGunner

It still needs basing and weathering but I'm holding off on that until I decide how the army will be based in one go. No since dusting with muddy colors if its an urban base scheme and viceversa. But calling it done for now and table worthy.

Edited by Hellstrike