Fex Loadouts?

CoffeeGrunt

I have a real soft spot for Fexes and have built a few as I've started my Nid army, (and bought a few second hand.)

Now a personal favourite is what I've nicknamed the "Bullfex." Tusks, Scything Talons, bomb it forward and smash stuff. I've experimented with other loadouts including Dakkafexes with either 4 Deathspitters or 4 Devourers, or an "AT Fex" with Heavy Venom Cannon and Crushing Claws.

I've found the Dakkafexes get mostly ignored and don't really shine as star players much. They're decent, but I mostly play against power armour and vehicle-heavy armies, so they just bounce off most stuff. The AT Fex is surprisingly good now with the buff to the HVC as well as Crushing Claws being a little less rubbish now. The Bullfexes are just a solid all-rounder, (that 5 attacks on the Charge on 3s re-rolling 1s is solid.)

What's everyone else's thoughts? How are you equipping your Fexes this edition?

My favorite is the hybrid dakkafex.

A pair of Monstrous Scything talons with Two devourers. I give him both enhanced senses and spore cysts, then because it's so cheap the bone mace tail.

He has performed extremely well for me, especially with Kraken's morphing trait. Being able to advance on 3D6 picking the highest, and bouncing out of combat and assaulting if he's ever locked in combat has been really nice.

I really like the Bioplasmic scream on the screamer killers, many of my opponents are not expecting the Assult d6 shots at Str 7  AP -4.
Typically I find if I roll well on the hits im killing a model or two before making my charge mortal wounds roll into them, less fight back 

I've found the Dakkafexes get mostly ignored and don't really shine as star players much. They're decent, but I mostly play against power armour and vehicle-heavy armies, so they just bounce off most stuff. 

A quad Dev dakkafex with enhanced senses should be putting 4 wounds onto an MEQ statline per turn (24 shots, 18 hits, 12 wounds, 4 failed saves) which isn't too bad. This goes up a lot vs GEQ, and is very useful for horde/chaff clearing to let you get charges off on actually threatening things.

An interesting thing is that a dakkafex is actually solid support - if youre thinking of adding 3 warriors with venom cannon and 2 deathspitters, a dakkafex actually brings a heavy venom cannon and 2 spitters for cheaper, I believe.

Of course, the pure melee fex still works, however it's slow and can be shot down. You need multiples I think.

I'll try it Screamer Killers next time, they seem like an interesting option for my "Bullfexes."

Also your math on the Dakkafex is a little off. It would be 16 hits, then about 10 wounds. Annoyingly, very few people locally are running armies that aren't Marines.

I think I'll be buying more Fexes soon. My collection of them is starting to get a bit out of hand, haha.

Screamer Killers were a pretty good success in my game last night, even against Tzeentch Daemons. However the star of the show had to be the Dakkafex, I think Daemons is a perfect matchup for it. AP doesn't matter, the Strength is solid against more targets, and you can drown squads in dice. Ended up popping the "Shoot Again" stratagem on it twice, absolutely blew away whatever it pointed at.