Danny Cyanide does Imperial Guard - Elysians and DKOK

Danny Cyanide

Hi everybody,

I've been out of the game since late 5th/ very early 6th and have recently had my interest rekindled by 8th edition. I've always been a heretic, fully devoting myself to the Dark Gods of Chaos, but recently I feel the pull of the Emperor's Guiding Light. He is calling me to defend the Imperium of Man, and really, The Gods never really favored me as a chosen son. I'd worshipped them devoutly since 3rd edition and I've never been gifted so much as a single tenticle!

That being said, I've decided to leave the Gods and the power armour behind, and start leading a fierce of mere mortals. This thread will chronicle the mustering of two Imperial Guard armies with vastly different styles. I'll be starting off with a rapid strike force of Elysian Drop Troops, and will be countering them with the relentless Death Korps of Krieg.

Stripping a bunch of Elysians I picked up in my local Facebook group:

NwM6l5u.jpg

First squad of troops built:

0x0QY1s.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide

The Elysians are going to be Cadian colors, tan jump suits with green armour. Pouches, gloves and boys are going to be a darker brown, kind of a coyote tan color. Lenses on their visors are going to be blue.

I'm going to be doing my Company Commanders out of Militarum Tempestus Scions for the Elysians, just to make them stand out a bit.

I'm probably going to go French WWI for the Krieg when I start on them.

Small update, today i got the first pre built squad out of the stripper and got the first 3 squads primed. Going to do a paint test next with both Cadian colors, and inverted Cadian colors top see what I like best on these guys!

PeGhgWS.jpg

r7r2Asb.jpg

Stay tuned!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

The Elysian 127th have been pledged for Trooping of the Colour!

I did A colour test today and made 2 schemes. First is inverted Cadian colours, the second is standard Cadian colours, tan with green armour. What do you guys think Is better?

Sy6Soll.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide

I thought I had an opinion, but it changes everytime I look at the picture. :rolleyes:

Either would be great schemes - one suggestion might be to paint the quilted padding on the thighs a different colour - perhaps tie it in with the leather colour used for belts/straps etc.

What colour/design are your bases Danny? I think the green fatigues would work well with a forest (brown/green) or desert (brown red) base, while the tan fatigues might suit an urban (grey) scheme better.

I hear you on the possess, but they are sculpted hunched over from Forge World, I've always assumed it was to make them look like they were ducking while clearing a landing zone.

As for the arm poses, left foot forward, right arm forward is pretty much how people run as far as I know...

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Welcome back to the fight Brother Danny. Though I'm mainly a SM player, I have a lot of respect for the IG (can't get used to the name change to AM.... old dogs and new tricks I suppose).

I like both color schemes, but I'm partial to the inverted one. It's reminiscent of WW II 101st Airborne.... which warms my heart and brings a tear to me eye :yes: 

Thanks! As you can see by my thread title I can't quite get behind the new name either!

I've decided to go with the Green Fatigue scheme! Thanks everyone for your input!

ldqEeRA.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide