Xenith

Mighty words for a Chapter that needed to get saved by the Knights of Blood. :whistling:

*cough*  Saved? Pretty sure the Flesh Tearers saved themselves. The Knights of Blood were lost to the Black Rage. Also, it was the Flesh Tearer's Thunderhawk that landed and picked up the remaining Flesh Tearers. There was also the foresight and strength of Seth to abate his blood lust and call in the transports for evac.

Saved... *shakes head*   Pah! 

P.S. This is all said in good fun and jest. Love the work you're doing with Knights of Blood sfPanzer. :happy.:

Edited by Aothaine

Mighty words for a Chapter that needed to get saved by the Knights of Blood. :whistling:

*cough*  Saved? Pretty sure the Flesh Tearers saved themselves. The Knights of Blood were lost to the Black Rage. Also, it was the Flesh Tearer's Thunderhawk that landed and picked up the remaining Flesh Tearers. There was also the foresight and strength of Seth to abate his blood lust and call in the transports for evac.

Saved... *shakes head*   Pah! 

P.S. This is all said in good fun and jest. Love the work you're doing with Knights of Blood sfPanzer. :happy.:

Now say it again but using Alessandro's voice :happy.:

The feast of blades was upon the sons of sanguinius once again.

After heeding the call during the defence of Baal, how could they ignore this call?

Chapter master Malphas was determined to show their kin that they, and they alone, were the best Sons.

The next thing in line: who was fit for such a challenge? First captain Rhazien, in his bulky tactical dreadnought armour?

Captain of the seventh, Orsova? For his ferocity and skill with a blade were unmatched within the chapter.

These candidates would not suffice. Malphas wanted someone... more direct.

All Sons of Sanguinius were known for their prowess in close quarter combat, so that's exactly where the Exsanguinators need to be.

The choice was made, none other then the Chief librarian of the chapter would be up for this task.

Malphas uttered: "Let us bleed them dry" as he walked off from his chambers to give the order.

Chapter

Exsanguinators

Chief Librarian of the Exsanguinators

Malachi Mordred

Wargear:

- Terminator Armour

- Force Sword

- Storm Shield

Psychic Powers:

- Wings of Sanguinius

- Quickening

- Smite

Rerolls:

1 (+1 from ETL)

Total: 158 points

gallery_32953_14693_651556.jpg

Edit: added a bit of (silly) background

Edited by Lynnean

Big hefty presence of psykers this go round. Looks like they will take honors again this year. Surprised we haven't seen any Lieutenants or sergeants for the extra re-rolls. I would love to see a Techmarine on bike or chappy on bike again this go round -coughCharlogetonthatcough-

Well there are 5 Captains and 2 Librarians. ^^

But I think with the multi-wound weapons in 8th nobody dares to take a champion without invul or at least something as potent as smite. Thunderhammers, Powerfists and Forceweapons are just too scary. :P

No doubt. I knew Captains would have a strong presence this go round too. I believe the Mortal Wound spam from the libby's is going to be pretty spectacular. There's still several spots open, and we already have 2 librarians, I'm sure there will be at least 2 more this year by events start. possibly more than that. We will see though.

A chaplain would be interesting.

I would like to see a sanguinary priest try as well though haha

Edited by Lynnean

Hey Xenith, maybe you could give the option of a 5++ or something equivalent to an invuln for the models that don't have the option for it. Like a priest, Techmarine non TDA sergeant, etc. In the future to be an incentive for diversification?

Maybe costs points for something or a 3++ with diminishing returns each time it's used. 3++ to 4++ to 5++ and never gets worse than a 6++ etc.

Could be interesting at a later date.

Hey Xenith, maybe you could give the option of a 5++ or something equivalent to an invuln for the models that don't have the option for it. Like a priest, Techmarine non TDA sergeant, etc. In the future to be an incentive for diversification?

Maybe costs points for something or a 3++ with diminishing returns each time it's used. 3++ to 4++ to 5++ and never gets worse than a 6++ etc.

I would be a fan of this; I'd be tempted to vow something unique like a priest or lieutenant :happy.:

Invuns mean nothing against smite :happy.:

Sergeants already get a 6+++ and certain sergeants already have access to invulnerables in the form of storm shields, or terminator armour.

Techmarines are stuck without an invun option, but they get a base 2+ save unlike captains and libbies, and possibly have 2 plasma pistol shots in combat each turn.

Last year a TH/SS stormshield Terminator sergeant did reasonably well!

I can't start giving out free rules to compensate for certain models weaknesses, otherwise every model would be the same!

The results of this feast will be taken into account, and if one particular build dominates I'll alter things for next time. 

I would be a fan of this; I'd be tempted to vow something unique like a priest or lieutenant :happy.:

The priest can heal themselves, and lieutenants are cheaper so get loads of rerolls - no reason not to enter one. 

Edited by Xenith

Yeah, no worries just a suggestion.

I'm thinking more for banner bearers, priests, and the like. I forgot sergeants get a 6+++!

I love the FoB event. And think you do an ace job on it.

Just tossing ideas your way to improve upon it if you think it's within reason.

Yeah, no worries just a suggestion.

I'm thinking more for banner bearers, priests, and the like. I forgot sergeants get a 6+++!

I love the FoB event. And think you do an ace job on it.

Just tossing ideas your way to improve upon it if you think it's within reason.

No worries, all input is considered!

We had a wider variety of entrants last year, I think the popularity of captain smash might be pushing things in that way. 

Mortal wounds > invulnerable saves > High AP attacks > Models that can dish out mortal wounds

It's kind of rock paper scissors. Everything has a weakness. 

I kinda dislike the 6+++. It'll just eat up all your re-rolls without doing too much.

Thunderhammer wounds you 3 times? Time to roll three 6+ armor saves ... re-roll them because you likely fail them. Two wounds get through and do 3 damage each? Roll six 6+++ and waste all your remaining re-rolls on them because you're likely to faik them. Your sergeant probably is now dead anyway. (Not an unlikely scenario at all unfortunately)

I mean I'm in it for the fun of course but onesided fights are meh. :P

A 6+ (basically PA save against AP-3) or 6++ can save your life but also doesn't really eat all your re-rolls. A 6+++ is taken against each damage and thus is unlikely to save a Sergeants life but does eat all your re-rolls (statistically it takes only 1 Thunderhammer/Powerfist/Forcesword wound to kill a non-Primaris Sergeant with re-rollable armor save and re-rollable 6+ FnP).

Unless you didn't mean for it to work like FnP at all and just an additional save that protects against the whole wound. In hindsight it's not as clear how you intended it to work (since you wrote "in the same manner as a FnP roll" ... which would be rolled against damage, not against wounds).

I'm waiting to see what other people enter so the Blood Revenants can send in a more "unique" combatant. Looking like it will either be my Priest, jump pack libby, or cataphractii captain.

How about a Sanguinary Ancient with Powerfist, Inferno Pistol and 4 re-rolls? :teehee:​