Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Your Chaos Contemptor's modifications make him look appropriately intimidating. I hope to see the completed model soon.

Thank you. And likewise. Hopefully I'll have him finished this week and then I can prime him afterwards.

And since the model was at the bottom of last page:

WoUHgBc.jpg

Thanks to Krautscientist and Elduderino, I've gotten major inspiration for my own massive Terminator-Armoured World Eaters warlord, Khadon Drachstur:

ZEhazKN.jpg

I just need to order the Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear to get a suitable belt/belly armour for him, and also greenstuff some soft armour for his armpits and neck, but he's pretty much done, assembly-wise.

Oh, and a suitable Khornate headdress for his armour :lol: And maaaybe a cape (probably from the new Skulltaker model)

Also, I didn't intend on this, but seen from this angle is just..... Awesome

qbaMetR.jpg

That's pretty damn cool, I like the head, it goes well with the pose. Any ideas for the bunny ears? And will you keep the three skulls on the belly plate? It might look cool together with the other three, or just goofy, I can't really tell:)

Thanks! I wanted to use the 30k Khârn bare head on a World Eater model for a while now, and I knew I had to use it on Khadon. Mainly because that head is extremely unique, due to the fact that I only have one of it.

Unsure on the ears as of yet. I need to look over the ones I have handy. Currently thinking I might use the ones from this guy:

01-01.jpg

Or one of the ones from one of the ETB guys from the original AoS Starter set:

60010299006_WHAgeofSigmarBoxENG05.jpg

Regarding the skulls on the belly plate: I'll most likely keep them, but if they look odd, it won't be too difficult to remove them, thankfully. Then again, I kind of want this guy to be covered in skulls, since the fluff for Khadon is he's been at this for a long, long time (He was one of the last Terran recruits for the War Hounds)

I've done some work on my recent two ETL vows (yes, two :lol:), and just completed Vow 4.

Vow 3:
4FXLf45.jpg

Vow 4:
51H3mLY.jpg

My current issue is I'm unsure on what to do for my 5th and final vow. Can't do anything too crazy, not enough time left.

That and I've been wanting to make some Chosen for my World Eaters but.... The issue I've been having is I've been drawing a blank with how to do them. My Berzerkers are HEAVILY kitbashed, and I want the Chosen to be visually distinct from them (and also not cost more than the Berzerkers already do, what with requiring a 65 dollar kit and a 50 dollar kit :lol:). I've been thinking of using the new Chaos Marine kit and combining it with the World Eaters Chaos Marine upgrade pack from Forge World.

Good work on the ETL wows!

Regarding your idea for chosen, be aware that the torsos from the FW berserker set are quite small compared the the new marines. The shoulder pads are a bit smaller too, since they lack the rim on the new style of shoulder pads.

The new marines hold up pretty well to the blood warrior/mk3 conversion when it comes to their height, they are a bit less bulky though (blood warrior torsos are huge). I'm in the same boat atm, new plastics are nice but the old betrayer style berserkers just look larger and more brutal.

Good work on the ETL wows!

Regarding your idea for chosen, be aware that the torsos from the FW berserker set are quite small compared the the new marines. The shoulder pads are a bit smaller too, since they lack the rim on the new style of shoulder pads.

The new marines hold up pretty well to the blood warrior/mk3 conversion when it comes to their height, they are a bit less bulky though (blood warrior torsos are huge). I'm in the same boat atm, new plastics are nice but the old betrayer style berserkers just look larger and more brutal.

Thanks! And yeah, I've compared my Berzerkers to the Shadowspear Chaos Marines I have. The Berzerkers are a bit taller, but that seems to be due to the posing more than anything.

And I've had that thought, but my problem is that I don't have tons of spare Blood Warrior torso fronts to do like Krautscientist did on his test model. And the basic Chaos Marine kit doesn't have enough Khornate 'oomph' for me. However, I have had thoughts of figuring out a way to get the slightly smaller FW torsos onto the new Chaos Marines, I just need a kit of them.

I've got no issue with the shoulders being smaller, as it adds to the cobbled-together manner of how Chaos Marine Power Armour should be.

That being said, the Chosen being leaner compared to the Berzerkers could make sense: As the Chosen could be the World Eaters who HAVEN'T completely given into the Nails, and as such still use tactics other than "beat the thing to death in melee", so they'd go for armour that fits a more mobile fighting style.

That last paragraph actually makes a lot of sense, a bit ironic to have the chosen be the least corrupted too:)

I'm looking forward to what you come up with anyways!

I mean, Chaos is full of irony like that.

And likewise :lol:

Also, I just has a closer look at the FW upgrades.... It's not so much that the torsos are smaller as they're actually the same width and depth as the new ones, it's just that the new Chaos Marines actually have a midsection, unlike the FW ones. Which means, if you remove the 'belt' area of the FW torsos, and then smooth it out, you could put them on the new Chaos Marines midsections without any major issues, barring some Greenstuff work.

Quick mock-up of Khadon Drachstur now that I have the Exalted Deathbringer's belt buckle/belly plate:

s29pjyV.jpg

c4Op45g.jpg

RUbxoKr.jpg

I'm unsure if I want to put any other dangly bits like a loincloth or something.

Additionally, as you can see, I figured out the Bunny Ear solution for his armour :lol:

Nice! 

While looking at the pictures, the idea popped in my head that he might be a tad defensive about his facial scars: "No! I was not running with my lightning claws!"

Thanks!

And.... That's honestly a hilarious thought. A World Eater who's self-conscious about his scars (probably because he felt he was [or actually was] the epitome of rugged good looks? :lol:) is just a hilarious thing to visualize.

Khadon is sweet!

Thanks. But how about now?

Because here he is, with the cloak and loincloth. This is Khadon Drachstur's finalized version. All the major parts are together. And aside from some bits and bobs here and there, he's ready for paint:

T1aF2nk.jpg

LgDUVXw.jpg

7ABn5pc.jpg

H1iN68Z.jpg

Edited by Gederas

The skull-covered cape certainly honors Khorne. I hope to see the completed model soon. Suggestion for a base decoration: A headless corpse at Khadon Drachstur's feet, the lightning claws cradling the disembodied head, showing Khorne's Champion in the process of collecting another skull for his cape.

The skull-covered cape certainly honors Khorne. I hope to see the completed model soon. Suggestion for a base decoration: A headless corpse at Khadon Drachstur's feet, the lightning claws cradling the disembodied head, showing Khorne's Champion in the process of collecting another skull for his cape.

Thanks! And that'd be an interesting idea, but sadly, I don't think I'd be able to fit a majority of a corpse onto his base without it looking busy. Maybe another model.

He looks like a proper Lord now with the cape and cloth, great conversion.

Thank you! And yeah, the cape and loincloth was what was needed to give him that Chaos Lord oomph.

Very fine work.... very menacing:thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing him all painted up.

Thanks!

He probably won't be painted for a few weeks at the earliest. It's been too hot and humid where I am to even try spray priming indoors. :lol:

And a quick ETL update:

Got the base coat, along with shade and drybrush highlights, done on the frame Knight Warden (still needs a name) for House Dulon:

bqNOF96.jpg

Now I need to do the details, but the frame is otherwise done. Then it's just the armour plates. No base though, I don't know where my parts for doing Knight bases went :lol:

Also, I'm doing a little commission for a friend of mine:

ahoqUEV.jpg

Update, I have now finished the Knight and the Primaris LTs for the fifth and final vow of ETL VII:

GZRXIyC.jpg

IifNc3v.jpg

vBk8pyi.jpg

dkXYs9o.jpg

I even painted in the eyes, even though you'll never see them during gameplay. But I know they're there (they're painted with Corax White and Talassar Blue Contrast):
2n8GBec.jpg

And with the other members of the final vow:
M2DZnY7.jpg

In other news, I've figured out how to do the Blue-into-Green Metallic that Alpha Legion have:
3OZD56W.jpg

I know how you've already moved on to the next couple of projects, but I just have to get in some feedback on Khadon Drachstur: I love how, in spite of using some ideas from ElDuderino's and my conversions of the Abaddon model, you have still come up with a model that is very much an original character -- and a badass-looking one to boot! Is that the cloak from the plastic version of Skulltaker? It's a brilliant fit! I am also almost envious of the excellent job you have done making that crest fit on top of the armour.

I do. however, have some minor gripes with the model, which I hope you'll be able to use as constructive feedback: For one, I cannot shake the feeling that the pose was a bit tighter on the first mockup, especially where the orientation of the head is concerned. I would also get rid of the tabard underneath the dangling skulls, because it feels like the fabric takes some of the oomph away from those trophies. And I am actually not a fan of those new-fangled Lightning claws and would probably replace the actual claws, especially the "thumbs" -- but that last concern may just be my personal taste.

Anyway, a wonderfully chunky Khornate Lord in Terminator armour. What's not to like? :wink:

Edited by KrautScientist