Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MajorNese's AdMech reboot - project log

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

InKaras

InKaras

++AQUILA CÆRULEUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,250 posts

I've been looking at your log here and the work is incredible. makes me want to go Imperial Knights and even ad mech over the GK I thought about starting.

April 14th / 2010 A New Kidney for me, yeay!

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

I've been looking at your log here and the work is incredible. makes me want to go Imperial Knights and even ad mech over the GK I thought about starting.

Thank you. Well, GK are a bit singular in what you can do with them - details are already sculpted on, there's not much variety in the paint scheme or in the available kits. Which is why I prefer AdMech over any Astartes right now - as long as you don't run out of datasheets to convert for, you can build whatever you can cobble together. It's not like one forge world's stuff is the same as the other's, even if recent official fluff makes it look like that.

Knights are more of a canvas. Lots of 3rd party bitz, a lot of flat surfaces to decorate yourself, and large bases to build a scenery on. Yes, I haven't always used all of these options to the fullest, but the variety you can find online is impressive.

• InKaras and Shinespider like this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,301 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Beautiful work on the Warhound.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

Since the FLGS was allowed to open again, I picked up some colors, and as always, ended up with a bit of plastic as well. So, inbetween the big stuff that I had around for a year, these got done fresh out of the store:

aimg_1700p2jwv.jpg

Now it's back to my backlog. Besides my last (already WiP) big backlog model, I've also managed to grab a FW Magaera from a local store's spring cleaning. They used to import FW, but since that got easier with Paypal etc., no one needs a shop to do that for them. Now this one has been slightly cheaper than FW is right now, since FW decided to include a considerable price hike in their (now non-optional) currency conversion.

To clear the knightly Pile of Shame, this means two Moirax that I got from a friend and need some repairs, and said Magaera.

The AdMech codex and Marshall release could delay that a bit, but we'll see when that actually gets here.

• Focslain, Prot, Bjorn Firewalker and 2 others like this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,301 posts
Good job on the Armiger warsuits.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

Reaver is done. More engraving than the Warhound this time.

aimg_18691qjfi.jpg

aimg_1860zqkge.jpgaimg_1855icjin.jpg

Now I got 2 more Moiraxes and one Knight Magaera to finish, then my walker-based Pile of Shame is done (for now).

• Focslain, Magos Takatus, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,647 posts

Love that Reaver. Nowadays you have to look carefully to see if a Titan is 40k scale or an Adeptus Titanicus miniature. This must have taken quite some time to get the gradients on all those armour panels.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

Love that Reaver. Nowadays you have to look carefully to see if a Titan is 40k scale or an Adeptus Titanicus miniature. This must have taken quite some time to get the gradients on all those armour panels.

Yeah, Titanicus is insanely detailed and damn close to the full scale ones (at least for the Warhound, they measured every single bit by hand to digitalize it, so it is as close as possible). Once you compare the new Warmaster titan to a same-sized 40k knight, that level of detail simply doesn't compare in any way. A shame, otherwise it would have been a great count-as. Well, maybe some day as a conversion...

Since a friend asked about the total painting time of the Warhound, I measured it for this one, and it clocks in at 23h. The gradients don't take that long with my technique - any area that's not much wider than a GW Large Drybrush I can paint marginally slower than doing two coats of a solid color, by just having those two colors on said brush and doing two coats with that. Having the remaining areas mostly black with some details more than compensates that.

• Magos Takatus likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,301 posts
Impressive work on the Reaver.

Brother Desultor

Brother Desultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
  • Faction: Bone Harrowers

Beautifully smooth painting and those colour gradients are sublime.

"The adjective desultory comes from the word desultor, which was a circus rider who would leap from the back of one galloping horse onto another. From this literal sense of jumping from one thing to another, we get the modern meaning of desultory as jumping between things without a logical purpose."

This absolutely sums me up when it comes to hobby projects (and forum names)....

Previous attempts at forum names include Brother Ophamion, The Putrid One and Jarl Ranulf......

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

First mini in 3 months, my motivation is not getting better atm - unlike my photo gear. I had to test that triple flash setup on someone/something.

marshallxjjns.jpg

I even got the chance to play my first game of 9th against DG. It was quite bloody (tons of rerolls for plague weaponry, lack of buff bubble planning on my side), a narrow loss, but quite fun. And more interesting than many one-sided games of 8th.

• Focslain, Magos Takatus, Bjorn Firewalker and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,301 posts
Excellent work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users