He was dreaming. He knew he was dreaming. It always started the same.

The slow culminating headache gloom drummed into his awareness. The gloom cleared and he looked down at his hands. Gone was the pristine Imperial purple of his mark IV plate. A face had been pinned to his left vambrace. "Who's face is this?" he asked himself. His right vambrace and gauntlet were a shimmering purple, the color shifting in the light. Different shades of purple, blue and even pink shimmered on his vambrace. Colchisian script engraved his left vambrace. Colchisian? He remembered, or rather half-remembered: a token of esteem given to him. By who? A gift from a Word Bearer? He spat with disdain.

He looked up and he saw the walls of the outer palace. The walls were breached. An Imperator-class titan loomed in the near distance, it's mighty ordnance opening the defenses of the Imperial palace. Flames and smoke choked everything. Terra is under attack?!

He ran forward into the breach, his power spear gutting an emerging figure in yellow power armor, spilling his intestines. Blood gurgled out of the yellow armored warrior's mouth. The yellow figure slumped to the ground. On his back swing, he decapitated astartes in yellow. Yellow armor? A son of Dorn? What is going on? He looked at the spear-blade and marveled at the intricate engravings worked into the blade itself. Runes crawled and skittered across the surface. His headache boomed louder. Leathered human skin wrapped the adamantium shaft. He found comfort in his weapon and his grip tightened. He swore he could hear laughter.

Out of the smoke an lithe, graceful creature of pure beauty and horror sprang onto another son of Dorn seeking to flank him. The creature's hooked claws eviscerated the Imperial Fist. Blood coated the warp-spawned beauty. She looked at him and licked at the thick blood on her face with a tongue that was impossibly long. More of the lithe warp-spawn seemingly materialized out of the smoke. He smiled at her and she smiled back, wicked, spiked teeth slicked with blood.

He turned from the breach, looking to the habstacks of the Imperial City. The scent of burning promethium, smoke and blood filtered through his auto-senses. He laughed, the sound strange to him. It was thicker, yet more harmonious than his laugh. Was it his laugh? Again, he tightened his grip on his power-spear and again he felt reassured. Another dose of Fabius' combat stimulants pumped into his bloodstream. He felt agony and a rapturous euphoria. He laughed louder and the psychic-sonic shockwave powered through and were amplified by the screamers mounted into his pauldrons, clearing the path before him. He ran towards the habstacks, the daemonette and her sisters followed him.

He woke up and screamed. He was back aboard the Andronicus. A bust of Fulgrim smiled down on him from a shelf. Fulgrim. He knew Fulgrim. Fulgrim was his gene-sire, Primarch of the Emperor's Children. He was Darius Valerius, he was a prefector and member the Phoenix Guard. His star was justly, albeit finally, rising. Fulgrim had favored him much recently. He latched onto that fact that he had earned and carried such favor and pulled himself out his meditative state. The headache had reached it's crescendo and began to ebb. Blood trickled from his nose.

A sharp chrip sounded from the panel in the wall. He was being summoned for his augmentations. He didn't know how much longer he would be able to keep such an imperfection secret. Surely someone would find out. The alarm chimed again.

Best not keep the Spider waiting.

++++++++++INCOMING TRANSMISSION++++++++++

+++CYPHER ENCRYPTION DETECTED [[foxtrot//juliet//echo//kilo//six//three//six]]+++

+++ACCESS GRANTED+++

+++WAITING+++

+++WAITING+++

+++To:      Emperor's Children Battlebarge: Gloria Invicta. Location: [[REDACTED]]+++

+++Incoming Transmission. Ident: Eidolon, Lord Commander Primus of the Emperor's Children+++

+++Receiver: Communication Servitor 013-A1+++

Prefector Darius Valerius, your reinforcements are incoming. Third company veterans inbound on the Strike Cruiser, Claudii Nerones. Hold at all costs. Our gene-sire has seen fit to promote you again. Congratulations, Commander. Don't disappoint us.

+++To:      Eidolon, Lord Commander Primus of the Emperor's Children. Location: [[REDACTED]]+++

+++Incoming Transmission. Ident: Lord Commander Darius Valerius+++

+++Receiver: Communication Servitor 0988+++

Received and acknowledged. Death to the False Emperor.

It has begun.

4DQ7unv.jpg

Not much of an update. I've been busy at home, but I did get some extra supplies this weekend. 

zXIeJTm.jpg

I'm hoping to have more time this weekend. I won't be able to place my FW order until the end of this month. Damn you semi-monthly salary job.

CbsCP3Y.jpg

Terrific intro, you definitely have my interest.

Thanks. It's going to be slow at first. I have a very specific aesthetic I'm wanting to achieve and I don't think I have the greenstuff skills to do it. So I've been watching and reading a ton of tutorials.

Practice. Practice practice practice. And then practice some more. Oh, and keep your tools lubricated, either with Vaseline or water. Or saliva if need be.

You can watch all the tutorials the net has to offer, and yes you’ll pick up handy little tips here and there for fur, chain, etc. But honestly the best way to go is to just waste some GS by practicing.

Oh, and with the Citadel GS you have, make sure you cut off the thin area where the blue and yellow meet. It will have already cured a bit, so when you mix the two parts together, you’ll end up with cured, dry chunks that will ruin your day.

Practice. Practice practice practice. And then practice some more. Oh, and keep your tools lubricated, either with Vaseline or water. Or saliva if need be.

You can watch all the tutorials the net has to offer, and yes you’ll pick up handy little tips here and there for fur, chain, etc. But honestly the best way to go is to just waste some GS by practicing.

Oh, and with the Citadel GS you have, make sure you cut off the thin area where the blue and yellow meet. It will have already cured a bit, so when you mix the two parts together, you’ll end up with cured, dry chunks that will ruin your day.

Will do, thanks. I got this little bit to get me started and have already found, sourced, and ordered another 100 grams of kneadite and better sculpting tools. I'm super excited about the cable and tentacle rollmaker I've got on order. :wub: :biggrin.:

The most work I've ever done is gap filling or doing the soft armor ribbing on reposing.

• 4 weeks later...

bkCpOybm.jpg

Are you excited? I'm excited. FW cherry popped. Trophy unlocked.

I gotta figure out how I wanna base what I'm gonna be basing. What says the Frater? How should I start working on my bases? Cities of Death? Zone Mortalis? Help me pick a theme for my late Heresy/Seige of Terra/with some units doubling into 40k basing. I'm leaning towards Cities of Death, myself. Lots of rubble and such. I'm thinking I want to do a battle display board for the 40k side of my stuff, since I imagine that's mostly what I'll be getting to play. 

Cities of Death/Zone Mortalis could be an interesting idea, not gonna lie. Also, what on earth did you order? :laugh.:

I ordered half of what I really wanted to order. I got a decent sized bonus this month and it all went to hobby on the agreement from the wife that the next one I earn goes to the house.

Should I spoil what I ordered? Should I? I dunno... I'm pretty excited about this. Like barely able to contain myself levels of excitement.

It's all infantry models. No flyers or tanks yet. 35 infantry models with some accompanying bits and necessary pieces for conversion work and maybe a legion contemptor dreadnought. Maybe though. I can't confirm it. Bah... Who am I kidding?! I got a freakin' legion contemptor dreadnought and some bits for him too!

• 1 month later...

I love Zone Mortalis bases, but I think Cities of Death is more fitting for members of the 3rd. You could try to let the rubble look like marble, it would provide a nice contrast to purple/pink power armor!

I love Zone Mortalis bases, but I think Cities of Death is more fitting for members of the 3rd. You could try to let the rubble look like marble, it would provide a nice contrast to purple/pink power armor!

Never pink.

Where's the FW stash!?

I had to delay the order due to real life getting in the way. When it rains, it pours. I'm going to be starting with my plastics and have finally sourced and funded some parts (lots of plastic card and tubing) that I'm going to be using for basing. I need to get a jeweler's saw now so I can mess around with hacking apart the legs for reposing and getting them up to Primaris model height. 

Archived