Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =][=

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,591 posts
  • Faction: Vultures

POPULAR

Ok so I wasn't able to post earlier as I had planned so here it is short and sweet.

Today the B&C turns 19 years old!!

Thanks to you, the Frater, this place has become and continues to be one of the best places to discuss Space Marines and (more recently) 40k.

Next year we turn 20....it is gonna be big!

03d8bf92b7682b828f171816b28e1631.jpg

• Prot, Warhead01, Brother_Bethor and 58 others like this

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,144 posts
  • Faction: Stygian Lords
Happy birthday B&C!

Dragonlover
  • Kurgan the Lurker likes this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

19 years. Impressive really. I've seen forums come and go yet B&C continues onward

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Stark

Stark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

gallery_104866_14200_388175.gifgallery_104866_14200_542965.gifgallery_104866_14200_80701.gif

• Kurgan the Lurker, Brother_Bethor, Race Bannon and 3 others like this

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,687 posts
Yay, this place is old enough that I was using Aim and had dial up when it was born.
  • Kurgan the Lurker, Prot and The4thHorseman like this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Happy Birthday!! Heres to another 19 years!!!

Krash

• Kurgan the Lurker and walter h like this

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,350 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

Happy Birthday B&C!

Get the Beers in!

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,118 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard
Best forum ever! :wub:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Happy birthday to the best 40k forum out there.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,523 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

5700b41c-f908-4e8b-9eea-48e9e895a0b0.gif

Here's to another 19 years.

• Kurgan the Lurker, Race Bannon, walter h and 1 other like this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Semper Fortis

Semper Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 591 posts
  • Faction: VII Legion & Dark Angels
Hmmmm. So, we have the It Will Not Die rule? Impressive.

Happy birthday, B&C!
  • Kurgan the Lurker and Prot like this
"Semper Fortis" is the motto of the United States Navy, but please just call me Fortis
gallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_86689_11936_33283.jpggallery_86689_11936_2602.pnggallery_86689_11936_39392.pnggallery_86689_11936_1074.png

Zodd1888

Zodd1888

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
I was thinking disgustingly resilient ;)
  • Kurgan the Lurker and Prot like this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,315 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Well it certainly doesn't have Iron Hands trait, that's for sure because that only applies to infantry and dreadnoughts! -getting them 8th edition broadsides in while I can!-

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,875 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition
I was going to post a gif but I’ll never best Stark’s post.

Congrats. May the future be filled with butts kicked.
  • Kurgan the Lurker, Honda and Stark like this

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."
-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."
-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

gallery_48988_15465_5689.pnggallery_48988_15465_9618.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngVbg8STF.png

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,116 posts
  • Faction: The Nephilim

As forums everywhere are slowly dying, I am beyond thankful that the B&C still exists. This community is amazing and I would greatly lament it's loss.

“I bring you the symphony of war, the bliss of ecstasy and the rapture of a pain-filled death to our enemies.” –Fulgrim, prior to the raid of Prismatica V
"No sacrifice, no degradation and no bliss will exist beyond our reach. I have such sights to show you all, my sons." –Fulgrim, spoken at the stage of La Fenice

"There will come a day when we are not bound by the wills of those child-gods. For now, we must do as we have learned to – prosecute their wars, pretend we are the masters of our own fate." –Eidolon, prior to the defense of the Kalium Gate

WIP Log: Something Wicked This Way Comes

ECPHBanner.pngECBanner.jpg

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 429 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
Glad to have found this place, and gotten back into the hobby after over 15 years mostly because of the inspiration from you all! Cheers!
  • Kurgan the Lurker and The Nephilim like this

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Happy Birthday Bolter & Chainsword!

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,303 posts
Wow, 19 years, in Australia that makes B&C old enough to drink, vote and die in a war. I’ve been with the forum for about 11 years now and since then I’ve seen it grow and develop into something pretty awesome, where other places on the net have been slowly dying like Heresy Online and Warseer, or have degenerated into something not worth visiting like BoLS. Congrats all, and thank you to Argos and his administrative and moderrating teams. Here’s to another nineteen.
  • Kurgan the Lurker and Honda like this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,481 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

It's odd to think about. I got into 40k a little over 20 years ago. In that time, I've seen GW's website go from a few static pages to a social-media linked webstore. I've watched websites like B&C and ImpLit go from rudimentary forums of mostly text to sprawling, feature filled information hubs.

It's also weird to imagine that many members of this board were born after it was created... huh.png

• Kurgan the Lurker, Felix Antipodes, Honda and 5 others like this

4bVlhOy.jpg

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

KaosRaptor

KaosRaptor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Wow, the B&C isn't much younger than me! ohmy.png Happy birthday!

Also, shout-out to everyone that keeps the B&C going, and to the amazing community it's fostered. We wouldn't be here without you!

Orpheus108

Orpheus108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 343 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard,
Happy Birthday B&C

Here's to another great 19 years
15.jpg

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,518 posts

Birthday&Cake?

derLumpi

derLumpi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 706 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Imperial Knights

Happy Birthday B&C! Best place to be! :)

Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,721 posts
The B&C would love a birthday gift in the donation PayPal I'm sure :)

Edited by Emicus, 20 April 2018 - 07:12 AM.

• Kurgan the Lurker and Stark like this

Corswain

Corswain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,816 posts
  • Faction: Ist, IVth and VIIIth Legions
I knew the B&C had been around a while but 19 years!?!?

Happy Birthday!

And a big thank you to the Mods and Admin team, past and present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users