+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I don't think I've ever seen such high completion rate among first vows... That said there are still some second vows left unfinished...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Then let's fix that!

Vow #2 Complete

gallery_93928_14585_930381.jpg

As for the rest of y'all I ran out of likes but bravo to every ones posts I couldn't get to. For a rush job on a 3-man unit, I'm satisfied with where they are at now to post, with a little more time I would have done some light drybrushing and would have gone back over the red to smooth out the wash marks. Still trying to get an idea on what a good paint/water ratio is and how building up an off-white color throws all that out the window.

That's me done and it was an honor painting with everyone :D

Sorry guys, it's been some really hectic weeks (well months actually but the past weeks especially) and I didn't get back to my models to take some pictures and I'm off to a festival for the next few days in not even an hour.

Pathetic for such a small vow, I know. Especially since they're standing there at home finished and everything waiting for their picture. Like literally. I posed them up and everything when I finished the last details.

I guess I'll have to add more details and maybe even proper bases for the From Rage to Salvation event to save my soul. :unsure.:

In that case, congrats on the completion! I like the gritty look you've achieved throughout; they've certainly seen a lot of action. How did the tournament go?

Also, how did you go about doing the Flamerback conversion?

Tournament report will be going in my Chaos WIP.

The heavy flamer turret is kind of unfinished (the triggers don't connect to the gun and it should have a camera sight on the shield) but I started it years ago so I gave up on getting it right.

Its basically just a normal storm bolter hatch with two dreadnought heavy flamers pinned where the bolter should go. Then there's a cut to fit base at the bottom so its wide enough for the turret mount and the gunshield is plasticard with a normal rhino aquila.

sfPanzer, is there nobody at home that could take a phone pic and send it to you?

Nope. There's literally no chance to get a pic before the end of the event anymore unfortunately. Unless someone breaks in and sends me some lol

sfPanzer, is there nobody at home that could take a phone pic and send it to you?

Nope. There's literally no chance to get a pic before the end of the event anymore unfortunately. Unless someone breaks in and sends me some lol

PM us your address.

Joking!!! :tu:

med_gallery_101149_13675_53215.jpg

Ughhhhh…

Have not had much time for hobbying. These guys are done, tabletop quality. I've been pressed for time and spent most of the evening looking for my son's bike which was stolen off of our porch.

No luck.

Anyway, cheers blood angels.

I'm not sure I added up the points during my pledge. These are … 2 TH, 1 PS, 1 inferno pistol along with jump packs. That should be 144 points if I'm not mistaken.

No matter what the final score is, I’m really impressed about the effort that a lot of people has put on this competition. At the moment the completion rate seems to be around 85%, so it has really been a team effort. Well done battle brothers!

There is still a little over 5 hours for someone to paint a titan ;)

I don't think I've ever seen such high completion rate among first vows... That said there are still some second vows left unfinished...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Then let's fix that!

Vow #2 Complete

As for the rest of y'all I ran out of likes but bravo to every ones posts I couldn't get to. For a rush job on a 3-man unit, I'm satisfied with where they are at now to post, with a little more time I would have done some light drybrushing and would have gone back over the red to smooth out the wash marks. Still trying to get an idea on what a good paint/water ratio is and how building up an off-white color throws all that out the window.

That's me done and it was an honor painting with everyone :biggrin.:

two things help me with my whites. First Lahmian Medium, or Velajo Airbrush thinner. both are amazing and I'll always advocate for either with reguards to thinning white proper. I usually also base in celestial grey, and then move to Ulthuan, followed by high lights of white scar with either nuln oil or agrax earthshade as my shade of choice. That's what I do for my Carmine Blades.

No matter what the final score is, I’m really impressed about the effort that a lot of people has put on this competition. At the moment the completion rate seems to be around 85%, so it has really been a team effort. Well done battle brothers!

There is still a little over 5 hours for someone to paint a titan ;)

Hear, hear!

As regards the Titan, “I would love it if we beat them” :D ;)

I tried to sum up without making a mistake, no promises there...

At this moment we are at 40345 completed points, while the Heretic Astartes are at 43906.

If this is correct then we need a Sanguinor intervention!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Then let's fix that!

Vow #2 Complete

That's me done and it was an honor painting with everyone :biggrin.:

two things help me with my whites. First Lahmian Medium, or Velajo Airbrush thinner. both are amazing and I'll always advocate for either with reguards to thinning white proper. I usually also base in celestial grey, and then move to Ulthuan, followed by high lights of white scar with either nuln oil or agrax earthshade as my shade of choice. That's what I do for my Carmine Blades.

I do have to say that the citadel paint gray > white scheme works quite well. I sometimes feel like I don't even need the White Scar highlights at the end.

At this moment we are at 40345 completed points, while the Heretic Astartes are at 43906.

Well.....considering that a single subfaction (BA) is going punch-for-punch with the entire weight of the traitor legions combined I would say that's something to be proud of. Mirrors the efforts of the IX on the walls of the Imperial Palace, eh?

But there are also other factors which affect the final outcome like Completion rate and and participants? Basically thr CR Score is more than just Total Points Completed, right?

So we're gonna be close.

As far as I understand, the final score is completion rate percentage of the completed score. So with about 87% completion rate we will have good score.

Might be that I have misunderstood something... :)

More or less. However we subtract from the completed points the vows from those who did not complete a second or subsequent vow. So it is important to keep in mind when you re-vow that all your previously completed points will be nullified if you fail to deliver...

I didn't include in the count points from completed first vows if the second and following were incomplete.

I agree with Indefragable that as a single chapter we have taken on the entire traitor hordes, as our other loyalist brother haven't...

I believe next time it would be fairer to separate the factions in the two big and generic codexes of Adeptus Astartes and Heretic Astartes.

My signature points to the truth...

Archived