Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brotherhood of the Shattered Moon. A White Scars plog.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ CICATRIX ASCENSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
Thanks man!

Finally done with the outriders, on to the jetbikes:

1C01A32FC6F1416A9647.jpeg
C35C0BE48A3A4C61A243.jpeg
EBCE14C346954A8EA2F7.jpeg

• Prot, RolandTHTG and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,786 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The twin plasmaguns' lighting effects are well done. Again, good job on the bikes.
  • Johanhgg likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts

Warrior
You fight for meaning
Live for justice
Celebrate life

Warrior
Your life is a flower
A ray of hope
Encouraging all

92EE0B3A4B3C4AD0BFC6.jpeg
  • RolandTHTG and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,786 posts
Good job on the jetbikes. The poem is well-written.

Warrior
Your life is a flower
A ray of hope
Encouraging all

Comparing a warrior's life to a flower, seems Japanese instead of Mongolian. Will you add auxiliaries (count as Astra Militarum guardsmen) dressed as samurai, to your army? The Mongols did launch two (unsuccessful) invasions of Japan.
  • Johanhgg likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts

Good job on the jetbikes. The poem is well-written.

Warrior
Your life is a flower
A ray of hope
Encouraging all

Comparing a warrior's life to a flower, seems Japanese instead of Mongolian. Will you add auxiliaries (count as Astra Militarum guardsmen) dressed as samurai, to your army? The Mongols did launch two (unsuccessful) invasions of Japan.

:) i havent decided yet, maybe!

Another sin for the scars yesterday evening. This time the thousand sons got cleansed. Some pictures:

D941EF0C35C84F58A54C.jpeg
89AEFF8F2DDF4E6892D6.jpeg
D45894CC43284E0183CB.jpeg
C534DDA20AF84532A04F.jpeg
DE7CFB096BFE4EB48E5F.jpeg

• Prot and SanguinaryGuardsman like this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Nice pics! I bet you can't wait for that extra wound on the old school bikers? Or are those all being played as outriders?

Was it a close game?

• Johanhgg likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts

Nice pics! I bet you can't wait for that extra wound on the old school bikers? Or are those all being played as outriders?

Was it a close game?

hehe you’re right, can’t wait :)

We did the sabotage-mission, playing crusade narrative-games, I blew up 3 objectives and killed more units so 70-20, best part is my two assault intercessor-squads gathered enough exp to level up, now they’re even more dangerous :)

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

That sounds like a great time. I am trying to put together a Crusade with a core group of players. (I'm typically the guy who puts these things together.)

Are you just using the limited crusade missions in the rulebook? Did you order the new crusade pack?

• Johanhgg likes this

Click to see....

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts

That sounds like a great time. I am trying to put together a Crusade with a core group of players. (I'm typically the guy who puts these things together.)

Are you just using the limited crusade missions in the rulebook? Did you order the new crusade pack?

Yeah crusade is the best most entertaining thing yet, GW did a great job here. Your army really becomes your army, gathering XP, learning new traits/better equipment or getting hurt and gets an disadvantage. It’s really fun, can’t recommend it enough.

I haven’t but my gaiminggroup have, they are a bunch of role playing-guys and they have written huge fluff of their armies and the battles becomes a story, very fun. My scars has 2/2 wins vs death guard and thousand suns, they really underestimated the scars, but they’ll learn. I’m going to play orks and custodes soon, but first I’m going to battle death guard again, this time with my salamanders )
  • Prot likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
“ I fear none but see all,
My dragon comes when I call.
I control the elements upon my mind,
As they swirl within time.

I stand firm and tall,
Waving my sword in the wind.”

-Dark jewel the wolf

7061E8298722475493D6.jpeg
D22D0C68B266432188AE.jpeg

• Prot, RolandTHTG and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Great job. I like how you've done the eyes as well. Is that a wash over white lenses?

Click to see....

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,786 posts
Again, fine works.

“ I fear none but see all,
My dragon comes when I call.
I control the elements upon my mind,
As they swirl within time.

I stand firm and tall,
Waving my sword in the wind.”

-Dark jewel the wolf

Is Dark Jewel a Stormseer, i.e., Librarian? The line "I control the elements upon my mind," made me think he's a psyker.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
Yeah he will be eventually:)

More work:

4269719D33634713B8E9.jpeg
1BDD4CA618BA4D758976.jpeg

• Prot, Bjorn Firewalker and SanguinaryGuardsman like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,786 posts
Good job on the Great Crusade-era Assault Squad. The plasma and power weapons' blue lighting effect is beautifully done.
  • Johanhgg likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

Agreed. The blue hues are a great contrast to all the white and red. Well done. 

• Johanhgg likes this

Click to see....

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
Thanks guys!

Tonight my scars will face off against death guard again, added a vanguard veteran squad and more Reivers to my crusade-list.

Later this month my 30k scars will face off against nightlords which will be great!
  • Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

I've heard rumours about the DR saves for Deathguard changing but I have no idea if it's true. I think it is one heck of a tough army in 9th though, so good luck. Night Lords would be quite a thematic match up!

• Johanhgg likes this

Click to see....

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
Yeah the mission was assasinate which meant I had to kill that DG daemon prince..all castled up with multiple auras and sorcerers...I just could not find a viable way to attack, turn 3 90% of my army was dead and DG had lost 3 models....nothing worked....turn 4 I managed to drop in revivers and vanguard veterans which succeeded in charging together with my khan on bike.....

He had a dude with some relic which gave him first strike in the combat phase even tho I charged. That meant I had my khan with 2 wounds left and a reiver.

Next fight phase my khan rolled horrible and plinked one wound of the DP. He struck back and killed the reiver and the khan....then it happened..I played only in death does duty end and rolled very good killing the DP and thus winning the game 😀😀 I hade 1 culexus assassin left on board, nothing more, he had almost an intact army but it didn’t matter. This is the third time I beat that death guard player in a row, but this one was so close it can get.

More scars done tonight:

4DC51189A7574C5CB4CD.jpeg
B624418A404D423A8717.jpeg
F78FA0311831420EAF8C.jpeg
336B36D7150C4DBC86A6.jpeg

• SanguinaryGuardsman likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
My collected scars, couldn’t fit some units and vehicles on the shelf:)

D59A748FC0AF4260B01E.jpeg
D14E489B0A6140F1A3D1.jpeg
FCF19CF251434BEAA6B5.jpeg

• 6262, RolandTHTG, Bjorn Firewalker and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,786 posts
A fine army, one worthy of serving the Great Khan and the Emperor.
  • Johanhgg likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
Thanks Bjorn! Im not done yet tho :)

Burgediin Sarhvu, the Falcon’s claws. Stealthy as the Ravens, cunning like the wolves of Fenris and ferocious like a son of Angron.

74959478858A4D71804C.jpeg
3C5AEDC021A4497582EB.jpeg

• Prot, RolandTHTG, Bjorn Firewalker and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,786 posts
The White Scars Scouts look like warboys from Mad Max: Fury Road- appropriate for the Great Khan's sons.
  • Johanhgg likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
😀 you’re right! Very funny!

These marines mark the end of my tactical squads and assault squad. Pretty significant i feel.

My white scars-project begun two years ago, with two complete strippings and evolving of painting-scheme, these guys mark something important; I can complete an army and be happy about it!

For the Khagan.

3EC4B88BAC3C48D3ADB8.jpeg
B86A3984C6C04B5D97AA.jpeg

• Prot, 6262 and RolandTHTG like this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,664 posts
Trying to make the calth-dread more interesting:

82DED51BA7314A4B9482.jpeg
5F87D478D50B4FD68CAC.jpeg

• SanguinaryGuardsman likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,841 posts

He looks great. Great touches on the armour with the markings. 

So out of curiosity, how do you like this load out? (I've been using the Multimelta/fist load out with my Custodes)

Click to see....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)