More of a break from the Carnival, and an attempt to clear some backlog. Back to Oldhammer.
First up, trying to finish up what I've got for the Black Legion. I had an old metal Abaddon in a job lot that I picked up for cheap a long time ago, and obviously I'm wanting to do him justice. IDK why the model got so much hate. His arms don't seem that short. Currently trying to work out how I want to paint the sword, and this is where I'm at AMT:
Otherwise, I took half a day and did some serious stripping and scrubbing. Ended up applying oven cleaner to have a go at the thick enamel paint that I couldn't get off the plastic. Harshest thing I've ever done to a model. With almost all of the cleaning done, I went straight to assembly. Things escalated quickly from there.
I should have enough parts to build a Predator and a Whirlwind. Both will be magnetised to be able to make one a Rhino, so I can field all three combinations. Not easy, and required emergency sourcing of spares when I realised that some of the parts I had were damaged beyond repair. But, getting there. The Predator is built and not really showing its age.
I'm aiming at having all my remaining vehicles built before Feb 25, which is the deadline for a painting competition I'm intending to sign up for. Ambitious schedule: wanting to get 1000 points painted in 6 months. I've no hope getting there, ever, if I don't even have the models built. There's an old Mk I Land Raider in the mix as well, so I'll be busy. Planning to update here accordingly. Thanks for reading.