Jolemai

+ + + INCOMING TRANSMISSION + + +

Once more our Death Company will take to the field, with a final chance to grasp salvation from the jaws of damnation. Will you let them endure the trial alone?

gallery_62972_10568_40937.jpg

++ FROM RAGE TO SALVATION 2018 ++

++ 10/09/2018 ++

+ + + TRANSMISSION ENDS + + +

+ + + INCOMING TRANSMISSION + + +

med_gallery_62972_10568_113192.jpg

In order to keep the Black Rage in check, on the eve of battle the Blood Angels bend their thoughts to prayer and to the sacrifice of their Primarch so many centuries ago. Chaplains move from Frater to Frater, blessing each in turn and noting those amongst the brotherhood whose eyes may appear a little glazed, or whose speech is slurred or over excited. Some, almost all, overcome the ancient intrusion into their minds. Much of the Frater’s training is directed at controlling it, beating it down into the depths of their being, but for some the imprint of Sanguinius is too strong, the memories too loud and demanding. As the Captain Semper dictates the E Tenebrae Lux, - the Bolter and Chainsword’s very own Mass of Doom - the chosen ones fall into the arms of their priests, and are taken away to form the Death Company.

To join the Death Company is to consign oneself to destruction. These Frater seek only to atone for their failure; a last chance at salvation is far preferable to the slow slide into blood-madness. Their avatar is repainted black, and decorated with red saltires that symbolise Sanguinius’ wounds at the Arch Procrastinator’s hands. Honour scrolls are affixed to their signatures, commemorations of their actions in life and affirmations of their worth, even in these dark times.

It is to the Chaplains that the task of leading these lost souls normally falls, for their zeal can cut through the madness of their Death Company brethren and help shepherd them toward the foe. However, strong-willed Blood Angels heroes, and even the gold-armoured Moderators, have demonstrated the ability to direct these fallen warriors into the fight. It is the duty of these individuals to ensure that their comrades’ tragic sacrifice counts for all that it possibly can. After all, every Blood Angel who succumbs is a heroic protector of Humanity, and has more than earned the opportunity to attain peace. Furthermore, the Death Company can be a fearsome and tide-turning weapon if properly deployed.

However, the Death Company never take to the field alone...

The rage within us is the Blood Angels' darkest secret and greatest curse, but it is also their greatest salvation, for it brings with it a humility and understanding of their own failings which make the Blood Angels the most truly noble of the Frater Domus. Take to the field with these lost souls, help them cast aside their rage and reclaim their honour, help them finally gain their salvation.

+ + + TRANSMISSION ENDS + + +

Well said brother Chaplin. I am deeply concerned as to their future with our Primarchs return all but confirmed.

Painting a 3rd squad at the moment although I probably should completely finish the first 2 squads 100% (:cuss you Geedubs for making me paint 35% more bases we I could never be stuffed painting the original smaller bases).

If I can ever figure out how to link photos on this site then I will.

Someone said upload through profile but I cant see it.

RTS is unfinished models correct? For those whi choose to join willingly & not based on incomplete vows? Like I can submit either an unassembled to completion model, or a WIP model to be finished within the allotted time?

At it's heart, the From Rage to Salvation event has always been about getting Frater to complete what they are currently working on - this could be anything from something currently on your paint desk, to a half-completed job that's gathering dust, to something untouched from your backlog. It's basically up to you but it needs to be something that requires some work - basically giving something an edge highlight and calling it done wont suffice.*

Now the event has evolved over the years to have more guidance on how and what you vow, but it's still pretty much a free reign. Here's the link to last year's event.

* However, this would be an eligible secondary vow (see link)...

Well said brother Chaplin. I am deeply concerned as to their future with our Primarchs return all but confirmed.

Painting a 3rd squad at the moment although I probably should completely finish the first 2 squads 100% (:censored: you Geedubs for making me paint 35% more bases we I could never be stuffed painting the original smaller bases).

If I can ever figure out how to link photos on this site then I will.

Someone said upload through profile but I cant see it.

Sorry about the late reply, I've been offline for the past ten days or so. Here's a guide @Captain Semper wrote for this year's E Tenebrae Lux:

Q: How do I post pics in a thread?

Well, there are many ways to do that: If you have already uploaded it in an image-hosting site, you can copy the image address and then paste it straight to your post using the “image” tool at the menu of your post editor. 

However, we always recommend you use the B&C gallery. If you’re not familiar with this feature, you can find a quick walkthrough below. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Uploading pictures from your PC to the B&C Gallery

Step 1: go to Gallery. The link to the Gallery can be found in the top menu of B&C home screen.

Step 2: Once in the Gallery click on the red “upload” button that can be found on the top side

Step 3: Youget the option the either create a new album or select an existing album or select category. Assuming you’re a first time user of this feature click on “Create a New Album”

Step 4: Name your Album (e.g. ETL VI) and if you want you may add a description (e.g. miniatures painted for the 2018 ETL event). You may then assign it to a specific category to reflect the theme of the content or just leave it at the default “The Bolter & Chainsword”. You can further customise this by allowing/disallowing comments and/or ratings.

Step 5: Once you’ve created the album you may start uploading the pictures from your PC. To do that you click on “Choose File” button and then select the pics you want to upload from your PC. Make double sure that the pics a B&C appropriate.

Step 6: Once the pics are uploaded, click on the “Review & Publish” button located at the bottom right of the screen. Here, for each picture, you can add tags, rotate the image add a tittle and a description. Once you’re happy with it, click the “Finish and Publish” button at the bottom of the screen. The pictures are uploaded to your gallery!

Posting picture from your gallery to a thread

Step 1: Go to your gallery and select the album that contains the pics you want to post (e.g. ETL VI)

Step 2: Select the picture you want and double-click on it so it will become enlarged. By right-clicking on it you will be offered the option to select size. The options are “Thumbnail”, “Small”, “Medium”, “Large”. Select the size you want (e.g. “Medium”).

Step 3: You then can copy the image straight (or copy the image address) and paste it in your post (or use the the image function in your post editor to paste the image address). Now you should have your picture visible in your post.

You have my blade, Reclusiarch! 

What have you got in mind/what are you currently working on?

I'm in two minds at the moment. On the one hand I could fully complete my two Drop Pods but on the other I really should do my Cerberus justice...

What have you got in mind/what are you currently working on?

I'm in two minds at the moment. On the one hand I could fully complete my two Drop Pods but on the other I really should do my Cerberus justice...

Oh, my Pile of Shame is so big I'm spoiled for choices ;) However I would very much like to work on those projects I have started and never completed. At the moment I'm thinking:

- squad of 3 Aggressors - because I have started those last week. They are almost built, and partly basecoated. I needd to complete them, because its almost impossible to paint them right after assembly (especially the heads inside those hoods).

- TDA Chaplain - because it's such a beautiful model and one of the first I have bought. I have started painting him 2 or 3 years ago, so we have a history :)

- Tactical squad - another old project. I have started those waaay in the 7th edition, then stopped and then the 8th came and they became redundant. But they really deserve more love from me.

And then maybe I will do my JP Captain... You can see him in my avatar all grey in his Blender incarnation. Right now he is basecoated, but I would really like to do him justice. If I pledge him, I will definitely paint both his Hammer/Combi-melta as well as double LC sets.

Right, that is why I plan to only complete some of the already started projects. If they can add to the community, that's even better.
Does this look a bit too bold? I'll check previous year entries for comparison.

EDIT: Right, I've checked and I see what you mean :smile.: Still, I would very much like to move some of the listed projects. 3 months is a lot of time.

Count me in!

Haven’t touched a brush after the ETL, so it is about time to start working on something. I definitely need to do the land speeder storm and scout bikers, as I have thought of painting them next for about a half a year now. :)

I also have some death company dudes that would fit the theme.

Count me in!

Haven’t touched a brush after the ETL, so it is about time to start working on something. I definitely need to do the land speeder storm and scout bikers, as I have thought of painting them next for about a half a year now. :smile.:

I also have some death company dudes that would fit the theme.

Up to you entirely :) Something that's been on your mind for the past year and a half is a great candidate for the RTS, however, make sure you leave some unbuilt stuff for our historic ETL defense next year!!!

(seriously, that doesn't get old) :happy.::happy.::happy.:

I have a Leviathan of a failed ETL pledge I need to do something about...

Indeed, and the Death Company awaits you!

By Sanguinius, I need to redeem myself after my poor showing this summer. Let's get to it!

Got anything in mind?

I have a Leviathan of a failed ETL pledge I need to do something about...

Indeed, and the Death Company awaits you!

By Sanguinius, I need to redeem myself after my poor showing this summer. Let's get to it!

Got anything in mind?

I got a Xiphon Interceptor that should be taking it's place as the centerpiece of my army. It's only basecoated. Perfect redemption material. Plus finishing off the two Dreads I originally vowed!

Got anything in mind?

I got a Xiphon Interceptor that should be taking it's place as the centerpiece of my army. It's only basecoated. Perfect redemption material. Plus finishing off the two Dreads I originally vowed!

Oh? Who were those Dreadnoughts vowed for? Checked our thread* and they weren't on there...

* I do love an excuse to view our Outpost. Can't possibly imagine why that is...

Got anything in mind?

Oh? Who were those Dreadnoughts vowed for? Checked our thread* and they weren't on there...

* I do love an excuse to view our Outpost. Can't possibly imagine why that is...

I mean, technically I pledged to AoD... but what's a few millennia between battle brothers, right guys?

Guys?

No matter the millennium, we're all the sons of Sanguinius.

I'm looking forward to finishing some Blood Angels models again. Been focusing on Knights since that codex came out. I need to paint red again. I have some Intercessors, Sanguinary Guard, and Assault Squad that I want to get painted. 

So, I’m currently working on some White Scars. Am I right in thinking that as long as my primary vow is Blood Angels, I can secondary vow the allied Scars?

Or am I better off just sticking to Blood Angels for this event?

So, I’m currently working on some White Scars. Am I right in thinking that as long as my primary vow is Blood Angels, I can secondary vow the allied Scars?

Or am I better off just sticking to Blood Angels for this event?

This is actually covered in our FAQ. For convenience, here it is :)

Q: Why are Allies not allowed within the RTS when there are non-BA choices to choose from?

A: Allies are not a valid choice for the RTS as this is a BA event. However, there are exceptions. The Secondary Vow exceptions are those which often appear as singular units alongside BA forces and ones which many Frater have in their collections but are considered illegal to paint for the ETL.

However, allow me to expand my reasoning. First off, the event has always been a wholly BA event and that will always continue. However, I've added in a few exceptions like Assassins and whatnot as pretty much everyone has these but there are no events that cover us being able to paint them. The ETL does no permit us to vow Assassins and it no longer permits us being able to vow Cypher (it did for the previous five events). What motivation do we have to paint these units besides our own desire to use them? These "tag ons" have appeared alongside our forces since 40k first began and it would be nice to see them added. Note that this list isn't exhaustive (i.e no Inquisitorial Warbands) and their are definitely no major players to be involved.

Thanks for highlighting it :tu:

Archived