Captain Semper's Adeptus Titanicus project

Captain Semper

First of all you’re right of being paranoid - the proper way to do it is to clip them off and then paint them.

The only thing is that saves it here (I hope) is that the sprue is attached to the rims that will be cut off and then filed and then painted by hand. I hope to pull it off. :unsure:

First of all you’re right of being paranoid - the proper way to do it is to clip them off and then paint them.

The only thing is that saves it here (I hope) is that the sprue is attached to the rims that will be cut off and then filed and then painted by hand. I hope to pull it off. :unsure:

I think the alternative might be to clip all the points except one and bend the piece slightly so that you can cover the model with exception to the point

I painted both my Warlords' armour on the sprue, trim and all, it's muuuuch less fiddly, and planning on doing the same with my Reavers.

Somebody saw it on my Instagram and couldn't believe it!  Once you're done you clip off and clean up the connecting parts with a file and go back in with your trim colour. It's the work of two minutes, no bother! 

I painted both my Warlords' armour on the sprue, trim and all, it's muuuuch less fiddly, and planning on doing the same with my Reavers.

Somebody saw it on my Instagram and couldn't believe it! Once you're done you clip off and clean up the connecting parts with a file and go back in with your trim colour. It's the work of two minutes, no bother!

The trim sticks on there without issue? I guess if you varnish it afterward you should be ok but that still sketches me out

Somebody saw it on my Instagram and couldn't believe it! Once you're done you clip off and clean up the connecting parts with a file and go back in with your trim colour. It's the work of two minutes, no bother!

The trim sticks on there without issue? I guess if you varnish it afterward you should be ok but that still sketches me out

Not sure what you're asking, mate,  but I just paint (airbrush) the whole panel, trim and all, on the sprue, then when I'm done, clip them all off, file down any lumps, then reapply the trim metals to the spots where the panels were clipped off. I do varnish afterwards but that's just for decal application and protection.

It probably wouldn't be worth the effort if the airbrushed parts connected to the sprue, as it'd be really troublesome to re-airbrush the clipped-off areas.

OT: Nice to see you back in the game, Captain!

Right, undercoated Gun Metal by Army Painter, bathed in Nuln Oil to make it as dark as possible, dry-brushed again with Army Painter Gun Metal.

gallery_27176_14912_39688.jpg

And started again n the top bit: Balthazar Gold, Reikland Shade (liberally), Sycorax highlight. The latter applied vertically using a dry-brush.

Now the green is Army Painter Army Green and, wait for it, Mechanicum Grey in a 3:1 mix. The bit with the void shields is as yet untouched...

gallery_27176_14912_165500.jpg

And just as a preview:

gallery_27176_14912_98608.jpg

OK, some more progress - the upper body sans weapons and head is complete:

gallery_27176_14912_226484.jpg

gallery_27176_14912_84204.jpg

gallery_27176_14912_76360.jpg

gallery_27176_14912_92902.jpg

gallery_27176_14912_75536.jpg

So, what colour foe the head? I'm open to suggestions. :smile.:

I could be the same colours of the body (boring but viable) or it could be something else like black or red...

Yeah, I might go for black...

But out of the blue, disaster struck:

The lower leg armour of the left foot won't fit because of the dynamic pose I stupidly chose for the Warlord. :wallbash: :furious:

I think, this might be a major issue now. Does anyone have any suggestion? Is there an equivalent for Dettol only for plastic glue? (I know there isn't - I'm just too desperate now).

Look:

med_gallery_27176_14912_176473.jpg

med_gallery_27176_14912_19941.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: