Grotsmasha's Challenge 10: Duels and Dioramas Sign-Up

Grotsmasha

Completion Thread

gallery_48988_10069_499985.png

Alright everyone, we're back. We're starting a little late, but not so late that I'll be altering the Completion date

RULES:

1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.

2- There's two options for the bases;

---> Scratch built base, no additional requirements.

---> Purchased base, if you choose to buy a sculpted base, your Duel/Diorama will need to be accompanied with a small fluff piece centred on the Duel/Diorama.

3-A: Duels and Dioramas: Minimum two models, 60mm base minimum.

3-B: Diorama/Recreate Character: Provided base minimum (but I'd love to see some FW-style base-in-base style larger bases). Any Character from any Ed. of 40k based game (Necromunda, Gorka Morka etc) will be acceptable.

3-C: Counts-As submissions are acceptable, but must also conform to WYSIWYG for the rules used.

4-A: Maximum of 25% from existing models in Metal/Finecast, and any Plastic Independent/Named Characters:
---25% consists of the following combinations;
--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model
---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models
---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models
---Torso- 25%
---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.

4-B: If recreating a Named Character, you cannot use any pieces from the original model.
5- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt.

6- No unit type restrictions, get creative.
7- 2 calendar month build time, October 1st 2018 til December 2nd 2018, this guarantees everyone gets the full 2 months.
8- Multiple entries per user.
9- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start. You may declare Participation at any stage of the event from Oct 1st to midnight Nov 30th 2018.

10- If this challenge doesn't catch your fancy, all previous challenges may be declared and completed within the time frame of this event, entitling you to those challenge specific banners and pips.

HOW TO ENTER:

Declare your participation;

I, { insert your name here }, undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Diorama's Challenge to create one Duel or Diorama by December 2nd, 2018.

Then, once your entry is complete, post it in the Completions Thread in the following 5 picture format,

Front

gallery_48988_6285_182194.jpg

Left

gallery_48988_6285_222272.jpg

Rear

gallery_48988_6285_294998.jpg

Right

gallery_48988_6285_235544.jpg

3-View - A raised or lowered shot covering the two sides of the entry.

gallery_48988_6285_291039.jpg

Then put this Banner or Pip in your Sig. A separate Completion Banner and Pip will be available in the Completion Thread.

gallery_48988_10069_47207.png gallery_48988_10069_10923.png

If you wish to complete a previous Challenge, here are some updated Chaplains, Librarians, Captains, and Adepts of Mars Participation Pips.

(I will be adding the other Pips as they are completed)

gallery_48988_10069_7755.png gallery_48988_10069_646.png gallery_48988_10069_4030.png gallery_48988_10069_7839.png

If anyone needs clarification, or has any questions, please ask :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jono

Will anyone else rise to the Challenge??

I would, but I have a question that I need answered before I commit:

Two of my current projects are Deathwatch and Orks. I was thinking of possibly doing a duel diorama with both a Deathwatch member and the Bad Moons Megaboss I'm going to be making.

The issue is that he's being made from Throgg's model. Which means, due to the requirements of the model (I'm assuming here. I ordered the model on Wednesday, and it's a Made-to-Order, so it's shipping anywhere within 35 days from Wednesday, so anywhere between now and November 15th) I think that warboss is auto-disqualified, since I'd NEED to use the core of Throgg's body to get the bulk. Because Throgg is 14 pieces, and I have no idea what those pieces are until I get the model in my hands :lol:

Using that much of Throgg's body would make the entry an "Out of Competition" entry, but that's no reason not to make a cool diorama :tu:

Will anyone else rise to the Challenge??

I would, but I have a question that I need answered before I commit:

Two of my current projects are Deathwatch and Orks. I was thinking of possibly doing a duel diorama with both a Deathwatch member and the Bad Moons Megaboss I'm going to be making.

The issue is that he's being made from Throgg's model. Which means, due to the requirements of the model (I'm assuming here. I ordered the model on Wednesday, and it's a Made-to-Order, so it's shipping anywhere within 35 days from Wednesday, so anywhere between now and November 15th) I think that warboss is auto-disqualified, since I'd NEED to use the core of Throgg's body to get the bulk. Because Throgg is 14 pieces, and I have no idea what those pieces are until I get the model in my hands :laugh.:

Using that much of Throgg's body would make the entry an "Out of Competition" entry, but that's no reason not to make a cool diorama :thumbsup:

Parts of Throgg are body, left arm, right arm, right leg, left foot, loincloth, head, top of head, left and right tusks, cape, and several axes to stick in his back.

Hmm... Wait: 'head, top of head'?? :lol:

Using that much of Throgg's body would make the entry an "Out of Competition" entry, but that's no reason not to make a cool diorama :thumbsup:

But what if I want the glory and board-cred of winning your competition? :lol:

Now, thanks to Kage's post, I might be able to finagle something with Throgg. I'll need to check his size (specifically his legs) compared to some other models once I get him.

Yeah, for some reason the top of his head, which is all pony growths, is a separate piece. 

If you need a comparison, I have a Throgg model, which is how I knew what parts he was in. Does this help for a size comparison?

sbK6Jsr.png

Holy :censored:! He's huge! :laugh.:

Yes, that does help, as I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to use Killa Kan legs or something to make the basis for his legs, or if I can use the ones from the AoS Megaboss.

Well, this confirms: I sure won't be using the Bad Moons Warboss as the Xenos half of that diorama. No way I can have less than 25% of Throgg's model in that kitbash.

.... Also, now I want to find a way for Throgg's unmodified model to be used in 40k, as I was crazy and ordered two of him. Daemon Prince maybe? Hmm....

• 2 weeks later...

I, MikhalLeNoir, undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Challenge to create a Duel Diorama showing the battle of the 3rd reincarnation of the Scorpion and the Daemon Prince known as Argos Tu'ul, the slaughterer of Nazca by December 2nd, 2018.

Here you see my humble start.

978555-.jpg

978552-.jpg

Alright, lets have an update shall we?

We're 1/2 way through our little Challenge, and 7 brave souls have embarked upon this ride so far. Grieux has laid down the gauntlet, and set the standard with an excellent Diorama of Njal and Arjac in the Ashes of Prospero.

With a full month left to go, there is plenty of time for more to rise to the Challenge.

Cheers,

Jono

• 4 weeks later...

Archived