after the tone please record your WAAAAGH!

Canadian_F_H

alrigh ladz! I ken youse lot 'ave been 'avin a go at me for muckin about. I's fixin' to shut yur gobs about me and the Mek lootin this n that from the pewny 'umees and the skinny 'ard boys what's no fun to krump since they's just get back up again and melt yous lot with their glowy dakka... that I've prorkrastin... percrastorka.. Uh... Been preorkupied on for years. So this time yous lots gonna be 'appy if you know what's good for us... It is the Orks' turn.

c3GgNWuS_t.jpg

Dug out of my bits n spru pile the start collecting orks I started messing with a few years ago...

After the painboy and the lads. I'll be working on the NOBS but my crazy self might fully magnetize them... Oi.

I need to find a missing spru for the deff dread. I'm sure it's exactly where I think it is... About a 40minute drive from here... Lol.

Feeling very torn between Shootas and Choppas... Rule of cool applies.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I choose this one to be the main topic.

Hi!

Personally, I enjoy shoota mobs because I like the flexibility they offer, though if I was hardcore about going with Goffs, I'd certainly want all choppa boys. If the Rule of Cool is your thing, note that you can mix choppa boys and shoota boys in the same mob.

? Did it multi post? Sorry having Wi-Fi trouble, didn't realize it had caused a multipost tho...

Fixed it!

Grots mixed up the gubbins with the wot-nots. Clobbered one grot wiv the uvva grot. Didn't fix it any faster but it made me feel Bettah!

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I wouldn't bother magnetising unless you enjoy it. I seem to recall you have hobby butterfly syndrome, and if you're anything like me, magnetising is a chore and makes me look elsewhere. 

If I just worked some extra hours, for the amount of time it takes to magnetise I could just by another box or two of Nobs. 

I do enjoy magnetizing... It also keeps my bits bin down a bit... (tho it makes the army storage a bit messier)

That being said. Wow! To heck with the rules... Rule of cool wins with those massive 2 handed big Choppas and those rediculous big Combi Shootas! I don't care if power claws are usually "better" whew...

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I've yet to magnetize any orks but basically all my marines are, ugh! Except now I've misplaced my magnets and couldn't magnetize even if I wanted to... figures. However, unless you actually  swap the arms all the time, superglue works too. Just don't use too much of it and it's easy enough to snap an arm off without damage - something I now need to do again to some of mine in order to give them choppas instead of sluggas in the second arm! Now that's proppa orky kool, dual melee weapon nobs!

• 2 weeks later...

Drilling barrels is such a small, simple thing to do that does so much for a model. I love it.

And I am happy they re-released the Grukk Facerippa model. It's such a stellar warboss model and that squig is proppa'.

• 1 month later...

So... I noticed a while ago that I'm missing a spru from the deff dread kit. The one with the legs and some major body parts... I've been looking everywhere and still haven't found it...

If it doesn't turn up, i might have to figure something else out...

So what about looting something to make the deff dread... I was thinking like gnarly tank tracks to make him like an Orky version of that big tank tracked thing from the terminator movies...

https://youtu.be/P7nq-r7QWW0

Little reminder video... Bonus points this is from 84 and to kill the tank in referring to, they totally use something that looks a lot like the meltabombs from the assault marine kit.

• 7 months later...

So im keeping busy while i pull an all-nighter to get my self good and tired to sleep thru the day so i can start working 12hour night shifts...

And i realized i should update this plog. I picked up a ton of orks recently and i really aught to finish building the ones i had. Once finished ill have at least 2500 points, if not a well optimized list.

Anyways. In a hurry to get back to it, so peruse these badly illuminated photos of the waaagh if you like...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B022jxZHqqc/?igshid=1qwd1c2w5by2p

• 5 months later...

Slight waaagh update. Played some games using 7th edition orks vs horus heresy legions. Had a blast and am inspired so i will try to get some pictures up of the games soonush and eventually will have some WIP updates to show. Hopefully relatively soon because i would really like to have visible progress for next wednesday's game night.

For now, good night!

Edited by Canadian_F_H

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update. there is much more happening, but this is all i have sized down for the gallery for now.

CFH's Ghazghkull unpainted

CFH's Ghazghkull unpainted

Banna Nob

Warboss with Headwoppa's Kill Choppa!

Orkanaut magnetized

Gorkanaut

Morkanaut

might nab some detail shots of the Orkanaut magnetization later. some of it is overkill, but there is no such thing as underkill. *laughs in Mekboy*

i have a lot else to show when i get a chance. i've already primed a bunch of storm boyz and the Orkanaut, but like i said, no pictures ready.

catch up with y'all soon!

goodnight.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Just for reference, this is the list i brought to the 2v2 HH/AOD/30K game.

Obviously 7th edition rules etc. But that is what is compatible with the other factions in the battle.

++ Ork Great Waaagh-Band (Waaagh Ghaz) (Orks: Codex (2014)) [2,555pts] ++

+ Auxiliary +

"Da Vulcha Skwad" [305pts]: Boss Zagstruk, Da Boss

. Stormboyz

. . 4x Stormboy

. . Stormboy Nob: Power Klaw

. Stormboyz

. . 4x Stormboy

. Stormboyz

. . 4x Stormboy

+ Command +

"Council of Waaagh!" [805pts]: Mad Dok Grotsnik, Da Painboss

. Big Mek: 'Eavy Armour, Choppa, Gubbinz: Mega Force Field, Slugga

. Ghazghkull Thraka, the Beast of Armageddon: Attack Squig, Warlord

. Nobz: 'Eavy Armour for Mob, Waaagh! Banner

. . Boss Nob: Choppa, Slugga

. . Nob: Choppa, Slugga

. Warboss: 'Eavy Armour, Choppa, Gift: Headwoppa's Killchoppa, Shoota

. Warboss: 'Eavy Armour, Attack Squig, Choppa, Gubbinz: Choppa of Ragnarork, Shoota

+ Core +

"Goff Killmob" [1,445pts]

. Boyz: 'Eavy Armour for Mob

. . Boss Nob: Power Klaw, Shoota

. . 19x Boy

. . 19x Boy

. . 19x Boy

. Deff Dread: 2x Rokkit Launcha

. Deff Dread: 2x Rokkit Launcha

. Gorkanaut: Extra Armour, Grot Riggers

. Killa Kans

. . Killa Kan: Rokkit Launcha

. Nobz: 'Eavy Armour for Mob

. . Boss Nob: Choppa, Slugga

. Warboss: 'Eavy Armour, Power Klaw, Shoota

++ Ork Horde Detachment (Codex Orks) (Orks: Codex (2014)) [445pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Gun Wagons (FW) [85pts]

. Gun Wagon: Armour Plates, Boarding Plank, Grot Riggers, Kannon

+ HQ +

Big Mek [125pts]: Choppa, Gift: Da Fixer Upperz, Kustom Force Field

. Warbike

Painboy [65pts]: 3x Grot Orderly

Painboy [65pts]: 3x Grot Orderly

+ Troops +

Gretchin [35pts]: 10x Gretchin

. Runtherd: Grabba stik

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

I have made 2 alternative 3k lists that primarily drop "da Vulcha Skwad" for either a triad of "big trakks" with "supa-kannons" or the "kustom battle fortress" aka looted baneblade. Plus minor adjustments to accomodate those exchanges as they were more points than da vulcha skwad alone.

• 8 months later...
Maybe it's just me, but I find it difficult to find good use for the miscellaneous bits in the Ork boyz kit. All the pistols and grenades that are supposed to strapped to them. I just can't seam to find good places for these bits. I'm suspecting I might have to do a lot of cutting and filing to get them to look good and that's a lot of work for 100+ boyz...

On that topic...  I'm new back to Orks and love em, but I find that i am trying to put the least amount on my boyz ...it would slow down my painting bigtime if i put every extra piece on em...I am of course saving the grenades and other related gubbinz for some tankbusta's made from boyz squads down the road but yeah the amount of leftovers is mounting...:sweat:

I could see from the Nobz box how you would want to use a lot of the bitz to make em right Proppa Ard and Kool :cool.:  but not from the boyz sprue... (maybe GW will bring out a new boyz box with better gubbinz on it... :whistling: )

Mithril

I suspect new orks are coming soon from that one teaser we saw.

The only bits I really needed to put on my Orks was the extra armour. Mostly because I've been running them all as 'Ard boyz using 7th edition rules against Age of Darkness Legiones Astartes.

FYI.

An alpha legion fire support squad of 5 vulkite culverines in one shooting phase averages 34 wounds if they only have their basic 6+ save.

So I've run several mobs with ard armour and painboys to compensate and it cuts it down to less than 10 per turn. I forgot the math on them.

Funny you should mention that...

I have the new Ghazghkull model in the que.

'e sez 'e iznt gonna show up unlez 'e getz a propa Waaagh!

Or... I promised myself I would make big progress on the army before I build and paint him up. Gotta set up my own sticks and carrots. The stick is the shame showing up to subsequent games without noticable hobby progress on the army.

Anyways. I worked up a draft of rules for a Prime-ork or "beast". I let a few folks check it out already and I will look it over again and post it here when I get ready to use them.

I will say this much tho. The rules design paradigm for "Da Beast" were as follows. These paradigms have been agreed to by all of the folks I respect in my gaming group. We are a narrative driven bunch but a lot of them regularly attend and do very well at things like Adeptacon.

He has to be a primarch contender at least.

He probably should wreck a primarch 1vs1 assuming average dice roles. (See note 1)

He must be the keystone of his army.

He should not be just a primarch but Orky. So in every way he is good and bad, he shouldn't feel much like a primarch on the table.

He has to do the model justice.

So I set him at 500 points and tried to build him up to meet that points cost.

Took some inspiration from 7th edition Ghazghkull and 8th edition Ghazghkull.

Note 1: in lore, which is characteristically over the top, the original beast almost killed the Emperor who was saved by the intervention of Horus. In the Beast Arises series he wrecks everything... Well spoiler alert...

there are actually 1 beast for every klan kulture, and they tower over their body guard of normally huge warboss orks, and one of these primork beasts was able to hold its own against Primarch Vulkan and a Retinue of chaptermasters
Edited by Canadian_F_H

• 1 year later...

Oof.  Been a while since I updated this topic.

Life Amiright?

Anyways,

Picked up another box with the new Boyz, the deff copters and warboss etc.  So I definitely need to figure out the best ways to build the Orks without looking overly repetitive.  Might need to "get gud" with greenstuff.  Luckily I've been having to use it more and more lately.