I think wanting to have the option to form every maniple with the Gore Crows before moving on to another is a good idea if you think there's a chance you'll want them later, that way the painting technique is still fresh in your mind/muscle memory to make them all consistent with one another.

unless your hobby budget is really tight and you're fine being limited to having a specific Maniple for each Titan Legion(which I'm not yet knowledgeable enough in the lore to tell if you've picked a fitting one).

and as for what Legion to do once you do move on, Metallica sounds good if you really feel like something red, sense they also have a lot of black, so any magnetized weapons you paint up with Black armor without any of the white marble will be useful for both.

• 3 weeks later...

Tiny update: I got ill almost immediately after making my titan pledge which had a deleterious effect on my painting progress, but I managed to squeeze out a couple of half-finished cerastus knights. Hoping to get these done tomorrow, then onto my naked warlord.

tOdM0jCl.jpg

I've pre-ordered my new reaver and I'm looking forward to shopping through Titandeath for some legio rules that'll suit my gore crows. At the moment I'm leaning towards the super aggressive Vulpa ones so I can get in people's faces!

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually finished my Malinax knights. They are lovely models, and easy to put together and throw paint on; I'll be looking to get some more at some point.

v9md4Hxl.jpg

oyYVQufl.jpg

I'm hoping to get a game in this weekend and a chance to run Vulpa to pull bits off my opponent. Looking at their rules I'm not sure I'll take the plasma gargoyles, but everything else looks great fun.

Your cerastus knights are lovely. Are there any tricky bits when it comes to painted? I've left the top canopies unglued on mine, because it looked like that would make the arms and heads easier. I'm hoping that there otherwise as fun to paint as they were to assemble (although I did find them slightly fiddly, there's nearly as many parts as a 'hound for a model less than half the size).

Thanks! Getting at the head and chest were a little bit tricky but leaving the carapace off will help with that; I fully assembled mine.
Similar to the titans, a lot of the model is happy to stay silver + nuln oil so nice and easy.

Very nice.
Looking forward to feedback on Vulpa.

Unfortunately no game this weekend. However, each list I've been writing has had more and more melee weapons in it- I feel like each punch robot reduces my need for high str shooting, and if I'm reducing that then why bother bringing dedicated shield strippers over another melee titan? If they're all packing fists at least some will get through enemy fire.

The long and short of it is that I'm fully down the rabbit hole and am seriously considering trying the double fist warlord. :laugh.:

• 2 weeks later...

That marbling is super sweet, very lifelike.

It does stick out a bit in the eye, though, as the veinous granularity (is that even a term? "Veinyness?") feels a tad coarse for things of this scale. I feel those engines really benefit from having little dudes and other scale things on their bases to reinforce the viewers' sense of scale.

I was concerned initially while I working on my first titans that the marble effect would be obviously out of scale; I didn't really come up with a solution and elected to ignore it as I'm way too deep now! Maybe Space Marble:wink:

Agree with you on the base. Looking at them all clustered together on a shelf all the space marine bits looked a bit busy, but they all probably do need something on there.

I think it looks lovely, never mind the scale :) Just assume that its painted on as an effect, because marble probably doesn't make for great armour anyway. I like the almost monochrome pallet. There's just enough colour in the details, along with the marble striations, to stop it being pure monochrome.

Procrastinating :rolleyes:  instead of painting this weekend, I stuck some trimmed card sleeves to my command terminals. The glue I used didn't really work so I tried again with double sided tape; you can see it through the sleeve but I guess they'll always have a card in while in use. Hopefully more progress soon.

IAdB7ILl.jpg

Procrastinating :rolleyes:  instead of painting this weekend, I stuck some trimmed card sleeves to my command terminals. The glue I used didn't really work so I tried again with double sided tape; you can see it through the sleeve but I guess they'll always have a card in while in use. Hopefully more progress soon.

IAdB7ILl.jpg

That’s a nice idea! What size card sleeves did you start with?

• 1 month later...

Sadly it doesn't seem like I will be able to finish my TotH vow. No excuse really just poor deadline management - which should be taken care of once I'm lobotomised and wired up to paint endless armour trim for the Warmaster.

I've got the marbling and a few details to do on this fellah, then I'll build and prime the remaining two warhounds and see how far I get before I face the music!

BmhnqPxl.jpg