Thanks all!

Very handsome work on these. They must look amazing on the tabletop.

One minor constructive criticism - you seem to place the vehicles/troops on your bases in similar locations. Make sure to keep it varied.

Great comment - I see it now you mention it!

I've got some not-assault-terminators from Vanguard Miniatures so hopefully I can be a bit more creative with them than with the old, static epic marines.

Edited by Gore Crow

• 2 weeks later...

Had a quick game with my old man this weekend using my war-barbies. Still somewhat in salesman mode until he actually assembles his GM set, so very easygoing game with no objectives just looking for explosions.

That said, I went with a laser/plasma/fist WL and laser/melta/chainfist reaver (with one missile/laser/gatling) for the rip-and-tear and put myself at a disadvantage as he didn't need to move at all. :sweat:

VZdXVY1l.jpg

I donked up moving my warlord forward, using full stride often instead of pushing locomotors, making mistakes with positioning, and ended up with loads of spare reactor and but very far away. D'oh. He eventually died after being hit sideways by quake.

My fist reaver made it though! Cored it's opposite number and got slagged in a cataclysmic explosion. Everybody wins.

y9NClh3l.jpg

I still can't get enough of that marble effect, and the tiny doods on the bases are great too!

Have you considered adding some colour scheme or heraldry inspiration from the "canon" Vulturam scheme now that Doom of Molech is out? It seems you were on the money with the amount of black, it just seems like FW chose to pair it with either sea-green or blue(?) instead of white. 

I still can't get enough of that marble effect, and the tiny doods on the bases are great too!

Have you considered adding some colour scheme or heraldry inspiration from the "canon" Vulturam scheme now that Doom of Molech is out? It seems you were on the money with the amount of black, it just seems like FW chose to pair it with either sea-green or blue(?) instead of white. 

That's Vulcanum, not Vulturum, innit?

The Legio is looking great. Nice to see them hit the field, even fighting against each other!

The Legio is looking great. Nice to see them hit the field, even fighting against each other!

Ah, correct, my bad!

Thanks! As stated above that's Vulcanum, but I sure hope I'm not too far off when they do eventually put my beep-boops in a book! I'll likely accept whatever rules and fluff I get if the scheme is close enough.

Yeah I like to think of it as scouring the loyalist elements for now, thanks!

Nice to see someone else playing with his dad, I have zero pity on our games however

• 4 months later...

Thanks all!

your marble is beautiful as always, and the extra glossy black is also nice, and I don't think that part of your paint scheme has gotten praise yet.

Thank you! Lucked out that it looks good with the white/metal and also with titan scale; not sure it'd work as well in 28mm.