=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2019 [=

Grotsmasha

Good god, the hardest part on any of my Chaos Marine models is the trim. I've been doing trim work on the DiscoLord since 12:30 this morning and I've still yet to get to the shading part.....

Not Chaos, but the trim on 40k Guilliman was so, so painful...

See, that is easy, since all you need to do is get a can of Retributor Armour then shade.

My Night Lords use Warplock Bronze as a basecoat, then Sycorax Bronze over that. Which means brushing all of that on. Ugh.

Ah trim! That nearly killed me off during the ETL! It looks great when done but such a pain in the rear to do neatly!

Stupidly I forgot to vow for November before I completed the Plague Marine. Anyway here's the before and finished shots. Just one this time as I'm really trying to get the knights done for call of chaos.

med_gallery_141590_15861_33633.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15405_86210.jpg

So, my Lord Discordant will likely be finished tonight, but I'll be working until 10PM, so I might not get pictures of it until tomorrow.

Because no one wants to see a "finished" model when there's still visible paint drying on it :lol:

12 Months of Hobby November Summary

Our number dwindles to just 9 stalwart Hobbyists, and for the first time this year, we have all Completed our pledges. Everyone, high five :yes:. Between us, we completed 10 models, with Rogue re-basing 31 Terminators.

Lets award some badges,

gallery_48988_15094_16416.png

toaae

gallery_48988_15094_8388.png

Azaiel

Dwango

Focslain

Gederas

Grotsmasha

Jolemai

Rogue

Trokair

gallery_48988_15094_1454.png

Dwango

Jolemai

toaae

gallery_48988_15094_11624.png

Gederas

gallery_48988_15094_10612.png

Azaiel

gallery_48988_15094_2147.png

Gederas

gallery_48988_15094_13524.png

Azaiel

Dwango

gallery_48988_15094_4338.png

Trokair

gallery_48988_15094_8315.png

Jolemai

gallery_48988_15094_2212.png

Rogue

gallery_48988_15094_2403.png

Jolemai

Jolemai's excellent Blood Angels Captain claims this month's Favourite.

This is it, the last month....

toaae

Edited by Grotsmasha

Skip to a month...

December

gallery_48988_15094_5045.png

The following award badges are up for grabs this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_2003.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_2896.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_4765.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_5551.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_3080.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_1990.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_6086.png

Upgraded pips will continue to be awarded for consistency,

There is also a badge for those who wish to make a pledge for years end, a slow burn model to work on through out the year,

gallery_48988_15094_5524.png

and for those who don't complete their pledge this month,

sml_gallery_48988_15094_20.png

There are also Silver and Gold versions of these badges to be awarded to those who earn the same badge multiple times. There is also a Platinum version of each badge available to anyone who earns the same badge for all 12 months, even the Next Month badge :wink: .

Participating

Vowed, No pic

Vowed, with pic

Complete

List of Participants

Azaiel - Ork Weirdboy

Brother Argent - 4x Liber Swap Challenge Marines

Chaplain Dosjetka - 1x Liber Swap Challenge Marine

Dwango - 2019 Plodding Along Imperial Knight, Dark Apostle and 2x Disciples

Focslain - Tau Drones

Gederas - Narek Dreygur

Grotsmasha - DA Secret Santa, Tech Priest Grombrindal, 2019 Plodding Along

Jolemai - 2019 Plodding Along Imperial Knight

Rogue - Eight bases

toaaee - Wazboom Blastajet

Trokair - 10x Deathwatch Reivers

Pledges for 2019

Brother Argent - Imperial Knight

Dwango - Legion Medusa Squadron Kright Tyrant, Knight Rampager, 2x War Dogs

Greenz - DG Daemon Prince

Grotsmasha - Caestus Assault Ram Warhound Titan Caestus Assault Ram

Jolemai - Imperial Knight with magnetised options

longjohnsilver - Sharky McSharkface

.Torch. - Adeptus Custodes

Participants on the Randomizer

Brother Argent -

Chaplain Dosjetka -

Dornbeard -

Grotsmasha -

Edited by Grotsmasha

Like I said, he was finished, I just wasn't able to take pictures:
UXiwp3B.jpg

So much trim.....

The good news is I realized that Nuln Oil over the Sycorax Bronze is just as good as Agrax Earthshade over it. Which means now painting any future Night Lords models will be definitely sped up.

Edited by Gederas

Right, December, vow, stuff thing…

I was planning on working on my new sisters this month but I do not think I will get them built and undercoated in time. So instead I am going to end the year how I started it, buy doing more Deathwatch Reivers that I built last year.

I, Trokair, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete some Deathwatch Reiver by month's end.

gallery_29932_13153_81593.jpg

Grot I forget, how many times do you have to acquire a bad to get the next one? Because October and November I got the "Last Minute" badge, but the November one is still black for me?

Also, it looks like the Silver badge for may is broken?

Edited by Gederas

So I'm going to do something stupid to finish this off.

I, Focslain, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 6(12) Drones by month's end.

Image of WIP for the drone, which hopefully explains the ().

GhostDwip2a

Ghostdwip2b

These are for a themed army I'm doing in the Unknown II thread

Grot I forget, how many times do you have to acquire a bad to get the next one? Because October and November I got the "Last Minute" badge, but the November one is still black for me?

3 for Bronze, 6 for Silver, 9 for Gold and 12 for Platinum.  Which May Badge? I'll look at it.

Hey, Grotsmasha - whilst it's very nice to win an artificer badge for November, did you mean to give me one for basing 30-odd terminators?

I did not, it was supposed to be a Seriously, I've now corrected it :tu:

3 for Bronze, 6 for Silver, 9 for Gold and 12 for Platinum.  Which May Badge? I'll look at it.

Ah, okay. And it looks like it was the completion badge for May, which was bronze but I thought was Silver :lol:

And it looks like it's fixed now? So, nevermind :lol:

December

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1 x Imperial Knight by month's end.

gallery_62972_10721_562964.jpg

Legs are in the same state, I just havee't been working on them of late hence the lack of photo.

To do:

• Finish magnetising
  • Finish drybrush and highlights
  • Details
  • Anything else required to move model from battle ready to completion
  • (New thread about House Arantule and the Freeblade, Jolemai - however, this isn't part of the challenge!)

The end is in sight. This year I've been slowly basing my entire marine collection (well, the ones with bases) - so far, 183 marines of various types, plus an assassin and a stormtalon. And now, it's down the final few - the models that don't fit in the carry case, and live in the cabinet instead. Once these are done, my marines will be fully based for the first time ever (having spent most of their careers with plain black bases (painted to exactly mimic the plain black plastic underneath)).

final Few

I know that simply basing already painted models is a bit light-weight, but the hobby challenge has genuinely helped to drag me through this project over the year, and it feels fitting to end the year as I began it, with a basing challenge. Plus, RogueChaplain and I have added a RogueBaby to the clan, and my hobby time has decreased significantly, so basing eight models may well be more of a challenge than it appears - I'm partly posting this now to make sure I try and find time during the rest of the month...

Edited by Rogue