++A Cloak of Foes Felled++ Thunder Warriors in 30k

TheTrans

Heya gang!

Just starting up a new Project log as this has nothing to do with Astral Claws or 40k :tongue.:.

After having a talk late last year with a few fellas down in Melbourne that are heavily into 30k, and seeing that the scene was relatively alive and healthy it finally pushed me over the edge.

Now as y'all know I'm a sucker for truescaling and what not, but doing 50 odd marines (espcially after the Astral Claws) just wasn't really drawing me in.

So I started looking into the rules and what not, now just like the Tyrant's Legion I saw the Army of Dark Compliance.. but having Word Bearers or Sons of Horus whipping slaves into battle is so...normal.. so I wanted to try something else out.

Upon looking into Blackshields, and seeing the +1 S and +1 T Chimerae trait it immediately jumped into my head ' True Scale Thunder Warriors'.

Now from what most of my reading can glean, this big boys where generally large and nastier than marines, if not a bit unrefined.. but had huuuge issues with their bodies and minds burning out due to all the unstable augmentations they have received. Now we know that most of the Thunder Warriors got culled by the Big E at the end of the unification wars, too easy, but we also know that some escaped (Cerberus Insurrection) and that some found ways to stop, or at least slow down the burn out (Arik Taranis).

Thus with these two little 'outs' we have some ability to have other Thunder Warriors out and about that have been kept on ice, or just on the run.

So in a nutshell, and the fluff will need some expanding, we have this Thunder Warrior 'The Ragged Prince' (if anyone has something better than this, please hit me up, something cool with 'patchwork' or something would be ideal as well) and a small group of surviving Thunder Warriors leading an uprising/small army on X planet/sector during the Horus Heresy.

Now the Ragged/Patchwork/Stitched Prince/Lord/Voivode is so named as he will be rocking a baller as cloak made from sections of banners from Legions from both sides. So that will be the 'public' image of why he is called thus, but really it will be at this point in his life, due to the organ replacements, skin grafts and all that jazz to keep himself kicking along his body and skin will look like a patchwork. So clever :rolleyes: ..

So thats the start of the fluff that will get fluffed out more and more as stuff gets added. 

Any way after all this rambling I give you the 'part' sketch out of The Ragged Prince. 

large%2Bfront.jpg

51579838_10157346354144050_1718019684705

And a scale shot next to the new Traitor Guardsmen. 

51407027_10157346354209050_5059477169814

Any way, I'll continue cracking along presently, but if you have any thoughts on his title or fluff, please feel free to pipe up!

Cheers! 

Edited by TheTrans

This guy looks hard as nails.

I really hope he ends up with some sort of brutal cleaver or war axe. Thunder Warriors with their crazy tech weapons have always intrigued me.

Loving the plan mate.

I really hope he ends up with some sort of brutal cleaver or war axe. Thunder Warriors with their crazy tech weapons have always intrigued me.

Loving the plan mate.

Thanks man! Weapon wise he'll be rocking a Thunder Hammer, a Xenos Deathlock (so can go crazy with that) and a big ole shield (iron halo + cyber familiar). There will no doubt be assort bricabrack floating around on him also. 

He's looking grand so far, and the plan is great too!

Cheers mate!

You stole my idea! 

Lol nah but seriously i had a similar plan to build a thunder warrior kill team but the hobby butterfly I am i've since moved onto something else (also black shield related) 

I will be following this with great interest as I love anything thunder warrior related and a huge fan of your work. 

Just out of interest what bits did you use for said model? I wanted to use the slaughter priest as a base for a traitor Blood angel i have planned and you've married some pits up perfectly. 

You stole my idea! 

Lol nah but seriously i had a similar plan to build a thunder warrior kill team but the hobby butterfly I am i've since moved onto something else (also black shield related) 

I will be following this with great interest as I love anything thunder warrior related and a huge fan of your work. 

Just out of interest what bits did you use for said model? I wanted to use the slaughter priest as a base for a traitor Blood angel i have planned and you've married some pits up perfectly. 

Thanks a heap mate! Well now I'm intruiged as to what you're cooking up in relation to black shield shenaniganry? 

We have:

Head-Custodes Head (place holder)

Chest + Shoulder Pads-Kabuki 'not-russ'

Legs-Slaughter Priest

Thigh Plates:-Aquilon Termy Plates

Gut Plate-Kataphron Box

Custodes Aquilon arm, anvil industries arm. 

So I've got the bare head from the Salamaders Mk3 head upgrade set on its way which I think will suit well, I've also got nothing on this weekend so should be able to push forward a bit with him! Will keep y'all updated! 

You stole my idea! 

Thanks a heap mate! Well now I'm intruiged as to what you're cooking up in relation to black shield shenaniganry? 

We have:

Head-Custodes Head (place holder)

Chest + Shoulder Pads-Kabuki 'not-russ'

Legs-Slaughter Priest

Thigh Plates:-Aquilon Termy Plates

Gut Plate-Kataphron Box

Custodes Aquilon arm, anvil industries arm. 

So I've got the bare head from the Salamaders Mk3 head upgrade set on its way which I think will suit well, I've also got nothing on this weekend so should be able to push forward a bit with him! Will keep y'all updated! 

That's a very eclectic arrangement of bits that go together to make a very impressive whole. Well done bud. 

Ah i'm no where near ready to start my project yet. The past few years has seen the hobby take a blow for me. Wedding, house move, new car and now possibly another house move. 

Its kind of given me the chance to perform somewhat of an experiment with collecting a wide arrangement of bits and models without spending, or spending as little, money as possible. So lots of trading etc. 

I think if i manage some modelling chain,sculpting tools and possibly some more goliath bits i might be nearly ready to shove off.

Anyway enough rambling from me. Cant wait to see more and keep up the good work! 

So was tidying and starting to neaten and green stuff his midrift when I was looking at Ferrus Manus' shoulder pads.

20190207_212604.jpg

Will obviously get rid of all the Iron Hands gubbinz, but what are peoples thoughts? Yay? Nay?

That's a very eclectic arrangement of bits that go together to make a very impressive whole. Well done bud. 

Ah i'm no where near ready to start my project yet. The past few years has seen the hobby take a blow for me. Wedding, house move, new car and now possibly another house move. 
Its kind of given me the chance to perform somewhat of an experiment with collecting a wide arrangement of bits and models without spending, or spending as little, money as possible. So lots of trading etc. 
I think if i manage some modelling chain,sculpting tools and possibly some more goliath bits i might be nearly ready to shove off.

Anyway enough rambling from me. Cant wait to see more and keep up the good work! 

Ooh well the need of Goliath and chain modelling parts certainly has me interested! 
That is a fair bit of adulting mate, really chews up hobby time! 

I can't wait to see how this will develop! The Cerberus Insurrection is a great piece of fluff and a fantastic base for an army.

Is there any more of it, or just the little tidbit in the world eaters stuff?

Loving the plan mate.

Thanks man! Weapon wise he'll be rocking a Thunder Hammer, a Xenos Deathlock (so can go crazy with that) and a big ole shield (iron halo + cyber familiar). There will no doubt be assort bricabrack floating around on him also. 

Thunder hammer and badass gun? VERY Ghota. I love it.

The pads look great, it brings thoughts of some of the old school art about the techno-barbarians that GW put out a few years ago.

You had any thoughts on the paint scheme yet?

Very intriguing. I'm liking the look of the Prince.

You could add in a TW apothecary-type that is trying to make more TWs or something close to a TW while still being larger/more powerful than a marine, similar to Fabius Bile's attempt to create better marines. That way you can also use marine-sized "experimental" warriors, humans that the apothecary has uplifted to a more-than-human state.

So was tidying and starting to neaten and green stuff his midrift when I was looking at Ferrus Manus' shoulder pads.

20190207_212604.jpg

Will obviously get rid of all the Iron Hands gubbinz, but what are peoples thoughts? Yay? Nay?

Ooh well the need of Goliath and chain modelling parts certainly has me interested! 

That is a fair bit of adulting mate, really chews up hobby time! 

I can't wait to see how this will develop! The Cerberus Insurrection is a great piece of fluff and a fantastic base for an army.

Is there any more of it, or just the little tidbit in the world eaters stuff?

Looks fantastic mate truly. My only critic is that, in my opinion only, it makes him look less thunder warriory (word?) and more astartes. 

Again just my two cents and probably wrong. You can get layered/segmented shoulder pads from a 3rd party company that match the shoulder pads seen in artwork but for the life of me i cant remember where it was i saw them.

I know bud being an adult sucks brass balls. But there has been something slightly enjoyable gathering the resources i need through trade and bartering lol 

As for my black shields I have one of two ideas. A lord of the rings mordo themed force. Lots of blacks and whites, rusted metals with a dp hopefully modelled to look like sauron. 

Or a bastardised force of all the betrayed and wronged during the heresy who follow a greater daemon or lesser deity knows as the queen of scorn. 

Patron of the betrayed and revenge. 

If I ever get it off the ground you'll be the first to know. 

In the mean time I wait with baited breath for your updates.

Any fluff you need help with or even bits just let me know. I'm happy to help. 

Tattered%2BPrince%2BSpeil.jpg

Thoughts on the little quote? :P

Anyway, haven't been amazingly busy over the weekend, but have managed to get some bits an pieces done.

20190210_212636.jpg

So I've been working on his pose here, I've given him the head of Ferrus' Thunder Hammer, but on the tip I've replaced the 'X' with a lightning bolt, that paired with all the eagle action on it, really jumps out at me as maybe a weapon given during the unification at some point.

20190210_212601.jpg

So a bit closer in so you can see that I've started on the armor around his midriff, this was sculpted with the intention of the gut plate going over the top, but at this point I think it looks pretty good! 

20190210_212642.jpg

I wanted to show that he is still rocking something equivalent to the Mk I armour, thus gave him unpowered legs. I'm not great with chainmail, but hopefully it gets the point across?

20190210_212737.jpg

So this is a scale pic and a mock up of what the normal 'troops' will look like, GSC bodies to get that really mining colony feel, but with some weird and wonderful guns to 30k them up a bit. The head on the human is a place holder for the moment, going to probably use a lot of vansarr rebreater heads and orlock goggle heads for these bad boys.

Thunder hammer and badass gun? VERY Ghota. I love it.

The pads look great, it brings thoughts of some of the old school art about the techno-barbarians that GW put out a few years ago.

You had any thoughts on the paint scheme yet?

Thanks mate! NFI on colour schemes, certainly hit me up if you have any thoughts! 

Very intriguing. I'm liking the look of the Prince.

You could add in a TW apothecary-type that is trying to make more TWs or something close to a TW while still being larger/more powerful than a marine, similar to Fabius Bile's attempt to create better marines. That way you can also use marine-sized "experimental" warriors, humans that the apothecary has uplifted to a more-than-human state.

Definitely doing that mate, got a Apothecary Consol in the list. Not sure of a name or what not on him yet, possibly something like the 'The Corpse Taker' or even 'The Mountebank'. Will be using a squad of terminators with the chimerae trait as 'The Last Cohort' so 5 thunder warriors with powerfists and volkites!

I've only come across the one page tidbit.

No worries thanks mate!

Looks fantastic mate truly. My only critic is that, in my opinion only, it makes him look less thunder warriory (word?) and more astartes. 

Again just my two cents and probably wrong. You can get layered/segmented shoulder pads from a 3rd party company that match the shoulder pads seen in artwork but for the life of me i cant remember where it was i saw them.

I know bud being an adult sucks brass balls. But there has been something slightly enjoyable gathering the resources i need through trade and bartering lol 

As for my black shields I have one of two ideas. A lord of the rings mordo themed force. Lots of blacks and whites, rusted metals with a dp hopefully modelled to look like sauron. 

Or a bastardised force of all the betrayed and wronged during the heresy who follow a greater daemon or lesser deity knows as the queen of scorn. 

Patron of the betrayed and revenge. 

If I ever get it off the ground you'll be the first to know. 

In the mean time I wait with baited breath for your updates.

Any fluff you need help with or even bits just let me know. I'm happy to help. 

If you could find a pic or link mate, that'd help a heap! 

I love the idea of the bastardised daemon worshipping force!

Cheers mate, will certainly hit you up! 

Wow...very cool!

Thanks mate! 

F me in the A.  

This all looks fantastic Bud really! 
And I wouldn't worry about the chain mail as all your green stuff looks on point! 

I've been looking for they shoulders trans but for love nor money can i find them. I think the only reason i managed to find them was someone sharing a link of FB but I've come off FB cause i'm turning into a grumpy old :cusse lol
However the shoulders on him with the most resent pictures look like the MK1 shoulders. 

Have you had any thoughts on the head? Are you wanting a bare head or what? 
I was thinking, and shoot me down if you dont agree, that either the half masked reiver skull helm would look intimidating as F or and this is maybe a step outside of the princes comfort zone, a storm cast death mask? 
Could be something hes adopted to represent his title of 'Prince'. Cut the sunbeams off the top and green stuff in some piping or cabling to 40k it up a tad. 

Anyway he looks great and the quote is great. Genuinely thought it was a canon quote while reading lol.  

F me in the A.  

This all looks fantastic Bud really! 

And I wouldn't worry about the chain mail as all your green stuff looks on point! 

I've been looking for they shoulders trans but for love nor money can i find them. I think the only reason i managed to find them was someone sharing a link of FB but I've come off FB cause i'm turning into a grumpy old :cusse lol

However the shoulders on him with the most resent pictures look like the MK1 shoulders. 

Have you had any thoughts on the head? Are you wanting a bare head or what? 

I was thinking, and shoot me down if you dont agree, that either the half masked reiver skull helm would look intimidating as F or and this is maybe a step outside of the princes comfort zone, a storm cast death mask? 

Could be something hes adopted to represent his title of 'Prince'. Cut the sunbeams off the top and green stuff in some piping or cabling to 40k it up a tad. 

Anyway he looks great and the quote is great. Genuinely thought it was a canon quote while reading lol.  

Cheers mate!! 

No worries brother, I'll do a search of the interwebs and see what I can rustle up haha.

Yeah I agree mate, I feel the plates may of edged him to close t marines again.

I was thinking a bare head, namely the bare one from the Salamders Head Set, got one of those on its way to me, I feel it looks nice and scared..but still human, I want a bit of tragedy to him.

I was actually pondering maybe a storm cast face plate fitted into a helmet, maybe on his belt, or held by an attendant, maybe a slight show of vanity as he doesn't want peeps to see his beaten up face sort of thing?

Ah glad to hear the quote didn't sound too like...non legit haha!

I love how this Thunder Warrior is coming out. Maybe we could see a size comparison compared to a Custode?

Also, a question:

20190210_212642.jpg

I wanted to show that he is still rocking something equivalent to the Mk I armour, thus gave him unpowered legs. I'm not great with chainmail, but hopefully it gets the point across?

How easy was it to smooth out the back of those Slaughterpriest's legs with Greenstuff? I'm working on a Dark Apostle that uses those same legs, and I'm trying to cover up just the sections that shows the leather boot. Did you have to carve those down then layer over them with greenstuff?

Also: Yes, it does get the point across of looking like Mk I armour's unpowered legs. And the chainmail looks pretty good too :thumbsup:

Edited by Gederas

Wow, that's a very interesting concept, and the model is looking more than promising! Really looking forward to this taking further shape!

Also, this is zero percent official, of course, but here's a little background vignette I wrote a while ago for one of my World Eaters Contemptors. He was part of the Cerberus Insurrection, and I tried to channel the fate of the Thunder Warriors a bit -- maybe, just maybe, you'll find it inspirational for your project in some way:

In his dreams, he is still at Cerberus Station, its steel corridors and rock catacombs bathed in amber warning lights, the ropes of blood and viscera on every surface like the studies of a mad artist. The renegades have taken a terrible toll in blood, and he can see the corpses of station personnel, fallen inmates and the remains of servitors, strewn like ragdolls across the floors and makeshift barricades. And between them, in far smaller numbers, yet still shockingly common, the bodies of his brothers, the grey blue ceramite shards of their armour like cracked eggshells. All is quiet, strangely enough, yet the air is heavy with the scent of bad deaths.

When he rounds the next corner, he finds himself face to face with one of the monsters, squatting atop a pile of broken bodies. It is dying from a thousand cuts already, but just too stubborn to realise it yet. Its armour is cracked and scarred, but he still recognises it as an earlier, cruder version of his own warplate. Even then, he senses in his bones that their kinship goes farther still.

Up close, its animal stink and the sharp tang of its chemical secretions are almost overwhelming: the cancerous odour of a biological experiment slowly breaking down into its composite parts.

They quietly observe each other for a moment then, and in its rheumy eyes, he sees the ending of an age — but there is more there: infinite sadness. A sense of betrayal. The broken spirit of a once proud warrior, now merely a tool discarded by its own creator.

+++

He awakens underwater, his lungs filled with icy liquid. As usual, it takes a moment for him to remember where he is. And what he has become. While jagged Nagrakali runes dance before his eyes, his gaze turns downward to the men a merciless conqueror king has crudely reshaped into his brothers. He wonders why they have come. Why they will not let him sleep and dream of betrayal the colour of blood and amber light. And then they begin to speak, and speak for a long time, and while their words weave a tapestry depicting a world gone mad, he remembers the spiteful, sad gaze of a discarded, broken toy and realises, with grim certainty, that it is all happening again.

I love how this Thunder Warrior is coming out. Maybe we could see a size comparison compared to a Custode?

Also, a question:

How easy was it to smooth out the back of those Slaughterpriest's legs with Greenstuff? I'm working on a Dark Apostle that uses those same legs, and I'm trying to cover up just the sections that shows the leather boot. Did you have to carve those down then layer over them with greenstuff?

Also: Yes, it does get the point across of looking like Mk I armour's unpowered legs. And the chainmail looks pretty good too :thumbsup:

Thanks mate!

I don't know if i actually have any built custard bois, there is pic with him next to a GSC dude further up if that is of any help?

When ever I'm covering stuff up with GS, or putting new detail completely over something I always find it easier to knock the 'under part' back down to zero detail, and a good bit 'below' where I'll be building up the armour plate. This gives you plenty of..I suppose room(?)... to smooth it all out then add detail into it if you want. Where as if you try and just whack GS over it, there is a good chance you'll either have bits of the under detail poking through and ruining a smooth finish, or it will be bulking out past where the other plate is. Make any sense? :P

Wow, that's a very interesting concept, and the model is looking more than promising! Really looking forward to this taking further shape!

Also, this is zero percent official, of course, but here's a little background vignette I wrote a while ago for one of my World Eaters Contemptors. He was part of the Cerberus Insurrection, and I tried to channel the fate of the Thunder Warriors a bit -- maybe, just maybe, you'll find it inspirational for your project in some way:

Thanks mate! After much searching of the forums there isn't a whole heap of thunder warriors and the art is not overly plentiful either! 

Dude... that is so awesome it should be 100% official! Truly amazing little vignette you've written there, also seems you and I have very similar..thoughts I suppose, about the Thunder Warriors! Love it! Plenty of inspiration there!! 

The real question on fluff is, should the Ragged Prince and his small cohort be survivors of just Mount Ararat, or survivors of both Ararat culling and the Cerberus Insurrection? Would love your input mate...as your fluff there is truly amazing! 

Glad you liked it! And that you didn't take it as an attempt to self-promote using your thread as a vehicle :wink:

Regarding the question of whether they are Ararat or Cerberus survivors, I think both angles would have their pros and cons: Cerberus might be tricky insofar as the World Eaters were expressly told to let nobody get away, and for all that is known, they suceeded, albeit in a rather horrific way. On the other hand, the same could be said for the Ararat massacre.

When all is said and done, I think it depends on what's more important and narratively interesting to you: Your Thunder Warriors having been betrayed without warning at Mt. Ararat is probably the more raw, emotionally heavy angle, whereas survivors having seen firsthand the monstrous violence of the World Eaters/Legiones Astartes brought to bear on those the Emperor no longer needed tells a slightly different story. In any case, I think you'll have to find a way to explain how they escaped -- maybe this, in itself, offers yet more narrative hooks, as they had to leave behind their brothers-in-arms (or their brothers-in-arms bought them time for their retreat). Anyway, so many possibilities...

Sorry, I'm rambling :wink:

EDIT: Something that I just remembered was how Logen Ninefingers, from Joe Abercrombie's various books, would always repeat the mantra "Still alive" after situations where he should have died, but didn't. Something like that might be a cool touch for your Ragged Prince as well -- or maybe he keeps repeating the names of brothers that died to buy him the time to escape, like a litany that gets longer whenever one of his warband is killed.

Edited by KrautScientist

Also, a question:

When ever I'm covering stuff up with GS, or putting new detail completely over something I always find it easier to knock the 'under part' back down to zero detail, and a good bit 'below' where I'll be building up the armour plate. This gives you plenty of..I suppose room(?)... to smooth it all out then add detail into it if you want. Where as if you try and just whack GS over it, there is a good chance you'll either have bits of the under detail poking through and ruining a smooth finish, or it will be bulking out past where the other plate is. Make any sense? :tongue.:

It does make sense, yes. Looks like I'll need to work on carving off the backs of the shins. Boo :lol:

Glad you liked it! And that you didn't take it as an attempt to self-promote using your thread as a vehicle :wink:

Regarding the question of whether they are Ararat or Cerberus survivors, I think both angles would have their pros and cons: Cerberus might be tricky insofar as the World Eaters were expressly told to let nobody get away, and for all that is known, they suceeded, albeit in a rather horrific way. On the other hand, the same could be said for the Ararat massacre.

When all is said and done, I think it depends on what's more important and narratively interesting to you: Your Thunder Warriors having been betrayed without warning at Mt. Ararat is probably the more raw, emotionally heavy angle, whereas survivors having seen firsthand the monstrous violence of the World Eaters/Legiones Astartes brought to bear on those the Emperor no longer needed tells a slightly different story. In any case, I think you'll have to find a way to explain how they escaped -- maybe this, in itself, offers yet more narrative hooks, as they had to leave behind their brothers-in-arms (or their brothers-in-arms bought them time for their retreat). Anyway, so many possibilities...

Sorry, I'm rambling :wink:

EDIT: Something that I just remembered was how Logen Ninefingers, from Joe Abercrombie's various books, would always repeat the mantra "Still alive" after situations where he should have died, but didn't. Something like that might be a cool touch for your Ragged Prince as well -- or maybe he keeps repeating the names of brothers that died to buy him the time to escape, like a litany that gets longer whenever one of his warband is killed.

Mate, loved it! Certainly didn't take it as any whacky attempt brother haha.

Having a think, I feel maybe just an Ararat escape is more...convincing/realistic. Two escapes from a 100% casualty battles is probably pushing one step two far. But also there is now scope there for him to reference the leader of the Cerberus Incursion' and how he failed at cerberus or some :cuss... ooooh... extra sort of 'thoughts' from the ragged prince available there!

Mate, ramble away!! I'll take any input available on thunder warriors or thoughts on them!!

I like that mate, consider that idea straight up stolen!! 

It does make sense, yes. Looks like I'll need to work on carving off the backs of the shins. Boo :laugh.:

You don't need to go too nuts with it haha. Just get rid of all the buckles and crap like that. 

Cheers mate!! 

No worries brother, I'll do a search of the interwebs and see what I can rustle up haha.

I was thinking a bare head, namely the bare one from the Salamders Head Set, got one of those on its way to me, I feel it looks nice and scared..but still human, I want a bit of tragedy to him.

I was actually pondering maybe a storm cast face plate fitted into a helmet, maybe on his belt, or held by an attendant, maybe a slight show of vanity as he doesn't want peeps to see his beaten up face sort of thing?

Cool! twisted minds think alike and all that. Really like the idea of him removing the frontal part of the death mask to reveal the savaged face beneath under lit

by his helms internal systems :thumbsup: 

That salamander head will also look great! 

Fluff wise I think the Cerberus incursion is maybe the way to go? Its still an out and out betrayal by the emperor but might also go to show a hatred for the legions as it was one of their number that took part in this as apposed to ararat which would have probably just been custodes? 

• 9 months later...

Ok been dead on this topic for an age, getting my dark mechancum all sorted out. WIth just a few more units to do until the DM is finished, I've started looking back at this project.

Now I've had a mate describe a few bits in regards to the Thunder Warriors in the new Valdor novel which got me thinking of possibly a different base model for the Thunder Warriors

gallery_40397_15986_65153.jpg

Now that pic is obvioulsy terribly basic, but I think it may be moving in the right direction.

The plan is still as before, a Chimerea Reaver Lord, Primus Medicae, 5x Nullicators (represent their psychic resistance). But this time I think I'll be running them all in Angron's plate (reposed obviously). I will give them all Skorr or at the very least Oni masks on their helms. Shoulder pads will be 3d printed, while I think I'll use a variety of Custores arms for their unique poses, gloved-ish hands and size.

Thoughts etc are always welcome! Also if anyone has a decent source on..ah...alternative... angron bodies, do let me know!

Cheers mate!!

Cool! twisted minds think alike and all that. Really like the idea of him removing the frontal part of the death mask to reveal the savaged face beneath under lit
by his helms internal systems :thumbsup:

That salamander head will also look great!

Fluff wise I think the Cerberus incursion is maybe the way to go? Its still an out and out betrayal by the emperor but might also go to show a hatred for the legions as it was one of their number that took part in this as apposed to ararat which would have probably just been custodes?

Sorry for taking forever to reply to this mate!

The sallies head was a bit small on the body, but may work again under this new build idea!

Hmmm maybe a cerberus survivor could work!