Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Abaddon Model Inbound

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 707 posts

Well, I have never, in all my 30+ years of playing GW games, been particularly interested in 40K Chaos models.

I have always loved the fluff, and thought the WHFB/AoS models were great, but outside of Daemons, Chaos as a rule never appealed to me.

I know the models are very dated but tbh, even when new, I didn't like the CSM and Khorne Bezerkers. The closest GW got to getting me to like Chaos Space marines was the models in the Dark Vengeance set.

However, from what I have seen so far, these might be some of the best range refresh models GW have done.

The Havov we've seen and Abaddon are enough to pique my interest. Abaddon itself is an amazing mini, and i wish Guilliman had had similar options when he was released (multiple head variants and detachable cloak would improve the model 100%).

Edited by StraightSilver, 07 March 2019 - 03:10 PM.

• evilhomer and Tyrannicide like this

Heru

Heru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,282 posts
  • Faction: See sig
Now we’ve seen the model, I’m wondering how long it’ll be until we see a rules preview. Hopefully he’ll be getting a significant buff.
My Chapters (Blue) & Traitors (Red):
gallery_20677_1567_12051.jpg
1st Row: Falcon Knights, Darkwatch, Silver Scorpions, Phantom Hounds, Onyx Warlords, Wicked Gods, Wolves of Horus, The Blight, The Bloodborn
2nd Row: Iron Raptors, Immortals, Imperial Monarchs, Starbreakers, The Shadow Kings, The Fallen Lords, Black Wasps, Black Oracles, Dream Eaters

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 568 posts
  • Faction: Various

Could someone who's on Facebook request an interview with the model's designer for Warhammer TV? I'd love to see/hear what went into the design process.

Captain Taelos

Captain Taelos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 179 posts

Could someone who's on Facebook request an interview with the model's designer for Warhammer TV? I'd love to see/hear what went into the design process.

Already done! I asked on the original Facebook thread and they said they'd see what they could do. No promises, obviously.
  • mithrilforge and AHorriblePerson like this

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 568 posts

That's awesome, thanks a lot!

LegionOfMars

LegionOfMars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
What helmet could possibly replace abaddons head? It’s not that I don’t like the sculpt it’s more a case of I know I couldn’t paint it as well as the rest of the model. I’m not the best painter but I’m confident in my ability to do a half decent job only for it to be ruined by my lack lustre skill in face painting.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,479 posts

You know abbadon would never fit that top knot in an helmet msn-wink.gif

Serisously though, there's 99.9% chance of new chaos terminators. I'd wait for those to come out before I looked at my options

LegionOfMars

LegionOfMars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts

You know abbadon would never fit that top knot in an helmet ;)

Serisously though, there's 99.9% chance of new chaos terminators. I'd wait for those to come out before I looked at my options

A simple kitbash would result in the top knot poking out of a terminator helmet! Would look ridiculous but totally worth it for the shock value.

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 646 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
I think I prefer the idea of bald Abbadon with a top knot plume on his helmet to the idea that's actually his hair.
  • mel_danes likes this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,064 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Probably go with a mk4 to fit the Justaerin look
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,687 posts
When will the pre-order article for next week be up? 1pm EST today?

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
6pm UK time usually.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,647 posts

When will the pre-order article for next week be up? 1pm EST today?

Yeah, that's the norm.
  • General Strike likes this

LegionOfMars

LegionOfMars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
Is it the abaddon pre order article or will that come later? The original abaddon announcement article made reference to multiple chaos things being announced in the coming weeks.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,070 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Is it the abaddon pre order article or will that come later? The original abaddon announcement article made reference to multiple chaos things being announced in the coming weeks.

We don’t know until 6. I’m expecting Abaddon though. Could be the AoS Khorne stuff to give a break between Shadowspear and Vigilus 2.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,302 posts
Fair shout on not this week. Give us time for the shadowspear dust to settle.

Don't forget there was a gap between speed freeks and the buggy release iirc.

Don't expect Abaddon next week. Assume AoS khorne.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,321 posts
Yup warcom confirm blades of khorne next week, abbadon by month's end.
  • 01RTB01 likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,302 posts
Solves that.

He'll be available to preorder before months end.

23rd or 30th then.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

What helmet could possibly replace abaddons head? It’s not that I don’t like the sculpt it’s more a case of I know I couldn’t paint it as well as the rest of the model. I’m not the best painter but I’m confident in my ability to do a half decent job only for it to be ruined by my lack lustre skill in face painting.

As Reinhard pointed out, I’d wait a couple of weeks and see what comes in the new Chaos Terminator set (if there is such a thing). I really wanna see the sprues for the Abbadon model. I’m hoping there will be some compatibility with the aforementioned Terminator kit. Maybe the trophy racks will be interchangeable for example.
  • Triszin and LegionOfMars like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 568 posts

The Warmaster will be up for preorder next week! AND we've got our designer's interview!

https://www.warhamme...rines-and-more/

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 22 March 2019 - 08:33 AM.
Removed off-topic content.

• jeremy1391, Midnightmare and Aztek like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,497 posts

The Designers Interview for Abaddon. Worth watching, even if just for the "Jes Goodwin feels old" moment. :P

• Midnightmare, Loquille and AHorriblePerson like this

coldfyre

coldfyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 547 posts
Not just Abaddon and CSM squad, but the terrain piece, vigilus Book 2, AND new codex, with more on the way? holy cow GW is delivering (i'm not a Chaos player but it makes me happy to see them get what they've been owed for so long)

RapatoR

RapatoR

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 701 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
Holy cow I just realized what the double-edged blade from one of the stories is - the blackstone! His plan is to reverse polarity of blackstone deposits at Vigilus so it will ‘become that which it hates the most.’ (from yesterday story).
  • Marshal Rohr, DeadFingers and HandsWithLegs like this
"Hydra might have many heads, but it has always one tail..."

Hydra's tail, Alpha legion penal warband.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,906 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Those Legionaries are works of beauty. I’m stunned. This is the best release in years.
  • Reyner, Marshal Loss, Akylas and 2 others like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,676 posts

While Abaddon's arrival on Vigilus is imminent, please keep the discussion centered on the model. Discussion about the extended lore can be had in the appropriate area(s). Thank you.

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users