Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Abaddon Model Inbound

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,058 posts
  • Faction: Relictors
I just hope that he is quite large and formidable.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,066 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I don’t think there’s any worry he won’t be, considering his boot is the size of the Primaris torso he’s stood on.

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: Knights of the Dark Blade

For a While(3rd and 4th) Drach'Nyen did Instant Death wounds, there was only one attack( in 3rd he could make 4 attacks with the talon, and 1 attack with Drach'nyen) and vehicles would suffer a Penetrating damage( when at the time vehicles damages where divided between Glancing and Penetration).

In 4th/5th Dreadfull codex, Talon and drach'nyen where merged into one profil can't remember how it went, since i've burned nearly all memories of this pile of doo out of my mind as quickly as i could once the 6th ed codex came out..., but i think it was something ridiculous, like a 2xStr Lightening claw?

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

Guzzlrr

Guzzlrr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
  • Faction: the Mortal Armies of Chaos.

I think i seen a picture on Instagram a mock up based on the pictures trying to give you a host of his actual size and if that's correct he's gonna be massive

Iron Within ! Iron Without!

My WIP Check it out.

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,217 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

He shouldn't be more powerful than any of the Primarchs.

He's the Warmaster of Chaos, ten thousand years old and imbued with all the gifts of the Ruinous Powers short of becoming a puppet or actual daemonhood.

He should definitely be more powerful than any loyalist Primarch, though arguably not one of the Daemon Primarchs.

• Bryan Blaire, Morovir, Nemesor Tyriks and 1 other like this

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 545 posts

Perhaps he will have the same/similar sort of aura as GMan........but 11 wounds because......you know......Chaos lol

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,843 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines

I'm sure it'll be a cool model, especially given the one before is so venerable.  I don't even have any interest in playing CSM but I'll be very glad to see the 'ol Warmaster back on the table, especially if we assume that GW will address his rules for Vigilus.

Seems like these models will never end!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,943 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Let's not get into a discussion about who beats who, eh? When Abaddon comes out, y'all can put him on the table and roll the dice to find out.
  • Prot, Magos Takatus, Dosjetka and 1 other like this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,217 posts

The top of 40K Guilliman's head looks to be around 50.5mm above his lower, flat foot.

(To work this out, I used the super scientific method of copying his 60mm round base in MS Paint, tipping that selection on its side, and resizing it by percentages until I found a match.)

Forge World's Horus seems to be slightly shorter; his head is about 45mm above his lower, flat foot.

The arch of his Terminator warplate and the wolfskin above it makes the whole model about 54mm high, but Guilliman also has his halo which is about 59mm above the foot.

Therefore I demand an Abaddon that's 60mm from flattest foot to the top of his head, not including his topknot! teehee.gif

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

The top of 40K Guilliman's head looks to be around 50.5mm above his lower, flat foot.

(To work this out, I used the super scientific method of copying his 60mm round base in MS Paint, tipping that selection on its side, and resizing it by percentages until I found a match.)

Forge World's Horus seems to be slightly shorter; his head is about 45mm above his lower, flat foot.

The arch of his Terminator warplate and the wolfskin above it makes the whole model about 54mm high, but Guilliman also has his halo which is about 59mm above the foot.

Therefore I demand an Abaddon that's 60mm from flattest foot to the top of his head, not including his topknot! teehee.gif

*Model comes out - measures 59mm tall sans topknot*

This is an OUTRAGE! :P

• Nemesor Tyriks likes this

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,690 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Surprised to see that they might be making Abaddon a big boy-- but not unpleasantly surprised. It's overdue in my opinion. (Also happy to see ADB's Black Legion books getting referenced in this thread.)
  • Guzzlrr, Nemesor Tyriks and Jarl Caldersson like this

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,217 posts

Somewhat calling my extremely scientific method into question, the current Abaddon model seems to be about 58mm to the top of the spikes.

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 816 posts
I wish they went with cataphractii plates for the model. I really want to like the model but GW has been hit or miss for me and their chaos stuff is usually way over the top, so I am a bit worried. If I don't like him, I am playing with Horus model instead :D

Dark_Master

Dark_Master

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 829 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Abaddon-2nd-Edn.jpg

Oh the days when terminators made their save on 2D6

DM

Edited by Dark_Master, 11 February 2019 - 11:23 PM.

• Ranulf, Prot, Magos Takatus and 6 others like this

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 639 posts

i love it all... but most of all i love how GW can take the p**s out of themselves with the "Another Primaris lieutenant reveal" which is a base topper for abaddon laugh.png

well done indeed, first time in a while that iv'e looked fwd to a box set release!!

Mithril

This also means that they're acknowledging the fanbase's memeing, which means they're also admitting to looking at our criticisms of their work and behavior, therefore they can't fain ignorance of such things in the future without it being an obvious lie... Everyone should keep that in mind going foreword.

and I remember the last time I saw a big company take the piss out of a meme their fanbase had been throwing around...

It was Bethesda at E3 2018... and then they released Fallout 76... let's Hope this isn't a pattern.

• Calgar 2.0 and Gederas like this

K0rtmer

K0rtmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 760 posts

DM

... And Abaddon's save was 2+ on 2D6. Glorious times.

• Gorgoff likes this

— Visit K0rtmer's echo chamber: slow-burn, random projects, Death Guard, Space Crusade. You know, hobby butterfly. 

gallery_80057_10843_8937.jpg

techsoldaten

techsoldaten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts

DM

Were the new model to come along with a rules change, going back to this would be welcome.

It's not enough that he halves incoming damage. Goes down too easily to sniper fire.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,036 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

DM

Were the new model to come along with a rules change, going back to this would be welcome.

It's not enough that he halves incoming damage. Goes down too easily to sniper fire.

As they say (and i hate to say)

"That´s our boys in blue"  

Now i gotta start painting my old, resin, Abby. Gotta see how they look side by side.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,758 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

The Old Man Abbadon Model was one of my first painted models. i remember Abby being the strongest characters in the game. i had an apocalypse battle once where he must have chewed through half of my opponents army before on the last turn he poked him self in the eye and nearly died to scouts XD

hes Still powerful now he can easily kill Calgar and chew through units with ease but isnt THAT scary anymore but I would like to see him get some sort of rule update. Even if its fixing his weapons as they really do need a slight tweek

What would you like to See rules wise with this fine new model?

I think he is still PRETTY close to that powerful. There is literally nothing in the game I wouldn't throw him into and I know him being present on the table also forces reactions from most opponents as he is more then just some "Chapter master" equivalent.

My Black Legion uses him when my friends (2 of them) play their "all knight" lists. Abbadon has no less then 7 confirmation kills on knights, some of which were upwards of 12 wounds. Took some extra CP and some Prayers to the pantheon but it works, he kicks the kneecap out of a knight pretty consistently and I think personally they are one of the more dangerous models in the game.

I want to see this in-fluff.

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts

DM

As they say (and i hate to say)

"That´s our boys in blue"  

Now i gotta start painting my old, resin, Abby. Gotta see how they look side by side.

Yeah sure as long as he goes back to 3 wounds.

Khalan

Khalan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts

Abby is def primarch sized, With all the chaos energies and demon weapons should be equivalent in power to Bobby G. I think his rules need a re-write though, he is used as a glorified cultist buffer atm.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,354 posts
Primarch-like in size but not competance. 😏

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,446 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

you know, i may actually buy this guy when he comes out...my mate has rowboat... i think a title fight is in the works happy.png

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,085 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bou

• Blindhamster, Guzzlrr, Midnightmare and 3 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 297 posts

Abby is def primarch sized, With all the chaos energies and demon weapons should be equivalent in power to Bobby G. I think his rules need a re-write though, he is used as a glorified cultist buffer atm.

So pretty much how people use robert sewerman.

• Slave to Darkness and Jarl Caldersson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users