The Sekhmet marches - Thousand Sons in Pre-heresy colours

Ciler

As I am nearing completion on my new TS army, I figured I'd share some photos of it.

This army is not designed to be optimal on the tabletop (no tzaangors) but built around the content of the Battle at Calth (for the Mk IV marines) and Battle of Prospero (for the terminators) box sets which I bought ages ago. I will have a mirror Wolves army with the remaining models. Some additions have been made to make the army more functional (one FW praetor as sorcerer in terminator armour and one bow of exalted sorcerers as... a variety of things). I have used a number of FW upgrades (torsos, pads and heads) and the brimstone horrors as "tutelaries" to give the army a bit more character and to stick with the pre-heresy flavour.

Please excuse the somewhat grainy quality of the photos. What do ye think ?

Army-wide shot, sans some of the special characters :

gallery_83433_15284_220562.jpg

Rubricaes :

gallery_83433_15284_10123.jpg

gallery_83433_15284_38812.jpg

gallery_83433_15284_48256.jpg

What do ye think of the use of the legion vexilla as icon of flames ?

Fire support :

gallery_83433_15284_21921.jpg

Elite :

gallery_83433_15284_201507.jpg

I have another 5 termies awaiting some parts (the assault canon bit mostly) and painting to bring the squad to 10.

HQs : Two sorcerers

gallery_83433_15284_110166.jpg

and the big man himself

gallery_83433_15284_47840.jpg

Is the attempted marble effect on the disc suitable ?

Since I had the vast majority of the exalted sorcerer box unused, I... made use of all that was left in it to build some chaos spans and a daemon prince (wings/claws). They are not quite as impressive as the "real" models, but I feel they convey better the process of the flesh change and ascension to daemonhood as described in the heresy books.

gallery_83433_15284_152702.jpg

gallery_83433_15284_63018.jpg

The models have all been based according to what they are supposed to be, and I've added the columns in an effort to "bulk up" the model to the size of the actual daemon prince model with wings.

While I prefer the metallic red FW does for their Thousand Sons, these look great too. Great idea using brimstone horrors as decorations. I might steal that idea. they are almost as cute as nurglings.

I did consider the metallic red route but it wasn't a practical solution. I don't own an airbrush, so the classic tamiya clear red solution is out of the window, and brushing spiritstone red over a silver basecoat works but would get ludicrously expensive and allows only limited room for touch-up should you overspill a shade or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking very good!

I like the addition of the lil' demons and the mutated Sons. A chaos spawn-ish victim of the flesh change would be another great addition, imho. :)

• 4 months later...