Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Siege of Terra Begins

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts

£200 on Ebay. sad.png People sicken me.

Some people are snakes :(

Are they one per order?

• matcap86 likes this

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

Yeah, same here. I still remember taking the tour at WHW and the display I lingered the most at was the old diorama of that pic...

4c105d595b0de5346b09561c7fbbd4ac.jpg

I love Mike McVey's diorama, it's my happy place. laugh.png

£200 on Ebay. sad.png People sicken me.

Some people are snakes sad.png

Are they one per order?

Nope, no limit. Scalpers are taking full advantage.

-Ran

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,865 posts

Sorry if this brakes the rules but those EBAY people deserve a massive slap. I'd happily do it. 

• klisof, RedFurioso and Aztek like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Redrandy93

Redrandy93

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 506 posts

I just checked GW USA site and it is sold out.          They should have made more.      I will get the regular addition when it comes out.

Redrandy93
5th Company
Planet Lucious 4

"For the Emperor"

"We march with Guilliman"

"Death to Traitors"

AfroCampbell

AfroCampbell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 509 posts

I am gutted.

since I was 12 years old I have been reading these books. For the following decade and a half of my life I read them avidly. Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy have got me through a lot. These books were my go-to reads constantly during medical school....

I was so excited to purchase the limited edition of Solar War, I absolutely love John French's books...

sadly I was working as a doctor through the terrorist attacks in Christchurch NZ and have only had about 4 hours sleep in the last few days, despite setting alarms and all the rest of it, I totally missed this book release for obvious reason....

on top of all the :cuss of the last few days it really stings that people would scalp these books that we all know and love so much so that the rest of us couldn't purchase them. If you are reading this and that was you, think about selling that book on to a member of the community at a decent and fair price.

• Azaiel, Lephisto, Marshal Loss and 14 others like this

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

10am PDT is 1:00pm ET

Decisions... Decisions...

• Fang_Guard23 likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,122 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

I just checked GW USA site and it is sold out.          They should have made more.      I will get the regular addition when it comes out.

It’s not been up on the US site yet.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,254 posts

2,500 for a limited run (that the author has to sign) is a fair number to be honest. I'd rather they didn't damage John French's hands too much.

I got my copy, though, so I'm happy.

mkbKIlr.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,091 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

People make money with everything they can. Buying something low and selling high is nothing unusual. I set the blame here not on people who "play the market" but rather on GW who don't limit purchases somehow since those people literally have a bunch of money they sit on ready to throw at something like this and no way most regular customers could keep up with that. That being said, even without those people there would be many not getting their hands on those LEs and end up being unhappy. That's just how things are with limited stuff.

• Biscuittzz and Brother-serpent Tylydox like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

dienekes96

dienekes96

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 287 posts
  • Faction: 13th Company - Modi's Warpack
I have no problem with the limited stock. I have a huge, huge problem with their terrible website. I woke up a few hours early on a Saturday to order. The website crapped out. I could add the book to a cart on the GW website for a few minutes, but could not get it delivered...as I’m a U.S. resident. The BL library continued to be non-responsive. 50 minutes later, and BL site updates. The book is featured! I add it to my cart. Wait a minute for loading. Press checkout. Wait a minute for loading. Confirm information. Wait a minute. Process payment. Two minutes. Then I am returned to a screen that says “Cart is empty.” No transaction. Then a Page 404 on the book.

I don’t mind waking up early. I don’t mind the limited run. I don’t mind the price. I mind a barely functioning website that allows me to spend 6 minutes ordering before saying, in effect, “PSYCHE!”

Enough whining. I’m not paying eBay prices for this. I bought Horus Rising when it was brand new. Hell, I bought Space Wolf when *IT* was new, near two decades ago. I’m quite soured on this experience.
  • Shield-Captain and Fang_Guard23 like this

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 908 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Now that the Heresy is over and we are on the Siege I have to say that the Dark Angels have been pretty badly served. 

Before the series began theirs was the biggest and most well known story set in the Heresy beyond the actual heresy itself. There's a reason that the first novel to branch off from the main story line was about them. The betrayal by the Fallen got set up, then just dropped. Instead we got some novels that cover things no-one asked for or wanted (Damnation of Pythos anyone?). 

This is one of the things I'd most like to see covered by the new series, but I dont see it happening. Things I'd like to see happen that might include: the Emperor giving the order that Landraiders be reserved for Astartes only, Dorn saying "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Or failing that give me a thousand other troops" and something about the Gauntlets of Ultramar being obtained by Gulliman.

Edit: I was at a book reading around 2010 where Graham McNeill said the Iron Hands and Salamanders were unlikely to get a book each as their chapters were mostly done and post Istvaan their stories were basically done. Look how that turned out. 

Edited by grailkeeper, 16 March 2019 - 02:13 PM.

• Gorgoff likes this

lionofjudah

lionofjudah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,097 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Lol... sold out before it went for sale;)... guess I’ll wait for the paperback

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,442 posts

I am gutted.
since I was 12 years old I have been reading these books. For the following decade and a half of my life I read them avidly. Warhammer 40k and the Horus Heresy have got me through a lot. These books were my go-to reads constantly during medical school....
I was so excited to purchase the limited edition of Solar War, I absolutely love John French's books...
sadly I was working as a doctor through the terrorist attacks in Christchurch NZ and have only had about 4 hours sleep in the last few days, despite setting alarms and all the rest of it, I totally missed this book release for obvious reason....
on top of all the :cuss of the last few days it really stings that people would scalp these books that we all know and love so much so that the rest of us couldn't purchase them. If you are reading this and that was you, think about selling that book on to a member of the community at a decent and fair price.

I'm popping you a PM
  • Cyrox and Reclusiarch Krieg like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Uhh it went on sale in America just 2 mins ago, was able to pick up a copy.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

coldfyre

coldfyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 547 posts
Yup just picked up 40 copies (i'm kidding)

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,523 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

Just ordered mine as well. What a morning. Wasn't sure I'd swing it with how the BL site was behaving earlier.

Edited by Soldier of Dorn, 16 March 2019 - 04:49 PM.

• Son of Carnelian likes this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Mechanicus Tech-Support

Mechanicus Tech-Support

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 284 posts
  • Faction: FW Lucius, Steel Confessors

I hear ya, made sure i was logged in and all my info was correct before it went live...GW site seemed fine though thankfully 

[Forgeworld] Lucius & Friends [Steel Confessors] WIP Log: Access data-link: Praise be to the Omnissiah

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 823 posts
Glad I missed it

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,115 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

I had work this morning, and see its sold out already in Canada. Makes the choice easy for me I guess. :P

Q:  Is there room for hope in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40,000?
A:  I do hope not because then it won't be the 40k universe anymore.
- Dan Abnett -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,517 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

BLreleases-Mar16-Share9pa-1.jpg

Tomorrow, thirteen years of the Horus Heresy series will meet their culmination in The Solar War – the first in an 8-volume megaseries that’ll bring the story to its epic climax. We’re letting you know about this one early, as it’s expected to sell out incredibly fast.

See Thirteen years...Great series but honestly...iv'e waited this long, i can wait a year or two more to get the cheap paperback laugh.png 

as for the scalpers...if you don't buy it they can't profit from it... GW should be doing one per customer though sad.png 

Mithril 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

lionofjudah

lionofjudah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,097 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

BL has Sold Out on it when I looked? Oh well, congrats man

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

BL has Sold Out on it when I looked? Oh well, congrats man
It was on sale on the GW site.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson, 17 March 2019 - 02:06 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 741 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Scalpers are selling it on Ebay for a 200-260% mark up, not including shipping. This depresses me. 

J25oay8.jpg

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,254 posts

All I'm taking away from this is that I totally shouldn't open my copy and instead I should sell it in a few years time.

mkbKIlr.png

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Why?  Are you trying to live off the misfortunes of others?  Because that's idea behind of all this moaning about the Ebay sellers.  And I am writing this because for the mods calling people who supplement their income by selling on the Ebay so they can afford to buy things names is rather O.K.  I thought we are living in capitalism but apparently the snowflakes don't think so.

• Slave to Darkness and Subtleknife like this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users