2k CoFAE / BC / Nids - Infantry List

Morticon

Looking to work with the following list.

I know the first thought is to turn the list into a Brigade given I have all the options- but, I think losing the BC ability and buffs for what essentially works out to 2 CP isn't work it. 

Here's what I'm looking at:

Broodsurge Detachment/FAE Battalion

Patriarch (2 familiars) - Amulet, (likely to get reroll charge WL trait)

Magus - (Broodcoven - FAE WL Trait) 

15 Acolytes - Sword, Saw, Cutter

15 Acolytes - Sword & Whip, Drill, Cutter

15 Acolytes - Sword & Whip, Saw, Cutter

Clamavus

Bladed Cog Battalion

Magus

Jackal Alphus

10  Neophytes - 2 Mining Lasers

Kelermorph - Bane 

Sanctus - Gift

Scout Sentinel
Scout Sentinel

Scout Sentinel

3 Mortars

3 Mortars

3 Mortars

Kraken Tyranid Battalion

Broodlord

Broodlord

20 Stealers

5 Stealers

5 Stealers

So, first off, the Nid detachment is likely to gain some attention in terms of suggestions for more optimal units.  I wouldn't deviate from this theme, however. I also have all the models.  But this being said, the BLs are likely to combo Horror and Catalyst to debuff opponents and buff the stealers.  They will likely use the Kraken double advance strat turn one, getting into enemy lines.  

The Neos and mortars combo to get rid of chaff for the harder hitting wave two.  
The Neos also use the Jackal combo to come in from nowhere, hitting on 3s on the turn they pop up - probably using "They Came From Below" to get there turn 1. 

In the event the opponent hasn't learned how to screen, acolytes will probably take point, hoping to get deep into the lines. 

Mass Hypnosis and Amulet will gimp overwatch, allowing them to get in, and sentinels provide some protection from deepstriking units. 

I see some issues with heavy armour lists, and dont even want to think about knight lists. 

But, I dont have to deal with that in my meta right now  

Looks pretty decent Morticon. Re: Kraken Battalion - its a trade off for the Patriarchs buffs vs the Kraken slingshot but i think its a good one. Plus the additional Broodlord psykers.

Even if you ran into super heavy i think you could pull it off with the Patriarch supported by the Acolytes (mining weapons and meat shield).

Ive been running an Amulet Patty with Shadow Stalker, pretty deadly.

What are the Sentinels packing?

Archived