Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apocalypse - Epic at 40K Scale?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,840 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Ist Legion
I still fondly remember and have my falling apart version of white dwarf that had an apocalypse game played by GW staff. It was a phenomenal game to read about and look at all the purty pictures - but the best was the story telling.

I have to agree with you Honda!
  • Honda and Master Commander Ajax like this
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

I hope this will bring us another round of large plastic kits like some of the previous Apocalypse releases biggrin.png

What were the kits released for the last iteration of Apocalypse?

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,981 posts

I hope this will bring us another round of large plastic kits like some of the previous Apocalypse releases biggrin.png

The different Lords of War for each faction. Knights, the Lord of Skulls, Tesseract Vault, Baneblade & Friends, and the Wraithknight iirc

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

The different Lords of War for each faction. Knights, the Lord of Skulls, Tesseract Vault, Baneblade & Friends, and the Wraithknight iirc

The 6th Ed Apoc release saw the Lord of Skulls and the Vault. Baneblade way proceeded that. Imperial Knights and Wraithknight were not related to Apoc.

• SickSix likes this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
I can barely get a Kill Team painted up so the chances of me playing a game of Apocalypse is remote. However, they always were my favourite game to watch and/or read about.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts

The last iteration (2013) was the Necron Tesseract Vault and the CSM Lord of Skulls. The Eldar Wraithknight as well, it came out just a month before the apocalypse book.

The first apocalypse (think it was in 2007) release was the baneblade.

The 2nd in 2009 was the Ork Stompa and the Shadosword (and variants)

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
There was a rumour a while ago about a new edition of Apocalypse coming this year and it would have an updated big model and a new big one as well.

I have no idea about the source or accuracy and can’t even remember where I read it but thought I’d mention it in case anyone else can shed some light on it.

Personally I want to see the Primaris Overlord flyer from the DI novel. That would give us our plastic Thunderhawk at last. A big Mechanicus something would be awesome also.

Edited by Burni, 28 March 2019 - 06:02 PM.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,141 posts
Overlord != Thunderhawk.

I think a lot of people would agree too ;)
  • CaptainFrederickson likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,909 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Clearly its a Plastic Imperator. 

• Master Commander Ajax and librisrouge like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts
That wouldn’t give you a plastic thunderhawk, that would give you a plastic overlord :lol:

I doubt they’d do that over the thunderhawk, in particular because it is a much larger craft and is probably too big to be done in plastic. I’d look to forgeworld for the Overlord if I were you.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I was thinking Overlord too as it's curiously the only thing mentioned in fluff that doesn't have a model yet. I'm also surprised nobody was yelling plastic Thunderhawk yet. I guess the meme finally died. :D

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,214 posts
Oh, man, is it really possible that they might be finally releasing a plastic thunderhawk to support the new Apocalypse edition?
I would think that with FW renewing the resin model that hope had died for a good few years. But then again, there was a thunderhawk clock in the squat announcement video, next to a sisters of battle one...
Oh god GW please stop doing this, I have just started earning money and it would be nice to be able to save some, y'know?
  • Honda and Bruce Malcom like this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,909 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

The overlord is Stormbird sized isn't it?

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

Oh, man, is it really possible that they might be finally releasing a plastic thunderhawk to support the new Apocalypse edition?
I would think that with FW renewing the resin model that hope had died for a good few years. But then again, there was a thunderhawk clock in the squat announcement video, next to a sisters of battle one...
Oh god GW please stop doing this, I have just started earning money and it would be nice to be able to save some, y'know?

It's possible sure. But at this point we have absolutely zero indication if there will even be supporting model releases for the new Apoc, so what they might be if there are any is nothing but wildest speculation.

• Elzender likes this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Hastings75 said we were going to get a plastic Thunderhawk a few years back but then we got an updated resin model instead (which in fairness was still pretty cool). It seems likely to me that what he saw/heard about was instead a new Primaris flyer. Obviously I’d much prefer a plastic Thunderhawk Gunship but it does seem pretty unlikely at this point. Who knows though.

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 28 March 2019 - 06:10 PM.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Exilyth

Exilyth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: AM, SM, GSC

Anyone notice the "3 vortex missile" warning text on the side of the box? Wonder if that's just fluff or actual models/weapons to use in the game.

WH40k: Astra Militarum: ~2500 Pts, Space Marines: ~2500 Pts, GSC: ~1000 Pts

"Reduce, recycle, reuse - don't waste your sprues!"

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I'm also surprised nobody was yelling plastic Thunderhawk yet. I guess the meme finally died. biggrin.png

I waited many years for a plastic Valkyrie and my faith was rewarded.

If I have to wait the rest of my life (and I don't think I will) for a plastic Thunderhawk, IT WILL STILL BE WORTH IT.

#releasethehawk

• Felix Antipodes, SickSix, Battybattybats and 2 others like this
Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

spessmarine

spessmarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

There was a rumour a while ago about a new edition of Apocalypse coming this year and it would have an updated big model and a new big one as well.

I have no idea about the source or accuracy and can’t even remember where I read it but thought I’d mention it in case anyone else can shed some light on it.

Personally I want to see the Primaris Overlord flyer from the DI novel. That would give us our plastic Thunderhawk at last. A big Mechanicus something would be awesome also.

I think I remember reading something like that too.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,319 posts
Between the potential for a gw airbrush and a plastic thunderhawk my current account may be in trouble. However I think it's safe; there are no plastic sisters to ride in it or primarch to ride upon!

Initially my interest for apocalypse was non exist and but it might give me something to do with my vanguard miniatures space marine and guard equivalents other than line them up around the titanicus models.

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,015 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

Between the potential for a gw airbrush and a plastic thunderhawk my current account may be in trouble. However I think it's safe; there are no plastic sisters to ride in it or primarch to ride upon!

Initially my interest for apocalypse was non exist and but it might give me something to do with my vanguard miniatures space marine and guard equivalents other than line them up around the titanicus models.

If Gw releases another airbrush and it isn't any better than their last one your account shouldn't notice the small wound. If I recall their last one was maybe $30.00 usd. Super un-useful for anything beyond a base coat.  I would be shocked if they released an airbrush that was actually with the money.
On the other hand I can't speculate on the red loss a plastic Thunderhawk will inflict... 
Best of luck.

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,307 posts
Hmmm .... Rumour engine has an outstanding primaris type vehicle bit...
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
Hmm sadly my chronic fatigue syndrome disability may make playing this impossible even with the unit trays. Certainly with my Tyranids sadly when who knows how many points I have (especially all the purestrain stealers) If I shift my knights to the top of the to-do pile maybe I could join in a multiplayer team maaaaybe.

But just because I may not be able to play this it doesn’t mean I’m not feeling the hype! And if there’s a giant Mechanicus thing coming I’ll get it just to have it (and maybe one day there will be a cure or treatment for my disability). And there were those rumours of a plastic warhound.
  • Bruce Malcom likes this

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,385 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

Hmm sadly my chronic fatigue syndrome disability may make playing this impossible even with the unit trays. Certainly with my Tyranids sadly when who knows how many points I have (especially all the purestrain stealers) If I shift my knights to the top of the to-do pile maybe I could join in a multiplayer team maaaaybe.

But just because I may not be able to play this it doesn’t mean I’m not feeling the hype! And if there’s a giant Mechanicus thing coming I’ll get it just to have it (and maybe one day there will be a cure or treatment for my disability). And there were those rumours of a plastic warhound.

If as suggested it is going to offer a streamlined ruleset then it could be ideal for you, offering a more manageable way to play "regular sized" games of 1500 - 3000 points.

Rik
  • Battybattybats and Bruce Malcom like this

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Apoc is and has always been super popular.

That it’s super slow and clunky cause it’s just 40K with more and bigger models is well-known and established - but people keep playing it anyways cause to them the spectacle is the point.

Apoc as its own game system is pretty much a no-brainer.

So true, but at least in my group its a love/hate.

The last big game (a few years back at this point) pretty much fractured it, for good as a lot of people got pissed by the end of it.:P
Q:  Is there room for hope in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40,000?
A:  I do hope not because then it won't be the 40k universe anymore.
- Dan Abnett -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

Apoc is and has always been super popular.

That it’s super slow and clunky cause it’s just 40K with more and bigger models is well-known and established - but people keep playing it anyways cause to them the spectacle is the point.

Apoc as its own game system is pretty much a no-brainer.

So true, but at least in my group its a love/hate.

The last big game (a few years back at this point) pretty much fractured it, for good as a lot of people got pissed by the end of it.:P

Hopefully a coherent system designed for that scope of game that lets the average game last more than 1.5 turns will help with that ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users