Hive fleet Charybdis

Canadian_F_H

in the spirit of having to many things on my plate, I started working on a tyranid army (and a GSC army) because I realized I already had one because of all the Genestealers from 2 copies of spacehulk, the bugs from the BA vs NIDS "deathstorm" and of course the contents of the DW vs GSC boxgame...

I chose the name Charybdis because it's a massive devouring Sea monster that when it opens its mouth creates a massive whirlpool.

Will update with some WIP images later today once they finish uploading.

So. My main army takes a lot of effort and I'm very obsessed with getting everything right. It has become very conversion intensive and it's a simple yet tricky to really nail down scheme. Several of my side armies I am less passionate about but they are intrinsically more complex to paint at times. So I'm trying to get some positive Hobby vibes going by finishing projects. I of course care about doing a good job with everything I do, but feeling less pressure from an army that isn't the passion project is nice.

So all that said I'm going for a super easy scheme that hits the 90% mark with a few steps that don't require a heck of a lot of meticulous brushwork. This is important 1st because I want to accomplish nice results quickly to feel better about this whole hobby, and 2nd because I don't want a swarm army to take an eternity to paint...

Anyway here is where I was at last night.

They might be out of order but 1 picture shows the base and 2 layers of art brushing on all 4. the other 3 picks are after a wash, still wet as the time of image capture.

*edit, fixing the images... Doh

Hidden Content

0ZjiAh1R_o.jpg

4McTwVOo_o.jpg mvIYsvVW_o.jpg 3wzl2BVS_o.jpg

Quite literally going for a mix between all the damn oak roaches and the crawfish we have down here. Lol

Edited by Canadian_F_H

In a discussion the other day I came to a humerous realization.

I have inadvertently started painting my tyranids to look kinda like boiled crawfish. The made up subsector My imperial guard regiment is from is named after the region I currently live in. The people in this region eat boiled crawfish. My Nids are invading this subsector. Which means I have created a hive fleet of crawfish that are eating my 40k expy Cajuns who in the real world eat crawfish...

What have I done?!

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Indeed.

So. I guess I need to decide what chapter all the terminator bits are from. I don't have any regular opponent to taunt as is tradition when modeling casualties on your bases.

My options are limited for sticking to the theme of my little microcosm where all my armies clash.

My main army is Black Templars and I have plans for some imperial fists and crimson fists allies. Not sure which of the three would stand out. Also have some word bearers, and iron warriors but I don't think I'll go that route.

• 2 weeks later...

Some WIP photos for y'all. Should show up as thumbnails that can be clicked on... My phone takes big pictures and I didn't resize them...

Hope this works...

dOCiYjKI_t.jpg ytFxtvko_t.jpg 0OpY1MGk_t.jpg WYw9dbHK_t.jpg 7iMCXmQT_t.jpg QRoUMLjr_t.jpg dQcy3d2n_t.jpg vtJyfs3A_t.jpg

Doesn't seam to be working... And why are they all sideways?  

Edited by Canadian_F_H