Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Skitarii Transport Teaser

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
Australian Championship Preview Event on the Warhammer Community

Skitarii Transport Teaser on Youtube

Skitarii transport incoming! YEAH BABY!

Edited by Brother Casman, 04 May 2019 - 12:43 PM.
Adding links

• Magos Takatus, mithrilforge, Jack of the Pelt and 5 others like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
Skitarii transport, the prayers have been answered. I’d guess those two rumour engine images will be solved by this. So could be a hover transport!

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Well I'd bet money the ominous Primaris transport from the rumour engine is the Skitarii transport. :P
Anyway I'm happy especially for you Iron Hands players. Finally a named character and he looks great too!

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,909 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Skitarii Transport is great news.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,866 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I'm hyped for AdMech transports.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 04 May 2019 - 12:36 PM.
Removed off-topic.

• Red_Shift likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,542 posts

I am so happy that our nagging bears fruit. Sickly mechanical fruit filled with cogs and glowy bits, sure, but fruit nonetheless. I wonder whether it will continue the trend and be a walker or if it will be a hover transport? I'm worried it's going to look a bit goofy but I was skeptical about the Onager when it first came out and I think it's great now.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 04 May 2019 - 12:36 PM.
Removed off-topic.

• Battybattybats likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

Admech transport is needed, sort of. I'm still not sure what I'd put in it, but I guess that's dependent on stats, carrying capacity and cost. Electropriests of plasma vanguards might be workable.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 04 May 2019 - 12:37 PM.
Removed off-topic.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts

Love it all! Admech transport is needed, sort of. I'm still not sure what I'd put in it, but I guess that's dependent on stats, carrying capacity and cost. Electropriests of plasma vanguards might be workable.

Yeah, I’m thinking Electropriests and Vanguard. FW sales of the drill transport are about to fall off a cliff. I’m definitely buying 2 of the new thing without even seeing it! I bet it will come out with the separate release of the TP Maniplus in grey plastic (because screw red plastic).

They showed quite a lot considering it’s WHFest next Saturday, I’m quite surprised! Hopefully there’s some really juicy stuff next week!

Removed off-topic.

• Commissar Ibram Gaunt likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,348 posts

Skirarii transport is great news, that will be the vehicle parts we have seen in the rumour engines them presumably.

Removed off-topic.

nagashnee

nagashnee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 382 posts
Wonder if the skitarii transport will be a new 41k thing or inserted into lore so its usable in 30k and to give fw the window to use it as a base for future kits.

The Mechanicum Never Deletes Anything.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,943 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
This topic will cover the new AdMech teasers, so it doesn't get lost in the other discussion.
  • mithrilforge likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,343 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos
Anyone else get a chuckle that the reason for the Skitarii getting a transport boils down to "we'll stop asking if you just do it"?
  • Jack of the Pelt, Noserenda, totgeboren and 4 others like this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

KhorneHunter57x

KhorneHunter57x

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,993 posts
I hope it's more than just a transport, though - a transport-tank-hover-IFV-thing like the Repulsor, and not just an AdMech Taurox/Rhino/etc.
  • Bev'an likes this

"We must thank the Emperor, I suppose, that it was Roboute Guilliman's gene-line that proved the most stable and prevalent. Had it been that of Russ or the Khan, for example, we would have found ourselves defended by feral savages barely distinguishable from our foes. At least the Ultramarines successors understand how to conduct war in a civilized fashion." - pg. 25, Codex Supplement: Ultramarines

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,343 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

I hope it's more than just a transport, though - a transport-tank-hover-IFV-thing like the Repulsor, and not just an AdMech Taurox/Rhino/etc.

A Dunecrawler with a basket on the back perhaps?
  • KhorneHunter57x and Mechanicus Tech-Support like this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
I’m still hoping for a dual-build flyer-interceptor/transport kit, as that would sort out two gaps in the Mechanicus military forces at once.

The bits from rumour engine pics suggest a grav vehicle but i could still see an ornithopter (like the descriptions from dune that can fly with flapping wings or fixed wings and jets). But grav would still be good. I’m hyped!
  • Burni likes this

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,048 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Anyone else get a chuckle that the reason for the Skitarii getting a transport boils down to "we'll stop asking if you just do it"?

It was hilarious!biggrin.png

• Canadian_F_H likes this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,822 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Yeah! That video was great.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,499 posts

So now that an AdMech transport is confirmed, it's very likely that these two belong to it, considering they share design elements with the Dunecrawler.

Sep4-RumourEngine.jpg2019-03-19.jpg

• Burni, Battybattybats and Tipsy Techpriest like this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,133 posts

Yup, and those (or at least the first one) just screams skimmer to me

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,307 posts
Fleur de lys on there is sisters surely
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,072 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

It’s not really a fleur de lys, and it’s present on the Onager and Taurox already.
  • 01RTB01 and Elzender like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,499 posts

It's on the Dunecrawler's legs and lid, as well as on the Ironstrider.

adeptus_mechanicus_onager_dunecrawler_si

• 01RTB01 likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,307 posts
On that basis, yup both ad mech! :)
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,213 posts

I hope it's a stretched walker.

• Doctor Perils and Mechanicus Tech-Support like this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Walter Payton

Walter Payton

+FRATER DOMUS+